HTML 5

Doug Walker

May 17, 2001, 5:56:08 PM5/17/01
Someone is trying to tell me that the spec for HTML 5 is about to be
finalized. Can someone verify this? I didn't think there was any version
5!!!

Michael

May 17, 2001, 6:04:13 PM5/17/01
I don't believe there is any work being done on HTML anymore. The next HTML
will be XHTML.

Michael

"Doug Walker" <walk...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message

Josh Poot

May 17, 2001, 6:44:22 PM5/17/01
verify for yourself at
<http://www.w3.org>

if it isn't there, it isn't there.

C. A. Upsdell

May 17, 2001, 7:28:43 PM5/17/01
"Doug Walker" <walk...@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> Someone is trying to tell me that the spec for HTML 5 is about to be
> finalized. Can someone verify this? I didn't think there was any version
> 5!!!

There will never be a HTML 5. HTML 4.0 begat HTML 4.01, which begat XHTML
1.0.

Claus Färber

May 17, 2001, 7:27:00 PM5/17/01
Doug Walker <walk...@bellsouth.net> schrieb/wrote:

> Someone is trying to tell me that the spec for HTML 5 is about to be
> finalized. Can someone verify this?

No, there will never be a HTML version 5. The successor of HTML
4.0x is XHTML 1.0 with XHTML 1.1 to be finalized soon.

Claus
--
begin Your-so-called-newsreader-is-seriously-broken
unless you can read this.