http://www.css.nu needs new management

1 view

Jan Roland Eriksson

Sep 24, 2005, 4:17:23 AM9/24/05
I 'Jan Roland Eriksson' of Sweden Europe have been the officially
registered owner of both the domain 'css.nu' and the corresponding
website at http://www.css.nu since April 1998.

Oldtimers here in this NG knows the background of how it started and a
few of you was also fundamental in how to find, and get the site
properly hosted, at one of the worlds most stable ISP's,
http://www.he.net where 'css.nu' has been sitting on server "pluto"
since day one of its existence.

css.nu has always had a very high ranking in search engines, e.g. for a
search key of simple 'CSS' Google today reports it at place 14 out of
some 200000 hits total.

Both my original partner Sue and I have found new angles in life and
there is simply no time available for any one of us to maintain the site
as it should be maintained and that leads me to a suggestion for serious
usenauts in this NG.

I'm prepared to give away css.nu to one serious and responsible person
exactly in the status it is today.

The domain 'css.nu' is paid for until April 2007 and the site hosting is
billed to me as a private person at $25 per month by Hurricane Electric
in SF California.

I do have a few simple conditions that needs to be met by a person that
is interested to take over 'css.nu' but details of that can ironed out
later after I see what kind of interest there is.

My primary goal is to avoid a major link rot on the www that would come
as the result of me closing down the domain.

--
Rex