OT: plane crashed into World Trade Center in NYC

Bill Schnakenberg

Sep 11, 2001, 8:52:22 AM9/11/01
A small plane just crashed into the WTC
See it on CNN

--
Bill - PSP and Media Center Plus Private Beta Tester
PSP Terrorist - D'Lanok de Caresk chapter - Anti-Troll Unit 235
"If you're not making waves, you're not underway!"
The new Paint Shop Pro 7 Style Palette:
http://www.frontiernet.net/~willshak/style_palette/
The USS Salem, CA-139. The World's only preserved Heavy Cruiser
http://www.frontiernet.net/~willshak/salem/

Bill Schnakenberg

Sep 11, 2001, 9:08:24 AM9/11/01
Bill Schnakenberg wrote:

> A small plane just crashed into the WTC
> See it on CNN

Initial reports said a small plane. Now they're saying it was a 737.
Another plane just crashed into the second building. It looks like a
suicide terrorist act.

Michelle

Sep 11, 2001, 9:41:14 AM9/11/01
>Subject: OT: plane crashed into World Trade Center in NYC
>From: Bill Schnakenberg will...@frontiernet.net
>Date: 09/11/2001 8:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time

>A small plane just crashed into the WTC
>See it on CNN

I'm watching it now Bill. I still can't believe this is happening. My friends
father worked in the building when it was bombed and I'm not sure if he's
retired since then. I hope so. I still can't believe I'm seeing this on TV.
Its surreal :(

Michelle ;-)

Paint Shop Pro & More!
http://members.aol.com/Mish234/index.html
Original tubes, links to PSP sites, fonts, clip art, wavs and other fun stuff!

Nanette

Sep 11, 2001, 9:46:34 AM9/11/01
Pentagon is on fire

--
Nanette
nan...@nanettes-place.com

"Michelle" <mis...@aol.comical> wrote in message

Susanne Hackbarth

Sep 11, 2001, 10:03:41 AM9/11/01
"Bill Schnakenberg" <will...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message

> A small plane just crashed into the WTC
> See it on CNN

I had been watching Channel 5 out of NY when they announced a 3rd plane was
reported on it's way somewhere? They didn't know where then all of a sudden
the Pentagon was attacked. Let's pray that was the 3rd plane and there are
no more!

Susanne in So. California

Karen Rodgers

Sep 11, 2001, 10:20:54 AM9/11/01

No such luck, it was the Pentagon.

Karen Rodgers

**********
Windbourne, folk singers of the future
http://www.windbourne.com/
please remove "rice_" to contact me
**********

Nightingail

Sep 11, 2001, 10:25:12 AM9/11/01
We're watching it here also, basically in shock. All I can think right
now is - prayers to all involved..

Gail

Sally Beacham

Sep 11, 2001, 10:50:26 AM9/11/01
car bombing now, on Capital Hill.

Another large plane just crashed in Western PA, don't know if it's
related...

Please, no more.

"Karen Rodgers" <krodgers@rice_home.com> wrote in message

baseb...@hotmail.com

Sep 11, 2001, 10:57:09 AM9/11/01
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:20:54 GMT, krodgers@rice_home.com (Karen
Rodgers) wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:03:41 GMT, "Susanne Hackbarth"
><susa...@mediaone.net> wrote:
>
>>"Bill Schnakenberg" <will...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
>>> A small plane just crashed into the WTC
>>> See it on CNN
>>>
>>I had been watching Channel 5 out of NY when they announced a 3rd plane was
>>reported on it's way somewhere? They didn't know where then all of a sudden
>>the Pentagon was attacked. Let's pray that was the 3rd plane and there are
>>no more!
>
>No such luck, it was the Pentagon.

I live about five miles from the Pantagon and my wide works in DC,
just a few blocks from the Capitol. Now, she has to get home and she
normally takes the subway to the Pentagon and a bus from there. I'll
be surprised if she gets home in under two hours.
co

baseb...@hotmail.com

Jeanne Brynie

Sep 11, 2001, 11:16:08 AM9/11/01
I imagine all cities are mobilizing, as they should after such a devastating
series of events. San Antonio city dept heads all present at emergency
operations center, special mass at noon at the cathedral, air base closed, no
flights out as in the whole country.....everyone in the whole country and for
that matter the entire world is affected by this one.

