HAL BARGAINS!!

Don

Mar 17, 2003, 5:04:42 PM3/17/03
Just went to Lowes and they are having a sale on HAL.

HAL BASIC $8

HAL Deluxe $17 and that INCLUDES a HAL modem, CM11A, Lamp Module.

--

Don

www.k9soa.net

Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens

As seen on HGTV and as the
Featured Home of the Month
Home Automation magazine
March 2002 issue

David Petrone

Mar 17, 2003, 10:34:43 PM3/17/03
Lowes does not carry HAL locally in Raleigh, NC. Where is the Lowes that
carries HAL?

"Don" <ky...@k9soa.net> wrote in message

Jack Edin

Mar 17, 2003, 11:21:27 PM3/17/03
My Lowes needs an Item number...

Or possibly the number under the Barcode...?

Any more info would be helpful.

I'm not sure what a HAL is!

Thankx...

Jack
:)

Rick Tinker

Mar 18, 2003, 9:54:58 AM3/18/03

I think that is because Lowes is dropping HAL.

Rick

Mark E

Mar 18, 2003, 11:51:23 AM3/18/03
That's a
big part of the product. Still a good deal for the hardware tho...."

Haven't heard that rumor. HAL just released a new version and its internet
features are much more customizable.
Advanced users and professional installers will find substantially more
horsepower in HAL Version 2.0. These users will be able to employ their own
custom programs to enable HAL to report specialized Internet information on
demand. This new feature could allow a family to ask HAL to read that day's
school lunch menu or to tell them what's playing at the local movie theatre!
This feature empowers sophisticated users to have HAL report any information
that their own programming resources can provide.

Mark 2

"Mark" <ma...@nospam.org> wrote in message
> I think it is because the HAL online service is rumored to go away.
That's a
> big part of the product. Still a good deal for the hardware tho....
>

> On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 14:54:58 GMT, Rick_...@Hotmail.NOSPAM.com (Rick
Tinker)

Brad Houser

Mar 18, 2003, 3:38:04 PM3/18/03
http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=144640-18923-HAL101B

"David Petrone" <dav...@advacon.com> wrote in message

Brad

Mar 18, 2003, 7:48:16 PM3/18/03
Item #: 144640
Model: HAL101B

My Lowes shows not available.

"Jack Edin" <ja...@logicunlimited.com> wrote in message

Lionel Mandrake

Mar 19, 2003, 1:02:17 PM3/19/03
> > "Don" <ky...@k9soa.net> wrote in message
> > > Just went to Lowes and they are having a sale on HAL.
> > >
> > > HAL BASIC $8
> > >
> > > HAL Deluxe $17 and that INCLUDES a HAL modem, CM11A, Lamp Module.

Don,

Thanks for the heads up on this. Found the deluxe unit online at Lowes
in Union City, CA (their e-commerce process is pretty sophisticated in
that it checks inventory at local stores).

17 bucks is a pretty extraordinary buy, since this product typically
lists at 235 to 270 US dollars each

Unfortunately, Northern California has only a few Lowes locations and I
was told that my purchase was the last one in stock.

I found that Lowes national customer service line had a pretty good
handle on searching inventory around the country:
1-800-44LOWES (445-6937)

LM

jimb...@yahoo.com

Mar 18, 2003, 1:38:02 PM3/18/03
I got mine at Lowes in ft.worth I called the guy said they where
60.00 I ask him to ck the computer to see if it was on sale and it
came back 16.50
I bought it and they have 12 on hand
great buy for a modem and a cma11
its a 30 .00 upgrade to v,2.0 though
lol

On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 16:51:23 GMT, "Mark E" <nos...@hotemail.com>

Mark E

Mar 20, 2003, 9:13:41 AM3/20/03
>" its a 30 .00 upgrade to v,2.0 though"

Not according to automatedliving.com

The pricing fee for this upgrade depends on what version you have.

Version 1.3.0 to 1.3.81 purchased on or after August 1, 2002 Free

Version 1.3.0 to 1.3.81 purchased before August 1, 2002 $19.95

Version 1.2.19 or earlier $39.95

Seems to me that the upgrade is free!

