|> The "history" that places 2.0, 3.0 and 3.2 in a unified sequence is
| Quite so. How sad to see history re-invented within a mere couple
It's known as Spin Control. Consider the latest agonism over Netscape
= Style sheets. In the past, Web page designers wishing to affect
In the past? HTML tags? Really? Why was that? Who invented <FONT>?
Here's the history that must not come to light:
1. Oct 13 1994 - Marc A. announces the first beta of Netscape 0.9:
2. Oct 10 1994 - Hakon Lie announces the first public draft of CSS:
That's right, folks, Cascading Style Sheets are at least *that* old.
3. Oct 14 1994 - Marc A. clarifies some time lines:
= we started the company April 4, hired the core staff in April and
Doing what, one wonders, given that stylesheets had been *the* topic
4. May 31 1994 - Dave Raggett refers everyone to the proceedings at
5. May 25-27 1994 - The First International Conference on the WWW:
During that summer, the media blitz over "Jim Clark and the Mosaic
Nope. With fanfare, flourish and folderol, <CENTER> and <FONT> came
= In the past, Web page designers wishing to affect aspects of page
Humbug? Disingenuousness? Of course not! Stylesheets are new! The
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.