Retro games competition

James Eibisch

Jun 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/10/96

Someone posted a few days ago about a competition to write a retro game
in qbasic. Could whoever it was repeat the post including the deadline
please? I've got another couple of hours to put into what I believe is
the most authentic version of a classic game of which there are many
versions around on the net. It's an oldie that anyone could knock up in
less than a day, but I like it :)

Peter Cooper

Jun 12, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/12/96

In article <31bc8f39.47894@news>
jeib...@revolver.demon.co.uk "James Eibisch" writes:

WARNING!! AN OLD EXTRACT FROM A PAST FANZINE!! :))

_____-----~~~~~-----_____-----~~~~~-----_____-----~~~~~-----_____-----~~~~~
THE BASIX FANZINE
| SECTION 2 SUBPART 3 | Competition!!! |

If you read the introduction to the fanzine then you will have got the jist
of this competition. But let me go into it.

The latest competition is to write a retro game in QBasic or a compatable
language (ASIC is fine) and then send it in and the winner will be flooded
with prizes! :^)

Here are six suggestions:
- Centipede (the one where you shoot the 'pede coming)
- Space Invaders (you MUST know what this is)
- Pong (the bat and ball game)
- Defenders (where you fly a ship above a planet)
- Asteroids (the rotate, thrust, and get the ufo game)
- Text Adventure (any type of TEXT adventure)

If you want to enter then the deadline is 30th June . Judging will be done
on the 1st and 2nd of July and then the winner will be announced in Fanzine
6 or 7 which will be released only a little while after.

The winner will be flooded with useful programming prizes. You have to enter
to find out what! :^) Although, I'll tell you one.. If it is really good then
I'll compile it (if you cannot do that) and you'll get a free copy of the
QBasic compiler I'm writing (when it actually gets done), besides more. :)
But really the competition is for fun! :)

Dere ya go :)

Cheers :)
--
pc