"*^*" Jeanne "*^*"

Fugitive

Sep 11, 2001, 11:39:15 AM9/11/01
I heard it was a 767. One of the towers collapsed. All planes in US
grounded. They said there are 10,000 people in each building. This is
a hundred times worse that Oklahoma City.

On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 08:52:22 -0400, Bill Schnakenberg
<will...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>A small plane just crashed into the WTC
>See it on CNN

Puget Sound photos http://www.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s=jasc&a=1134556&u=1487314

http://www.photoloft.com/view/Album.asp?s=jasc&a=1061143&u=1487314

Ronald Vick

Sep 11, 2001, 9:14:28 AM9/11/01

Looks like a deliberate act when TWO planes fly into a building..
This could start a war.

Ron

baseb...@hotmail.com

Sep 11, 2001, 12:11:45 PM9/11/01
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:57:09 GMT, baseb...@hotmail.com wrote:

> and my wide works in DC,

She probably wouldn't appreciate that typo :). Not that she is.
Cliff
baseb...@hotmail.com

Fugitive

Sep 11, 2001, 12:16:30 PM9/11/01
It's the second Pearl Harbor

<will...@frontiernet.net> wrote:

>A small plane just crashed into the WTC
>See it on CNN

Tvveets

Sep 11, 2001, 12:42:52 PM9/11/01
Both towers collapsed. . .I received word that my daughter who was in the
area is ok, still waiting to hear about sister-in-law who works for United.
She was enroute to Newark and got re-routed to Philly. She's alive. .
.landed and stranded. Still haven't heard squat about other friends who
work in the area of the Trade Center : (. . .may God be with us all.
My heart goes out to all families involved.
"Fugitive" <gregfar...@earthlink.net> wrote in message

trev

Sep 11, 2001, 12:43:21 PM9/11/01

"Bill Schnakenberg" <will...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> A small plane just crashed into the WTC
> See it on CNN

I have been watching this on UK tv. Its quiet un believable. My sympathies
to your Nation

Matt

Sep 11, 2001, 12:53:30 PM9/11/01

"Bill Schnakenberg" <will...@frontiernet.net> wrote in message
> A small plane just crashed into the WTC
> See it on CNN

I turned on CNN and thought I was watching something from a movie. :(

Nuke the basturds that did this.

--
Matt

Sally Beacham

Sep 11, 2001, 1:05:55 PM9/11/01

"Matt" <write...@hotmail.spam> wrote in message

Hey Matt,

As sad, shocked, dismayed, frightened and outraged as we all must be -
two wrongs still don't make a right. Innocent people die in acts of mass
destruction. Let's be calm and seek justice, not retribution.

Sally

p.s. The bastards could be us.

Fugitive

Sep 11, 2001, 1:26:46 PM9/11/01
This is not supposed to happen to us. It is worse that Pearl Harbor,
and you know what that started. There are many thousands in those
buildings. Pray for us

Ronald Vick

Sep 11, 2001, 1:10:12 PM9/11/01

Just as long as she gets home safely.

Ron

Birmingham Bob

Sep 11, 2001, 1:28:42 PM9/11/01

> I heard it was a 767. One of the towers collapsed. All planes in US
> grounded. They said there are 10,000 people in each building. This is
> a hundred times worse that Oklahoma City.

Both towers have now collapsed. Reports say 50,000 people worked in the two
buildings. It's not sure how many were able to evacuate.

A third passenger plane hit the Pentagon, destroying two floors in the south
west wing.

A fourth plane crashed in Pennsylvania, it was also reported as hijacked.
Some speculation it was shot down but no one is sure.

Two were American flights, two United, all bound for California. (3 LAX and
1 San Francisco). LAX has been ordered closed. Approximately 225 folks were
on board the four planes.

Likewise, the Capital and White House and other official government
buildings have all been closed and evacuated in Washington, DC. All area
museums have also been closed.

A major gas leak at the site of the trade center collapse is now causing a
major threat. The lower half of Manhattan has been ordered evacuated.

Birmingham Bob

Alan Palmer

Sep 11, 2001, 1:49:56 PM9/11/01
My prayers go to all those affected by these tragedies. Here in the UK we
are not unused to terrorist atrocities, but thankfully not on such a scale.

