Gawk constant folding trial patch available

Aharon Robbins

May 21, 2009, 12:42:06 PM5/21/09
See

http://www.skeeve.com/gawk/opt.diff

for a gawk patch relative to 3.1.6 that adds simple constant folding to
gawk with a new -O option. It passes the original 3.1.6 test suite.

Please try this out. If I get no negative feedback in the next few
days I'll put it into gawk-stable.

Thanks,

Arnold
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com
P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0381

GLT

May 22, 2009, 2:21:21 PM5/22/09
On May 21, 12:42 pm, arn...@skeeve.com (Aharon Robbins) wrote:
> See
>
>        http://www.skeeve.com/gawk/opt.diff
>
> for a gawk patch relative to 3.1.6 that adds simple constant folding to
> gawk with a new -O option.  It passes the original 3.1.6 test suite.

Arnold, it's nice to see that you have some time to be working on this
and other recent enhancements. Good luck, and thanks.

Galen, who is undergoing severe VMS withdrawal...