Gawk git repo available, CVS gateway included

Aharon Robbins

Dec 8, 2010, 3:18:15 PM12/8/10
Hi All.

The savannah.gnu.org site was cracked over Thanksgiving weekend and was
down for several days. The GNU people got it restored and back up in
the middle of last week. The git repo for gawk is up to date.

Part of what Savannah provides is CVS access to git repositories. The CVS
gateway initially wasn't working for gawk, but now it is.

You can now use:

cvs -d:pserver:anon...@pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/gawk.git \
co -d gawk master

to get the development version. I have tried it and it worked for me.
I was able to use "cvs update" to pull down a change that was pushed
to the git repo after the initial CVS checkout.

You might want to check out the current code. A nice new feature has been
sitting there in plain sight, fully documented, just waiting patiently
to be discovered. :-)

Enjoy,

Arnold
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com
P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0381

Hermann Peifer

Dec 9, 2010, 8:10:35 AM12/9/10
On 08/12/2010 21:18, Aharon Robbins wrote:
> Hi All.
>
> The savannah.gnu.org site was cracked over Thanksgiving weekend and was
> down for several days. The GNU people got it restored and back up in
> the middle of last week. The git repo for gawk is up to date.
>
> Part of what Savannah provides is CVS access to git repositories. The CVS
> gateway initially wasn't working for gawk, but now it is.
>
> You can now use:
>
> cvs -d:pserver:anon...@pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/gawk.git \
> co -d gawk master

Is there a way to checkout gawk-stable?

I have identical downloads for "co -d gawk master" and "co -d
gawk-stable gawk-stable".

Hermann

Aharon Robbins

Dec 9, 2010, 2:17:59 PM12/9/10
In article <idqkg1$fa1$1...@news.albasani.net>,

Hermann Peifer <pei...@gmx.eu> wrote:
>> You can now use:
>>
>> cvs -d:pserver:anon...@pserver.git.sv.gnu.org:/gawk.git \
>> co -d gawk master
>>

>Is there a way to checkout gawk-stable?
>
>I have identical downloads for "co -d gawk master" and "co -d
>gawk-stable gawk-stable".
>
>Hermann

Harumph. Not good. I guess the CVS pserver is very minimal; another
report I have is that cvs -kb isn't having an effect. I will ask about
this too.

Thanks,

Hermann Peifer

Dec 10, 2010, 5:34:28 PM12/10/10
On 08/12/2010 18:18, Aharon Robbins wrote:

> You might want to check out the current code. A nice new feature has been
> sitting there in plain sight, fully documented, just waiting patiently
> to be discovered. :-)

Aha. I guess you are referring to #21 in the NEWS file. Indeed, a nice
new feature.

Hermann

Tim Menzies

Dec 11, 2010, 4:59:12 AM12/11/10

arrays of arrays? cool!

but how does it work? this fails:

BEGIN{split("as,asdsa",tmp,/,/); split("bb,bb",tmp2,/,/); tmp[1]=tmp2}

Tim Menzies

Dec 11, 2010, 5:23:25 AM12/11/10

ah, guess i should have RTFM: arrays of arrays are nicely documented in
info gawk

there is so much that is nice in this release: -E, --sandbox, the
debugger, indirect functions and @include

thanks aharon!