--
Alan Palmer
http://www.greenwich-guide.org.uk

"Birmingham Bob" <n4...@arrl.net> wrote in message

baseb...@hotmail.com

Sep 11, 2001, 2:08:20 PM9/11/01
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:10:12 GMT, Ronald Vick <Ron...@cfl.rr.com>
wrote:

>>I live about five miles from the Pantagon and my wide works in DC,
>>just a few blocks from the Capitol. Now, she has to get home and she
>>normally takes the subway to the Pentagon and a bus from there. I'll
>>be surprised if she gets home in under two hours.
>>co
>>
>>baseb...@hotmail.com
>
>Just as long as she gets home safely.

Thank you, Ron, I'm sure she will, but I grossly underestimated the
time it will take. I figured she'd just take the northern subway line
into Virginia, but I neglected to take into account that that line has
to go through the Pentagon to get to our area.
Cliff
baseb...@hotmail.com

baseb...@hotmail.com

Sep 11, 2001, 2:36:58 PM9/11/01
On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 18:08:20 GMT, baseb...@hotmail.com wrote:

>On Tue, 11 Sep 2001 17:10:12 GMT, Ronald Vick <Ron...@cfl.rr.com>
>wrote:

>>Just as long as she gets home safely.

>Thank you, Ron, I'm sure she will, but I grossly underestimated the
>time it will take. I figured she'd just take the northern subway line
>into Virginia, but I neglected to take into account that that line has
>to go through the Pentagon to get to our area.

She got home, safe and sound. It took four hours (20 minutes to
drive)--subway to bus to subway to bus. Now, I've got to go see
whether there is anything left in the grocery store (or whether
everyone is stockpiling goods in panic)--today being shopping day.

Thanks to everyone who enquired,

------
Cliff
baseb...@hotmail.com

Susanne Hackbarth

Sep 11, 2001, 2:51:22 PM9/11/01
> She got home, safe and sound. It took four hours (20 minutes to
> drive)--subway to bus to subway to bus. Now, I've got to go see
> whether there is anything left in the grocery store (or whether
> everyone is stockpiling goods in panic)--today being shopping day.
>
> Thanks to everyone who enquired,

Cliff, happy to hear your wife is home.

Susanne

Bill Schnakenberg

Sep 11, 2001, 3:14:00 PM9/11/01
Birmingham Bob wrote:

> "Fugitive" <gregfar...@earthlink.net> wrote in message
> > I heard it was a 767. One of the towers collapsed. All planes in US
> > grounded. They said there are 10,000 people in each building. This is
> > a hundred times worse that Oklahoma City.
>
> Both towers have now collapsed. Reports say 50,000 people worked in the two
> buildings. It's not sure how many were able to evacuate.
>
> A third passenger plane hit the Pentagon, destroying two floors in the south
> west wing.
>
> A fourth plane crashed in Pennsylvania, it was also reported as hijacked.
> Some speculation it was shot down but no one is sure.
>
> Two were American flights, two United, all bound for California. (3 LAX and
> 1 San Francisco). LAX has been ordered closed. Approximately 225 folks were
> on board the four planes.

They picked planes that had the most fuel on board to do the most
damage.

> Likewise, the Capital and White House and other official government
> buildings have all been closed and evacuated in Washington, DC. All area
> museums have also been closed.
>
> A major gas leak at the site of the trade center collapse is now causing a
> major threat. The lower half of Manhattan has been ordered evacuated.
>
> Birmingham Bob

Mike

Sep 11, 2001, 3:29:58 PM9/11/01
Fugitive <gregfar...@earthlink.net> wrote in
Pearl Harbor was a Military Strike, albeit a terrorist like one. We will
mett out retribution, Bush can't afford to look weak, but it won't be a war
against a nation, unless it was SoDamn Insane over in Iraq.

We've struck back at terroists several times with out going to war with a
nation.

Angela M. Cable

Sep 11, 2001, 3:56:01 PM9/11/01
Sally Beacham wrote:

> Hey Matt,
>
> As sad, shocked, dismayed, frightened and outraged as we all must be -
> two wrongs still don't make a right. Innocent people die in acts of mass
> destruction. Let's be calm and seek justice, not retribution.

