non-virtual thunk

contactm...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2007, 12:53:46 AM7/3/07
Can you explain what a non-virtual thunk is? I have been getting
this error when trying to link libraries that I have built with
optimization. Specifically, when I change -Os to -O3 when building
the libraries.

--
Regards
Mayank Jain

Neelesh Bodas

Jul 3, 2007, 1:25:30 AM7/3/07
On Jul 3, 9:53 am, "contactmayankj...@gmail.com"

<contactmayankj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Can you explain what a non-virtual thunk is? I have been getting
> this error when trying to link libraries that I have built with
> optimization. Specifically, when I change -Os to -O3 when building
> the libraries.

I neither believe this is your question nor I believe that this is
your wording. Just have a look at http://lists.apple.com/archives/Unix-porting/2003/Dec/msg00108.html.

If, by a strange coincidence, you really have this question, then
providing a piece of code with the exact error message would be
helpful.

-Neelesh

> --
> Regards
> Mayank Jain
> 9818390836www.mayankjain.110mb.com

contactm...@gmail.com

Jul 3, 2007, 1:37:24 AM7/3/07
On Jul 3, 10:25 am, Neelesh Bodas <neelesh.bo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jul 3, 9:53 am, "contactmayankj...@gmail.com"
>
> <contactmayankj...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Can you explain what anon-virtualthunkis? I have been getting

> > this error when trying to link libraries that I have built with
> > optimization. Specifically, when I change -Os to -O3 when building
> > the libraries.
>
> I neither believe this is your question nor I believe that this is
> your wording. Just have a look athttp://lists.apple.com/archives/Unix-porting/2003/Dec/msg00108.html.

> If, by a strange coincidence, you really have this question, then
> providing a piece of code with the exact error message would be
> helpful.
>
> -Neelesh
>

> > --
> > Regards
> > Mayank Jain
> > 9818390836www.mayankjain.110mb.com

It's an internal implementation detail used for C++ class hierarchies
that involve multiple inheritance. You aren't doing anything wrong;
this is a compiler bug. We know that we need to fix it. In the mean
time, the best workaround we know of is to use the same optimization
level for linking against a library that you used to compile the
library.

(You might also consider not exporting a C++ interface from a library.
We work very hard to make sure that the C and Objective C ABI stays
the same from one compiler release to the next, but we make no such
promise for C++.)

http://lists.apple.com/archives/Unix-porting/2003/Dec/msg00107.html

what is written is this true?

Any idea to resolve this issue.

When I am compiling my code without the -O2 option it got compiled but
it gives me error when I am using this option. I am using the latest
version of the GCC compiler