Mark

<jimb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

The Litsey's

Mar 21, 2003, 11:15:16 PM3/21/03
Hello all,

I live in Oklahoma and our local Lowes does not carry the item and said
they could not order it in from another store or warehouse because it did
not show in their system. Being dis-satisfied with that answer I started
looking for other Lowes stores using their store locator on their website.
Being originally from Columbus, Oho I started there and found a store with
several of the deluxe units on the shelf...correct part number and
everything. I talked to a very nice guy in the department and explained the
situation to him (you got it, I want it, can we work something out?) and
they sold it to me and shipped it out...should have in a few days. They said
they would only charge me about $10 for the shipping which I was more than
willing to pay for the time., trouble and freight.

If you are interested it is the store here is the information:

LOWE'S OF E. COLUMBUS, OH
(614) 238-2601

They left me with the impression they still had a few on the shelf as
well as some of the basic models.

Hope this helps,

Kip

<braddo...@intel.com>
> wrote:
>

>http://www.lowes.com/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=144640-18923-HAL101

David Petrone

Mar 21, 2003, 11:37:58 PM3/21/03
I was able to order the basic version via the web site when I put in a zip
code for a store that had item. Shipping was only about $5.00. If you have
a zip for a store that has the deluxe version, could you post it so we try
to get that?

Dave

"The Litsey's" <jkl...@brightok.net> wrote in message

Mark S

Mar 22, 2003, 7:15:29 AM3/22/03
On Tue, 18 Mar 2003 12:38:02 -0600, "jimb...@yahoo.com"
<jimb...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I got mine at Lowes in ft.worth I called the guy said they where
>60.00 I ask him to ck the computer to see if it was on sale and it
>came back 16.50
>I bought it and they have 12 on hand
>great buy for a modem and a cma11
>its a 30 .00 upgrade to v,2.0 though
>lol

I just picked up a copy of the Deluxe @ the Lowe's in Dekalb IL. The
upgrade to v2.0 was free.

Don

Mar 22, 2003, 10:02:12 AM3/22/03
The Lowes in south Louisville has LOTS of both Basic and Deluxe. No modem
with the Basic. Basic was $8 and the deluxe was $17. I think the zip for
the store is 40229.

I'm on my way up there for something else and will check their stock.

--

Don

www.k9soa.net

Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens

As seen on HGTV and

Featured Home in
Home Automation March 2002 issue
Kentucky Living May 2003 issue

"Mark S" <schm...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message

The Litsey's

Mar 22, 2003, 10:23:00 AM3/22/03
Hello all,

The zip code for that particular Lowes I spoke of in my e-mail is 43213.

Thanks,

Kip

Chuck

Mar 22, 2003, 12:07:21 PM3/22/03
Interesting... I checked a number of stores across the country (random zip
codes). A number of the stores had the deluxe version in stock, but it was
only available for store pickup or store delivery. Most of those stores also
had the basic version in stock. Interestingly, when you put the basic
version in your cart, it gave you the option for postal delivery. I never
could find a store that offered postal delivery for the deluxe version,
however :(

My guess is that they have a bunch of the basic version in their central
warehouse and can ship it from there. They are probably just about out of
the deluxe version.

"The Litsey's" <jkl...@brightok.net> wrote in message

Don

Mar 22, 2003, 2:24:31 PM3/22/03
The Lowes in south Louisville has 4 Deluxe and about 20 Basic. They really
sold a bunch in the last few days. They had almost two full shelves of the
Deluxe.

Steve Kallestad

Mar 23, 2003, 4:13:58 AM3/23/03
Lowes in Anaheim, CA also has them.

$22 is a good price on the hardware alone - even without the modem...

The picture has the modem, the powerline interface and a lamp module.

The powerline interface looks like a cm11a.

"Don" <ky...@k9soa.net> wrote in message

Steve Kallestad

Mar 23, 2003, 4:19:20 PM3/23/03
Can anyone who has already received/picked up the Hal Deluxe confirm that it
includes a modem? I'm afraid after the long drive, I'm going to find out
it's a software-only package.

Thanks,
Steve

"Steve Kallestad" <ste...@nospamremedydevelopers.com> wrote in message

Lionel Mandrake

Mar 24, 2003, 10:39:45 AM3/24/03
In article <sxpfa.193129$L1.32113@sccrnsc02>,
"Steve Kallestad" <ste...@nospamremedydevelopers.com> wrote:

> Can anyone who has already received/picked up the Hal Deluxe confirm that it
> includes a modem? I'm afraid after the long drive, I'm going to find out
> it's a software-only package.

It's the real deal.

