Lotus ScreenCam?

Chris Chalmers

Dec 28, 1993, 6:37:28 PM12/28/93
Is anyone aware of a multimedia player made by Lotus called "Screencam?" I've
searched the Lotus BBS, the archive server nda.com:/pub/lotus-notes, and
CompuServe's Lotus forums, and discovered nothing.

I apologize if this question isn't appropriate to this forum. At least it's
brief!

--Chris Chalmers
ch...@highland.com

Richard H. Schwartz

Dec 29, 1993, 12:48:05 AM12/29/93
chris@colornext (Chris Chalmers) writes:

>Is anyone aware of a multimedia player made by Lotus called "Screencam?" I've
>searched the Lotus BBS, the archive server nda.com:/pub/lotus-notes, and
>CompuServe's Lotus forums, and discovered nothing.

It's a beta product now. It was shown at Lotusphere, and beta copies were
made available to conference attendees.

It isn't multimedia. It records an animated screen image and voice, and
bundles it into an executable that someone can play back without having to
load any special software (except for their sound card driver :-). It is
perfect for recording a brief demo for a "how-to" lesson on any Windows app
that can easily be distributed by email. E.g., the recipient sees an image
of the sender's screen, sees the mouse movements, pull-downs, dialogs, etc.
exactly as the sender saw them, and hears the sender's voice describing
all the actions. Obviously, it can also be used for voice annotation of
anything that can be displayed on the screen -- but the annotation is
stored in the ScreenCam output, not with the original.

-rich

|RHS Consulting | Richard H. Schwartz, Proprietor r...@bear.rhs.com |
|12 Lacy Lane |--------------------------------------------------------|
|Nashua, NH 03062 | Systems Integration & Software Development |
|------------------| Specializing in Groupware and Networking |
| (603) 886-1579 | Ask me about Lotus Notes(R)! |
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Foo Say How

Dec 31, 1993, 12:41:10 PM12/31/93
Richard H. Schwartz (r...@bear.rhs.com) wrote:
: chris@colornext (Chris Chalmers) writes:

: >Is anyone aware of a multimedia player made by Lotus called "Screencam?" I've
: >searched the Lotus BBS, the archive server nda.com:/pub/lotus-notes, and
: >CompuServe's Lotus forums, and discovered nothing.

Lotus demo the SCREENCAM as part of its Lotus Notes to Government
Servants in Singapore. It is a perfect product to add to the already
excellent demo/tutorial that accompany its Lotus Improv and Lotus 123 Rel 4.

In fact one of the presenter use it to do the presentation that day.
This and other products under design has placed Lotus well in its contest
with MicroSoft in the dominance of the GUI market.

FOO SAYHOW
Singapore

: It's a beta product now. It was shown at Lotusphere, and beta copies were

Bradpochs

Mar 20, 1994, 7:26:01 PM3/20/94
It's a fantastic product. I'm currently using it for all sorts of training in
our firm. We have a client that uses a DOS based Time & Billing system, that
they run under Windows. I've been able to use it to allow the users to see
exactly what theymust do to carry out a specific command. I'm sure that it will
advance beyond it's very simple current design, allowing for much better
integration with things like help files, etc.