SOCI 3.1.0 released, SOCI-Ada merged

Maciej Sobczak

Oct 11, 2011, 10:02:27 AM10/11/11
I am pleased to announce that the 3.1.0 release of SOCI is available
for download.

SOCI is a database access library for C++ that is recognized for its
ease of use and natural API.

The SOCI-Ada project existed as a separate package and provided the
Ada binding to the SOCI library with the advantage of reusing the
constantly-growing set of backends developed withing the context of
the main project.

The SOCI-Ada project is going to be discontinued as it was effectively
merged with the main SOCI project. That is, Ada programmers that want
to access databases using SOCI can now use a single and consistent
software package.

The home page of the SOCI project is:

http://soci.sourceforge.net/

The documentation related to the SOCI-Ada part is available at:

http://soci.sourceforge.net/doc/languages/ada/index.html

Don't hesitate to contact me in case of any questions related to the
build process. It has been tested with recent GNAT versions and
appropriate project files are provided, but some customization might
be necessary depending on how GNAT itself was installed and how it
relates to the C++ compiler on the given target system.

--
Maciej Sobczak * http://www.msobczak.com * http://www.inspirel.com