Alien Skin, KPT Bryse

Hart

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Im in serious need of these programs.(for PC) If you can help I have
some things to trade. I have no MONEY.......

Federico Mena

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

> Im in serious need of these programs.(for PC) If you can help I have
> some things to trade. I have no MONEY.......

All of the effects in Alien Skin can be accomplished manually using
some simple channel operations. And all the stuff in Bryce can be
done, perhaps slower but with much better quality using POV-Ray (which
is freeware).

Quartic

Todd Morman

Oct 24, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/24/96

Federico Mena wrote:

> All of the effects in Alien Skin can be accomplished manually using
> some simple channel operations.

For some value of "simple", that is. We've always been clear that all
ten of the filters in The Black Box create effects that can be done
manually in Photoshop, if you have the time and inclination to learn the
recipes for them. Some are more easily managed than others, though; I
think it would be an exaggeration to say that our Glass and Swirl
filters, for instance, are "simple" to accomplish manually.

Experienced PS users tell us The Black Box quickly saves them in time
what they paid for it, and novice PS users tell us they love the way it
provides an easy, friendly way for them to do fairly complex special
effects with little or no learning curve. YMMV, but probably not too
much. :)

Oh, and Hart: you can get a pretty substantial academic discount through
our educational distributor, if you're at all affiliated with a school
or university; just get in touch with us and we'll see what we can do to
get you a copy of The Black Box cheaply.

Best regards,

Todd Morman
Alien Skin Software
v:(919) 832-4124
f:(919) 832-4065
http://www.alienskin.com/alienskin

wergild

Oct 25, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/25/96

>For some value of "simple", that is. We've always been clear that all
>ten of the filters in The Black Box create effects that can be done
>manually in Photoshop, if you have the time and inclination to learn the

>recipes for them. Some are more easily managed than others, though; I
>think it would be an exaggeration to say that our Glass and Swirl
>filters, for instance, are "simple" to accomplish manually.

no joke - thanks for this great set of filters that i dont' think anyone
could
live without!

wergild

Simon Windmill

Oct 28, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/28/96

> > Im in serious need of these programs.(for PC) If you can help I have
> > some things to trade. I have no MONEY.......
>

> All of the effects in Alien Skin can be accomplished manually using

> some simple channel operations. And all the stuff in Bryce can be
> done, perhaps slower but with much better quality using POV-Ray (which
> is freeware).

..and if you have no money, then you have a slow machine, and Bryce would
absolutely horrible on it..

What, you just bought a screaming machine? Then surely you should be able
to afford the software too..

Bottom line is: don't bother trying to find these "appz", do it yourself,
the results will probably be better.

Si.
windmill fraser multimedia - http://www.wfmm.com/
Tech: si...@wfmm.com Business: a...@wfmm.com General: off...@wfmm.com

Bob Driskell

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Amen my son

"Should one unhitch his cart before or after passing by the horses?"
Bob Driskell@ http://www.driskell.interworld.net
Home of Digital Alchemy

n...@home.com

Nov 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/5/96