Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

Using Wacom in GIMP Performance Issues

閲覧: 24 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

m@

未読、
2007/04/06 13:11:582007/04/06
To:
Noticed this problem in GIMP only, it doesn't do it in windows
photoshop or linux CinePaint. When I am drawing in GIMP it seems to
hang or glitch, I dont know what the proper word is but it seems to
not be as good as CinePaint when I am drawing, I have adjusted the
pressure settings to all sorts of values requested by people and the
manufacture, and the pressure changes but thats not the problem. It's
like you draw a few circles and about half way through the circle it
skips or doesnt draw it, like there isn't a good connection to the pen
or something it's frustrating cause i love GIMP and I dont want to use
windows lol.

Anybody have any ideas what settings I could adjust in GIMP maybe its
a GIMP perofrmance issue? Again it doesnt do this in photoshop on
windows, and it doesnt do it in other Linux drawing programs just GIMP
so i figure its a GIMP issue.

Here are my specs.

I have a wacom Graphire4 CTE-440, and GIMP 2.2.11

Linux version 2.6.17-11-generic (root@terranova) (gcc version 4.1.2
20060928 (prerelease) (Ubuntu 4.1.1-13ubuntu5)) #2 SMP Thu Feb 1
19:52:28 UTC 2007 (Ubuntu 2.6.17-11.35-generic)

processor : 0
vendor_id : GenuineIntel
cpu family : 15
model : 2
model name : Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 2.60GHz
stepping : 9
cpu MHz : 2600.057
cache size : 128 KB
fdiv_bug : no
hlt_bug : no
f00f_bug : no
coma_bug : no
fpu : yes
fpu_exception : yes
cpuid level : 2
wp : yes
flags : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe up
cid xtpr
bogomips : 5205.42

MemTotal: 506980 kB
MemFree: 5916 kB
Buffers: 4144 kB
Cached: 260756 kB
SwapCached: 28 kB
Active: 217172 kB
Inactive: 202788 kB
HighTotal: 0 kB
HighFree: 0 kB
LowTotal: 506980 kB
LowFree: 5916 kB
SwapTotal: 996020 kB
SwapFree: 978340 kB
Dirty: 224 kB
Writeback: 0 kB
Mapped: 213792 kB
Slab: 16492 kB
CommitLimit: 1249508 kB
Committed_AS: 607528 kB
PageTables: 1884 kB
VmallocTotal: 516088 kB
VmallocUsed: 5296 kB
VmallocChunk: 510708 kB

Ricky Rudolph

未読、
2007/04/06 14:56:452007/04/06
To:
m@ wrote:
> Noticed this problem in GIMP only, it doesn't do it in windows
> photoshop or linux CinePaint. When I am drawing in GIMP it seems to
> hang or glitch, I dont know what the proper word is but it seems to
> not be as good as CinePaint when I am drawing, I have adjusted the
> pressure settings to all sorts of values requested by people and the
> manufacture, and the pressure changes but thats not the problem. It's
> like you draw a few circles and about half way through the circle it
> skips or doesnt draw it, like there isn't a good connection to the pen
> or something it's frustrating cause i love GIMP and I dont want to use
> windows lol.
>
> Anybody have any ideas what settings I could adjust in GIMP maybe its
> a GIMP perofrmance issue? Again it doesnt do this in photoshop on
> windows, and it doesnt do it in other Linux drawing programs just GIMP
> so i figure its a GIMP issue.

In the option settings of the Gimp tool that you're using, is the "Fade
Out" checkbox checked? If so, uncheck it. What you described seems to be
the "fade out" effect in Gimp.

Let us know if that's the problem.

m@

未読、
2007/04/06 18:07:172007/04/06
To:
I have seen that option before and it is not checked. Thanks for your
help!

Also I would like to say that if I had to compare it to like a video
game, it's almost like periodically I have really low FPS.
I just wish I could demonstrate it some how.

BTW I have an ATI 9600 128MB Graphics Card, using the ATI Official
drivers.

Ricky Rudolph

未読、
2007/04/06 19:03:002007/04/06

I don't have a good theory as to what is causing the problem, but I tend
to think that your graphics card and its driver are not the problem. To
me, the symptoms you described seem to suggest that for some reason,
your tablet is generating events faster than they can be handled. Maybe
you can try, as an experiment, to repeat what you did with the system as
lightly loaded as possible. Close all unnecessary programs, stop all
unnecessary processes, and try to draw slowly. See if you still have the
same problem. Hopefully that will at least give you better insight into
the nature of the problem.

I found these pages on the web:

http://www.shallowsky.com/linux/wacom.html

http://linuxwacom.sourceforge.net/index.php/main

I don't know if they will be of any help, but good luck.

m@

未読、
2007/04/07 3:37:152007/04/07
To:
I will try out your suggestions tonight, and those web pages.

Also I am going to try it on another computer next week, I'll post my
results soon as I get them.

Thanks again Ricky!

m@

未読、
2007/04/09 19:36:142007/04/09
To:
Well drawing slowly is the only way to get by.

Which isn't a real problem just wont be doing any quick doodles I
guess !

Thank's for all your support.

Ricky Rudolph

未読、
2007/04/11 22:39:052007/04/11
To:
m@ wrote:
> Well drawing slowly is the only way to get by.
>
> Which isn't a real problem just wont be doing any quick doodles I
> guess !

Glad to hear that you found a workaround, albeit an imperfect one.

新着メール 0 件