GIS Bloggers Map

Mateusz Loskot

Nov 4, 2005, 6:31:07 AM11/4/05

I've just set GIS Bloggers Map! This is a real just-for-fun project
which would spatially integrate GIS Bloggers on the Internet.

If you like this idea and you are running GIS blog then please show
your mug on the GIS Bloggers Map!

http://www.frappr.com/gisbloggers

Have a nice fun!

--
Mateusz Loskot
http://mateusz.loskot.net

Paul Cooper

Nov 4, 2005, 7:29:19 AM11/4/05
On 4 Nov 2005 03:31:07 -0800, "Mateusz Loskot" <mat...@loskot.net>
wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I've just set GIS Bloggers Map! This is a real just-for-fun project
>which would spatially integrate GIS Bloggers on the Internet.
>
>If you like this idea and you are running GIS blog then please show
>your mug on the GIS Bloggers Map!
>
>http://www.frappr.com/gisbloggers
>
>Have a nice fun!

A nice idea! However, can I suggest using a different map projection?
Mercator really isn't a very good choice when you are going as far
north or south as you do. While I am very pleased to see Antarctica so
prominent on a map, it isn't very realistic! Personally I like the
Mollweide projection for world maps.

Paul

(Keeper of the Antarctic Digital Database (www.add.scar.org))

Mateusz Loskot

Nov 4, 2005, 7:33:22 AM11/4/05

First, I'm glad you like GIS Bloggers map idea.
Second, I'm not sure what is supported by Google Maps regarding
projections.
Third, Frappr! is beta and there is a lack of some features i.e. I've
just sent suggestion to add URL text box then users will be able to put
their blog URL.
Simply, Google Maps hacker is required :-)
Cheers