The "HalDeluxe" package I purchased for $16.99 includes a CM11-A, lamp
module, interface cable, modem board, phone cord and the software on a
CD.

The "modem" is an INTERNAL PCI card with two rj-11 jacks, and also has
phone jacks for mic and speaker.

Worth actually building a PC (instead of a Mac)....

LM

Don

Mar 24, 2003, 11:53:09 AM3/24/03
The description on the package for the Deluxe version states

"INCLUDES HAL Deluxe CD, Powerline Adapter (CM11A), Cable, Lamp Module,
HAL Voice Modem.

Have one in my hand right now.

Don

www.k9soa.net

Home of JEANNIE
The House That Listens

As seen on HGTV and
Featured Home in
Home Automation March 2002 issue
Kentucky Living May 2003 issue

"Steve Kallestad" <ste...@nospamremedydevelopers.com> wrote in message

Charles

Mar 24, 2003, 1:42:25 PM3/24/03
On Sun, 23 Mar 2003 16:19:20 -0500, Steve Kallestad wrote:

> Can anyone who has already received/picked up the Hal Deluxe confirm
> that it includes a modem? I'm afraid after the long drive, I'm going to
> find out it's a software-only package.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

The one I got seems to be different. It's not marked "Deluxe" but HAL
2000. It has the CM11A, Lamp Module, and cable, but no modem. Except for
the software CD (which seesm to be their high-end HAL 2000 software) it's
the same as their "Basic" package.

COneilliv

Mar 24, 2003, 8:53:21 PM3/24/03
Which store did you get that from? Was it the same price as the Deluxe model?

Thanks,
CJ

Charles

Mar 24, 2003, 11:59:08 PM3/24/03

This was in North Carolina. $16.50 It was marked "Deluxe" on the shelf
tag and not until I got home did I realize it wasn't the same beast as what
the folks on the newsgroup were talking about. Other than the HAL Basic
kits, I didn't see any other boxes which looked different.

COneilliv

Mar 25, 2003, 8:40:46 AM3/25/03
I'm in NC too. Which store? Also, I have a couple extra of the deluxe
models.. would you want to trade?

Thanks,
CJ

Don

Mar 25, 2003, 8:52:44 AM3/25/03
Yes the 2000 is the top of the line and does not contain the modem. The
best way to get the modem is to buy a Deluxe version at Lowes. The
standalone modem price is around $50.

There was a 3000 mentioned a couple of years ago aimed for the pro install
but don't know what happened with it.

David Petrone

Mar 25, 2003, 10:24:54 AM3/25/03

> This was in North Carolina. $16.50 It was marked "Deluxe" on the shelf
> tag and not until I got home did I realize it wasn't the same beast as
what
> the folks on the newsgroup were talking about. Other than the HAL Basic
> kits, I didn't see any other boxes which looked different.

Where in NC? HAL isn't available at all in the Raleigh area.

Charles

Mar 25, 2003, 11:22:55 AM3/25/03

This was at the Lowe's in Kernersville (west of Greensboro).

COneilliv

Mar 25, 2003, 11:41:51 AM3/25/03
I know the Concord location still has some basic and deluxe models.

CJ

Lou Harrison

Mar 25, 2003, 3:20:34 PM3/25/03
In article <Hp_fa.7789$zL....@fe05.atl2.webusenet.com>,

When I left, the Lowes in Cary still had one Deluxe and 3 or 4 basics
left. They're in the cage up by the checkout. That was a couple days
ago.

Don

Mar 27, 2003, 8:59:04 AM3/27/03
If you got the 2000 version of the software for the sale price of the
Deluxe, you REALLY got a bargain even without the modem. 2000 is the FULL
FEATURED version while the Deluxe is a little reduced version. You can
still go back and get a Deluxe version just for the modem and still have a
bargain.

--

"prc1" <pr...@large.com> wrote in message
> You got lucky. Wish I had gotten the 2000 version. I bought two, and
> both were Deluxes.

> ** To respond, remove the crap from my email address **

Mark E

Mar 28, 2003, 9:57:25 AM3/28/03
They are going for as low as $25 on Ebay now

"Don" <ky...@k9soa.net> wrote in message

> Just went to Lowes and they are having a sale on HAL.
>
> HAL BASIC $8
>
> HAL Deluxe $17 and that INCLUDES a HAL modem, CM11A, Lamp Module.
>

> --
>
> Don
>
> www.k9soa.net
>
> Home of JEANNIE
> The House That Listens

COneilliv

Mar 28, 2003, 10:23:16 PM3/28/03
How is that a ripoff? Have you notified automated home living (the
manufacturers of HAL) that their price of $239 is a ripoff? It is simple
supply and demand.

