Open-source project for ADA development

Socorro

Jul 16, 2009, 8:28:42 PM7/16/09
Hi all, a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .
Regards,
Socorro.

Socorro

Jul 16, 2009, 8:29:50 PM7/16/09

email him at adabat...@gmail.com if you desire to join.

Marek

Jul 17, 2009, 2:23:43 AM7/17/09

I think that is better to use 'Ada' as the language name instead 'ADA'...

Peter Hermann

Jul 17, 2009, 8:08:09 AM7/17/09

Are you sure Socorro means our precious programing language?
If true then he_needs_some_Socorro; end if;
My resources are waiting patiently...

John B. Matthews

Jul 17, 2009, 10:25:36 AM7/17/09
In article
<941f708f-1acd-437b...@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
Socorro <socorrin...@gmail.com> wrote:

> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
> http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .

$ svn checkout http://ada-dream.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ temp
A temp/readme.txt
Checked out revision 2.
$ ls -s temp/
total 0
0 readme.txt

Needs more Ada.

--
John B. Matthews
trashgod at gmail dot com

Georg Bauhaus

Jul 17, 2009, 12:04:54 PM7/17/09
John B. Matthews schrieb:

> In article
> <941f708f-1acd-437b...@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,
> Socorro <socorrin...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
>> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
>> http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/ .
>
> $ svn checkout http://ada-dream.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/ temp
> A temp/readme.txt
> Checked out revision 2.
> $ ls -s temp/
> total 0
> 0 readme.txt
>
> Needs more Ada.

Just conincidentally, I suppose, and without any offence
intended: the internet says that Socorro is an island
West of Mexico, former home to a dove that is extinct in the
wild after it has had to face animals (cats, for example)
invading the island when a military base was built there.

(Seemingly, a reintroduction program has been started.)

How would the envisioned programming effort compare to the PAL?

Georg Bauhaus
Y A Time Drain http://www.9toX.de

Chrono

Jul 17, 2009, 10:35:24 PM7/17/09

well...ada is not case sensitive...so if one uses adA instead of
anything else, that's the same thing lol

Chrono

Jul 17, 2009, 10:53:40 PM7/17/09
On 17 jul, 13:04, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauh...@futureapps.de> wrote:
> John B. Matthews schrieb:
>

> > In article
> > <941f708f-1acd-437b-ae16-f7be272db...@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> >  Socorro <socorrinhavie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> >> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
> >>http://code.google.com/p/ada-dream/.
>
> > $ svn checkouthttp://ada-dream.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/temp
> > A    temp/readme.txt
> > Checked out revision 2.
> > $ ls -s temp/
> > total 0
> > 0 readme.txt
>
> > Needs more Ada.
>
> Just conincidentally, I suppose, and without any offence
> intended: the internet says that Socorro is an island
> West of Mexico, former home to a dove that is extinct in the
> wild after it has had to face animals (cats, for example)
> invading the island when a military base was built there.
>
> (Seemingly, a reintroduction program has been started.)

> How would the envisioned programming effort compare to the PAL?
>
> --
> --
> Georg Bauhaus
> Y A Time Drain  http://www.9toX.de

I should take care she...
the ada-dream project do not have the intention to be compared to
anything else. It's just a try to make new discussions over common
algorithms with a new perspective. For example, the idea came out when
battousai and me were looking for full ada implementations of wavelet
transforms. And obvious as Ada is not present in coding world as other
languages like C/C++/Java/Phyton and a big list, SURE we could not
find it. Evenmore, we could not find a simple Fourier implementation
over convex finite bodies! lol google as not able to help me in a fft
implementation in pure Ada, but I could get in our forum (thanks!).
So, ada-dream project has 2 days, and sure contains nothing! The
intention is just to help people like me, who knows almost nothing,
but recognizes that Ada is a very very powerful language which can be
used for a huge amount of project types.

Socorro

Jul 18, 2009, 2:10:14 PM7/18/09

lol!! I needed really! rs but I guess he fixed it in the page.
regards

Socorro

Jul 18, 2009, 2:21:40 PM7/18/09
On 17 jul, 13:04, Georg Bauhaus <rm.dash-bauh...@futureapps.de> wrote:
> John B. Matthews schrieb:
>

> > In article
> > <941f708f-1acd-437b-ae16-f7be272db...@b14g2000yqd.googlegroups.com>,

> >  Socorro <socorrinhavie...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> >> a friend of mine created an open-source project for delivering
> >> general purposes algorithms in Ada. Take a look on that in
> > A    temp/readme.txt
> > Checked out revision 2.
> > $ ls -s temp/
> > total 0
> > 0 readme.txt
>
> > Needs more Ada.
>
> Just conincidentally, I suppose, and without any offence
> intended: the internet says that Socorro is an island
> West of Mexico, former home to a dove that is extinct in the
> wild after it has had to face animals (cats, for example)
> invading the island when a military base was built there.

hope that it's a pretty island :-p

Randy Brukardt

Jul 18, 2009, 9:02:57 PM7/18/09
"Chrono" <pabl...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> Evenmore, we could not find a simple Fourier implementation
> over convex finite bodies! lol google as not able to help me in a fft
> implementation in pure Ada, but I could get in our forum (thanks!).

That's not too surprising; there are a lot of "Ada"s out there.

May I suggest trying the Ada-wide search engine found at
http://www.adaic.com/site/wide-search.html; it searches only known
Ada-related sites. Google will have a wider reach, of course, but if
something is in the usual Ada universe it will show up on the list of known
Ada sites and thus be found without also picking up database programming,
disabled Americans, dentists, and milk. ;-)

Randy Brukardt, webmaster Adaic.