ANN: Paraffin 2.4

Brad Moore

Feb 11, 2012, 1:17:21 PM2/11/12
Paraffin is a set of Ada 2005 generics that may be used to add
parallelism to iterative loops and recursive code.

Paraffin also includes a suit of useful parallel utilities that
utilize the Paraffin generics. These include generics for;
1) generic to integrating a function in parallel
2) generic to apply quicksort algorithm in parallel to an array
3) generic to apply fast fourier transform to an array of data.
4) generic Red-Black tree container that performs some operations
in parallel.
5) function to solve matrices using Gauss-Jordan Elimination

Paraffin 2.4 modifications include:

- Added a reusable utility to solve a matrix of linear equations using
Gauss-Jordan Elimination.
- Added test_matrix test driver for parallel/sequential matrix solvers
- Red-Black Tree containers fully implemented now.
(Delete, and Contains calls work)
- Split Red-Black Tree container into separate generics
- Sequential
- Work sharing
- Work Seeking
- Stack Safe Work Seeking
- The Red Black Tree generic was previously intended mostly as a
test driver for Paraffin Recursive generics. Now the generic has
been completed to a state where it can be reused on its own as
as generic container.
- Changed use of Unchecked_Conversion for Recurse supprogram access
to use 'Unrestricted_Access instead. This cleaned the code up
considerably in this area. One issue to look into, is that
'Unrestricted_Access is a non-standard attribute. It is supported
by both GNAT and the ICC compiler however. It may not be supported
by other Ada 2005 compilers. Unfortunately, Unchecked_Conversion in
this case is not portable either, and may not even continue to work
with the existing compilers, so it was thought that using
'Unrestricted_Access was the best option for now. Will investigate
to see if there is a possibility for a better solution, or providing
a portable mechanism in a future version of Ada.

Anh Vo

Feb 12, 2012, 1:26:03 PM2/12/12
Thank you for sharing your work. Could you add the link to this work?
Thanks.

A. Vo

Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57)

Feb 12, 2012, 1:48:36 PM2/12/12
Le Sun, 12 Feb 2012 19:26:03 +0100, Anh Vo <anhvo...@gmail.com> a écrit:
> Thank you for sharing your work. Could you add the link to this work?
> Thanks.
>
> A. Vo

He was so much happy he forget it:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/

Brad Moore

Feb 13, 2012, 12:55:29 AM2/13/12
On 12/02/2012 11:48 AM, Yannick Duchêne (Hibou57) wrote:
> Le Sun, 12 Feb 2012 19:26:03 +0100, Anh Vo <anhvo...@gmail.com> a écrit:
>> Thank you for sharing your work. Could you add the link to this work?
>> Thanks.
>>
>> A. Vo
>
> He was so much happy he forget it:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/paraffin/

Thanks for providing the link, Yannick.
I had this nagging feeling that I forgot to mention something...