impossible gnuplot graphs

Message has been deleted

Zoltan

Sep 15, 2009, 5:39:26 PM9/15/09
Dear All,

Some of you might have noticed that I have been writing a blog under
http://gnuplot-tricks.blogspot.com on various gnuplot-related tricks,
mainly on how to produce those graphs that are not documented in the
official manual. (Or anywhere else, for that matter.) Since a blog is
perhaps not the best platform (at least, in
the long run), I have compiled the graphs that I judged to be most
useful/uncommon/surprising etc., and put them into a consistent
document. If you would like to see the refutation of quite frequent
claims like "gnuplot cannot generate pie charts", or "it is impossible
to make a bar graph/wall chart with gnuplot" and so on, you could
check the web page at http://www.phyast.pitt.edu/~zov1/gnuplot/gnuplot.html
, and read about how you can produce a 3D exploded pie chart, a decent
wall chart, some fancy plots and so on.
All code is thoroughly documented, and most of the things are done
without the use of any external script.

I would like to hope that many of you will find useful tricks, and I
would also be interested in your feedback, which you should leave on
my blog, or perhaps, here. I will try to address all issues and
concerns. The blog is still going to be updated regularly, and that
will probably be the place of the earliest announcement of new tricks.
Many cheers,
Zoltán (a.k.a. gnuplotter;)

sfeam

Sep 21, 2009, 1:25:59 AM9/21/09
Zoltan wrote:

> Some of you might have noticed that I have been writing a blog under
> http://gnuplot-tricks.blogspot.com on various gnuplot-related tricks,
> mainly on how to produce those graphs that are not documented in the
> official manual.
>

> I would like to hope that many of you will find useful tricks, and I
> would also be interested in your feedback, which you should leave on
> my blog, or perhaps, here.

> Zoltán (a.k.a. gnuplotter;)

Since you are creating and collecting somewhat non-standard plots,
you might be interested in this new demo:

http://gnuplot.sourceforge.net/demo_4.3/barchart_art.html