You're thinking that this is an act of terrorism...it's not, it's an act
of war...new rules. The Taliban has been covering bin Laden's ass for
far too long, the entire world has been putting up with that psycho
Saddam for years. When the FBI figures out who did it, we need to bomb
them, quickly and without notice, doing nothing simply invites further
attacks, we have a right to defend the safety of our citizens.
Personally, I think the FBI all ready knows who's responsible, what the
news is reporting as both the cell phone call from the woman in the
lavatory and the call made by the American airlines flight attendant
can't possibly be complete.

> p.s. The bastards could be us.

I'd be pretty surprised if it turned out to be some redneck neo-nazi
group, you'd need a minimum of four suicidal psychos with the ability to
pilot a commercial airliner, I'd guess that you'd actually send more
like eight, four groups of two pairs. You'd want a back-up pilot in the
event that somebody on the plane cowboyed up and managed to take out one
of the psychos. Even McVeigh wasn't committed enough to his "cause" to
die in the explosion and he only managed to rustle up one other
conspirator. One in each group would have *had* to have something like
a Glock either on their person or in their carry on, in the unlikely
chance that the minimum-wage person running the x-ray machine actually
noticed the gun, the second of the pair could report back that they'd
been discovered. I would bet real money that there were at least two
more "teams" ready to board at different airports in the event that one
group got discovered. This is much too sophisticated an operation for
your garden-variety nut.

Just heard on the news, they're calling for type O and anybody who's Rh
negative...if you know your blood type, call up the local Red Cross and
see if they're taking donations yet. I'm A-, gotta find my phone book
in this mess :-)

--
Angela M. Cable
http://www.neocognition.com

PSP Tutorial Links:
http://www.geocities.com/Heartland/Plains/9871/PSPlinks.html
5th Street Studio, free graphics, websets and more:
http://www.fortunecity.com/westwood/alaia/354/
BladePro Visual Archive:
http://www.crosswinds.net/~angeal/

Fugitive

Sep 11, 2001, 5:01:15 PM9/11/01
Can you imagine the paybacks, that could start as early as tonight.
You can't do something like this and hope to get by with it. There is
going to be hell to pay. I was just thinkin the other day that we were
luckyer than Israel because we don't have all those bombers. I am very
sad with this. You know if they can do this, they can get a nuke into
NYC too.

greg

Greg Kamer

Sep 11, 2001, 5:17:53 PM9/11/01

> I'd be pretty surprised if it turned out to be some redneck neo-nazi
> group, you'd need a minimum of four suicidal psychos with the ability to
> pilot a commercial airliner, I'd guess that you'd actually send more
> like eight, four groups of two pairs. You'd want a back-up pilot in the
> event that somebody on the plane cowboyed up and managed to take out one
> of the psychos. Even McVeigh wasn't committed enough to his "cause" to
> die in the explosion and he only managed to rustle up one other
> conspirator. One in each group would have *had* to have something like
> a Glock either on their person or in their carry on, in the unlikely
> chance that the minimum-wage person running the x-ray machine actually
> noticed the gun, the second of the pair could report back that they'd
> been discovered. I would bet real money that there were at least two
> more "teams" ready to board at different airports in the event that one
> group got discovered. This is much too sophisticated an operation for
> your garden-variety nut.

I agree.... None of our home grown neo-nazi militia nutcases have the
dedication to take themselves out along with their targets...

This was some middle eastern terrorists. bin Laden is the one that pops into
my mind as being carzy enough to go these lenghts.

What surprises me is our intell community claims to have had no knowledge
beforehand that something like this was in the works....

I'm also wondering about the airlines that were chosen. American and United?
I wonder if there is not some symbolisim in their names alone?

Mike

Sep 11, 2001, 5:34:42 PM9/11/01

> Can you imagine the paybacks, that could start as early as tonight.
> You can't do something like this and hope to get by with it. There is
> going to be hell to pay. I was just thinkin the other day that we were
> luckyer than Israel because we don't have all those bombers. I am very
> sad with this. You know if they can do this, they can get a nuke into
> NYC too.

We're not as nice as Israel is either. Yes Israel strikes back, but not to
the degree that we do. If Israel struck back at their attackers like we do,
then the incidents over there wouldn't be as close.

Matt

Sep 11, 2001, 7:16:52 PM9/11/01
> Hey Matt,
>
> As sad, shocked, dismayed, frightened and outraged as we all must be -
> two wrongs still don't make a right. Innocent people die in acts of mass
> destruction. Let's be calm and seek justice, not retribution.

