Hello!

1 view

Hans Svensson

Oct 14, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/14/98
Wow, a new newsgroup!

I see no other postings, does this mean I'm the first here?

I hope I can contribute in the future. I have used Gimp for
about a year and now have a project going on. The purpose is
to make a button generator accessable from the web where
users can create their sets of images. I do this with the
Perl-Fu.

My perl-server is up and running with it's own uid. The web
server running under another uid can connect via socket and
make images. I have one or two scripts for making images.
Next thing I will do is to add mysql functionality and add
more scripts.

Keep in touch if you're interested!

Best regards
//Hans Svensson

BRONT

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98

Hans Svensson wrote in message <36248C55...@ITcampus.org>...
Hi where can I buy it?

David Kastrup

Oct 15, 1998, 3:00:00 AM10/15/98
"BRONT" <jgo...@drjworld.com> writes:

> Hans Svensson wrote in message <36248C55...@ITcampus.org>...
> >

> >I hope I can contribute in the future. I have used Gimp for
> >about a year and now have a project going on. The purpose is
> >to make a button generator accessable from the web where
> >users can create their sets of images. I do this with the
> >Perl-Fu.
> >
> >My perl-server is up and running with it's own uid. The web
> >server running under another uid can connect via socket and
> >make images. I have one or two scripts for making images.
> >Next thing I will do is to add mysql functionality and add
> >more scripts.
> >
> >Keep in touch if you're interested!

> Hi where can I buy it?

If you haven't noticed, Gimp is free software, and the above poster
sounded like he wanted to "contribute". Your question might be
somewhat impolite.

Like somebody saying "I have a new child" and you are asking "where do
I have to apply for an adoption, and what will it cost?".

Not necessarily the best question to ask upfront.

--
David Kastrup Phone: +49-234-700-5570
Email: d...@neuroinformatik.ruhr-uni-bochum.de Fax: +49-234-709-4209

BRONT