Beta release of gawk 4.0.1

Aharon Robbins

Jan 29, 2012, 2:07:26 PM1/29/12
This note is to announce the first BETA release of GNU Awk 4.0.1.

It is available from:

http://www.skeeve.com/gawk/gawk-4.0.0h.tar.gz

This is a bug-fix release.

As far as I can tell, the documentation and code have both hit the
freeze point.

So, why do a beta release? So that you, yes you, the end user, can see
if anything I've done breaks gawk for you. Then you can TELL ME ABOUT
IT so that I can fix it for the final release.

Thanks,

Arnold Robbins
arn...@skeeve.com
Copyright (C) 2010, 2011 Free Software Foundation, Inc.

Copying and distribution of this file, with or without modification,
are permitted in any medium without royalty provided the copyright
notice and this notice are preserved.

Changes from 4.0.0 to 4.0.1

1. The default handling of backslash in sub() and gsub() has been reverted to
the behavior of 3.1. It was silly to think I could break compatibility that
way, even for standards compliance.

XXX. Lots of minor bugs fixed and portability clean-ups along the way. See
the ChangeLog for details.
--
Aharon (Arnold) Robbins arnold AT skeeve DOT com
P.O. Box 354 Home Phone: +972 8 979-0381