CJ

PS- are you sure that there are still some Home Depots with them left?

>Which is a ripoff. I notified a few of the bidders, so we'll see what the
>auctions close at.

Charles

Mar 29, 2003, 12:49:47 PM3/29/03
On Sat, 29 Mar 2003 07:32:04 -0500, prc1 wrote:

> Would you be kind enough to post the SKU (stock number) from your
> receipt? I'm trying to find a HAL 2000 at Lowes, and without that
> number they look at me like I'm from Mars...

They were listed on the shelf label, on the store web inventory, and on
the receipt not as the HAL 2000 but as the HAL Deluxe (#144640) - you'd
have to have someone check the actual box on the shelf. AFAIK, most
stores actually had the HAL Deluxe (HAL101B) - it was just this
particular store (whose inventory no longer shows it).

jimb...@yahoo.com

Mar 30, 2003, 5:11:01 PM3/30/03
the only thing in that box worth 16.50 is the cm11a
the haldeluxe is a locking up POS
I have not got it to run with out locking up, it won't answer the
phone without locking up and the inhouse phone commands lock up to but
for 16.50 I'll keep the cm11a as a spare to run Homeseer
lol

COneilliv

Apr 1, 2003, 12:02:04 AM4/1/03
How about the modem? Think that's worth a little since it will also work with
Homeseer.

CJ

jimb...@yahoo.com

Mar 31, 2003, 1:31:43 PM3/31/03
I cannot get it work with HS. I tried all I know.
I tried internal calls
I tried externals calls
It wouldn't answer the phone and the internals wouldn't answer either.
the only drivers that would load were HAL's , HS driver wouldn't find
the modem.
i readed till my eyes bleeded and found some comments on HS forum and
there are guys who got it to work and guys who couldn't get it to work
either, so I fall into the later bracket.
I ordered a HS pci modem ,yesterday

John

Apr 4, 2003, 12:36:48 PM4/4/03
Is HAL and Homeseer integratable, can they be used together?
Thanks! John

<jimb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

John

Apr 8, 2003, 2:19:43 PM4/8/03
Does anyone know what version the Deluxe is shipping with on these Lowes
specials?
Thanks...John

BruceR

Apr 8, 2003, 4:13:04 PM4/8/03
I had one sent to me from the Burbank CA store. It's version 1.3.23. I
installed and registered it and then went to the upgrade page and got a
free upgrade to version 2.

"John" <jonjo...@TAKETHISOUTmail.utexas.edu> wrote in message

John

Apr 8, 2003, 4:34:54 PM4/8/03
Hey Bruce,
What qualifies you for the upgrade? Do you have to have a retail reciept or
anything like that??
Thanks! John

"BruceR" <bru...@SPAMwhoever.com> wrote in message

BruceR

Apr 8, 2003, 4:44:41 PM4/8/03
No receipt needed. They go by the registration date of your software.
When you do the install of the 1.3.23 you are taken to a registration
page. Once completed you can go the website and fill in the online
upgrade application. They'll then email you a new reg code for the v2
installation. The v2 s/w and manual is available for d/l from their
site.
To save time and knowing that I'd be upgrading immediately, I installed
1.3.23 without anything enabled. I just checked "enable later" for
everything. Once the registration was done and I got the upgrade, I just
removed the old version completely.

"John" <jonjo...@TAKETHISOUTmail.utexas.edu> wrote in message

John

Apr 8, 2003, 4:47:49 PM4/8/03
Great news..
Thanks for the info Bruce!!!
John

"BruceR" <bru...@SPAMwhoever.com> wrote in message

Rick Tinker

Apr 9, 2003, 9:24:37 AM4/9/03
Sorry you could not get it to work.

I am suspicious that you may have gotten a bad HAL modem. Yesterday I moved
my HAL modem into a PC with HomeSeer, installed the HAL driver when prompted
so that it appears as "HAL HCF V.90 PCI Voice Portal VP100PCI", got the latest
version of HomeSeer Phone 2.0 Beta installed, and it worked like a champ.

You might want to check with HAL about a replacement.

Rick