I know two wrongs don't make a right, but these people don't understand
anything but force(and yes nuke is overkill). And like Angela said this
getting to be more than just 'simple' terrorism.

Birmingham Bob

Sep 12, 2001, 10:33:56 AM9/12/01

"Greg Kamer" <n...@spam.invalid.com> wrote in message

> This was some middle eastern terrorists. bin Laden is the one that pops
into
> my mind as being carzy enough to go these lenghts.

FBI/CIA is moving quickly. Reports on Fox/Cnn say they hijackers were all
arabic. Vehicles sized in the parking lots of the airports show islamic
writings, airlines manuals written in islamic, and one even had a pic of Bin
Lauden.

Shortly after the incidents, the NSA intercepted cell phone calls between
known Bin Lauden supporters congratulating each other on the days work.

It's looking more and more like Bin Lauden is the AIQ.

> What surprises me is our intell community claims to have had no knowledge
> beforehand that something like this was in the works....

Reports say they had indications something big was going to happen, but
that's the most specific thing I've heard on that matter so far.

> I'm also wondering about the airlines that were chosen. American and
United?
> I wonder if there is not some symbolisim in their names alone?

Very well could be, haven't heard that angle before.

Kris Zaklika

Sep 12, 2001, 10:48:39 AM9/12/01
Birmingham Bob wrote:

> "Greg Kamer" <n...@spam.invalid.com> wrote in message
> > This was some middle eastern terrorists. bin Laden is the one that pops
> into
> > my mind as being carzy enough to go these lenghts.
>
> FBI/CIA is moving quickly. Reports on Fox/Cnn say they hijackers were all
> arabic. Vehicles sized in the parking lots of the airports show islamic
> writings, airlines manuals written in islamic, and one even had a pic of Bin
> Lauden.

I don't think there is an "islamic" language. Islam is a
religion. Arabic is a language - that of the Koran - perhaps
this is what you mean.

> Shortly after the incidents, the NSA intercepted cell phone calls between
> known Bin Lauden supporters congratulating each other on the days work.
>
> It's looking more and more like Bin Lauden is the AIQ.
>
> > What surprises me is our intell community claims to have had no knowledge
> > beforehand that something like this was in the works....
>
> Reports say they had indications something big was going to happen, but
> that's the most specific thing I've heard on that matter so far.
>
> > I'm also wondering about the airlines that were chosen. American and
> United?
> > I wonder if there is not some symbolisim in their names alone?
>
> Very well could be, haven't heard that angle before.

Kris Zaklika Jasc Software, Inc. The
Product Ideas: id...@jasc.com Power
Customer Service: customer...@jasc.com To
Technical Support: tec...@jasc.com Create

Beth Winter

Sep 12, 2001, 6:22:44 PM9/12/01
I spent the last ten days in a backwater mountain region. There was
one public-accessible TV set in a bar 3 kilometers away; we didn't
even have one at the center we were staying in.

Yesterday I came down for dinner and heard the news on the radio.
Then almost all of us (approximately 100 people) made the trek to
the bar, in streams of rain. We sat in silence and watched the
towers collapse. They replayed that shot over and over again.

My prayers are with the victims and people of New York and DC. In
those first moments, I prayed hardest that all of you, everyone
I've known here and elsewhere on the net over the last six years,
were alright. I still hope so.

--
Beth Winter, PSP terrorist - New Millenium Division
The Discworld Compendium <http://go.to/thediscworldcompendium>

Birmingham Bob

Sep 14, 2001, 8:43:28 AM9/14/01

"Kris Zaklika" <kzak...@jasc.com> wrote in message

> > FBI/CIA is moving quickly. Reports on Fox/Cnn say they hijackers were
all
> > arabic. Vehicles sized in the parking lots of the airports show islamic
> > writings, airlines manuals written in islamic, and one even had a pic of
Bin
> > Lauden.
>
> I don't think there is an "islamic" language. Islam is a
> religion. Arabic is a language - that of the Koran - perhaps
> this is what you mean.

I was typing rather quickly at the time, basically repeating what I heard on
TV/Radio. When they said Islamic writings, I assumed they meant writings
about Islam.

Birmingham Bob

Moses

Jun 1, 2011, 9:56:51 PM6/1/11
to will...@frontiernet.net
Bin Laden's death is a relief for 9/11 victim's kin~