Lastest Graphics And Animation Software

Marwa

May 19, 2002, 3:52:45 AM5/19/02
Dear;

I wonder what are the latest software packages that I may use to have
a perfect Web Animations.

Some have told me Swish, others recommended 3DMax, your input will be
highly appreciated.

Regards;

Marwa

Martin Rowley

May 19, 2002, 10:27:15 AM5/19/02
Adobe has a package bundle called "Web Collection", which comes with
GoLive, PhotoShop, Illustrator, LiveMotion.

Macromedia has a package called "Web Design Studio", which comes with
Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash, and Freehand.

From what I've heard, Swish is a good substitute for Flash - I'm
currently playing with the free Swish Lite version that came on one of
the UK graphics magazine's cover CD.

Martin

Eric

May 19, 2002, 7:59:48 PM5/19/02
Marwa wrote:

> Some have told me Swish, others recommended 3DMax, your input will be
> highly appreciated.

For the price, you can not go wrong with SWiSH. Personally, I think it
has been the best value in Software on this planet. I started with it
in August of 2001.

The SWiSH user Forum at: http://www.flashkit.com has a great bunch of
very helpful folks.

Good Luck!

Eric

P.S. I also have Flash4, Flash5 & am evaluating Flash MX. But I gotta
tell you, SWiSH is the E-A-S-I-E-S-T to use, IMHO.

jok

May 23, 2002, 8:56:39 PM5/23/02
My daughter wants to be an animator. She draws now and put a good web-site
in place.

Are there some not-to-expensive programs she could try to use? Any other
suggestions welcome. Her birthday is comming up.

Thanks.

Jim

Martin Rowley

May 23, 2002, 10:31:40 PM5/23/02
Which interests her the most 2D or 3D animation? If it's 2D then a package like
Flash or Toon Boom Studio might be something she would like. If it's 3D then
there a ton of good stuff that sell for a couple hundred bucks to several
thousand - you would probably be better off asking her which one she was
interested in. You don't say how old she is, if she's still in school k-12,
she's probably eligible for academic software - check out either JourneyED or
Creation Engine for student priced software packages.

Martin

JourneyED
www. journeyed.com

Creation Engine
www.creationengine.com/

Flash:
www.macromedia.com/

Toon Boom Studio
www.toonboomstudio.com/main/home.ch2

jok wrote:

> Hi,
> My daughter wants to be an animator. She draws now and put a good web-site
> in place.
>
> Are there some not-to-expensive programs she could try to use? Any other
> suggestions welcome. Her birthday is comming up.
>
> Thanks.

There's a ton of free stuff out there. One good place to get some good
(and free) stuff is at your local bookstore. Many of the big chain
bookstores carry UK/British import graphics magazines - 3D World,
Computer Arts, and Digit to name a couple. These magazines come with CDs
on their covers that typically feature at least one "free" program.
These free programs are usually slightly older versions of some of
today's programs - which the software company are making available so
that you can get familiar with their product. For example on the past
couple months issues I have gotten Poser 3, Amapi 3D 5.1, Swish Lite,
Amorphium, Vue d'Esprit 2, Cinema 4D SE, gMax. Most of these are full
usable programs.

Heres a list of some free downloadable stuff also:
(note - I've removed the "http:" from in front of the web address - I
think posting this many links was tripping something at my isp which
made the post with these links fail to go through. You should be able to
just past the addresses into you web browser and hit enter.)

Free stuff:

OpenFX - Web Site: //www.openfx.org/news/index.php

Blender 2.0 and 2.12 Windows - Web Site: //www.blender.nl
(this software may not be available at this time - company reorganizing)

MilkShape - Web Site: //www.swissquake.ch/chumbalum-soft/
(Think this is actually shareware - but it's free for a demo period
of time)

Wally: the freeware texture editing program - Web Site
//www.telefragged.com/wally/

Discreet's Gmax - web site: //www.discreet.com/products/gmax/
[It's also on the Jan. 2002 PC-Gamer magazine CD]

Softy3D - Web Site: //www.softy3d.com

Strata3D - Web Site: //www.strata3d.com

Persistence of Vision Raytracer - Web Site: //www.povray.org/

(I recommend checking out this following package)
Amapi 4.15 - Web site: //amapi.idevgames.com/html/download.html
//tgsmirror1.com/Marketing/Amapi/4.1tutorials/
//www.staigerland.com/amapi/tutorials.html
//www.animhouse.com/
//users.skynet.be/deboeur/Tutorial/index.html
//tgs-mirror1.simplenet.com/Marketing/Amapi/6.0tutorials/
//bakhter.com/html/main/amapi4.html
//www.tgs.com

Terragen - Web Site: //www.planetside.co.uk/terragen/

Genesis II - Web Site: //www.woolleysoft.co.uk/

Genesis 3D - web site: //www.silicond.demon.co.uk/

Vue d'Esprit 2.0 - Web Site: //www.e-onsoftware.com

3D Canvas 3.3 - Web Site: //www.amabilis.com/

Wings 3D - Web site: //www.wings3d.com/

UVMapper - Web Site: //home.pb.net/~stevecox/uvmapper.htm

Acid Music Demo - ACID Xpress - Web Site:
//www.sonicfoundry.com/download/freestuff.asp
(actually a music program, but hey you'll probably want to
include a soundtrack in your animations)

Anim8or - Web Page: //www.anim8or.com/

AniStand - Web Site: //www.animationstand.com/

LeoCAD - Web Site: //www.leocad.org/

Links to free stuff.
//www.asro.kuleuven.ac.be/asro/English/HOME/SBs/cadtools/cadtools.phtml?var=free

CrossRoads - Web Site: //home.europa.com/~keithr/crossroads/
(good free utility program for graphic users)

IrfanView - Web Site: //www.irfanview.com/
(great graphics utility)

Models - (most new users will want some models)
Some good model sites:
3D Café - //www.3dcafe.com/asp/default.asp
3D Links - //www.3dlinks.com/
3D Site - //www.3dsite.com/n/sites/3dsite/cgi/mmarket-index.html
Star Wars Modeling Alliance - //www.swma.net/
Star Base C3 - //www.cube3.com/starbase.htm
Amazing 3D Software - //www.amazing3d.com/links.html
And //normandy.sandhills.cc.nc.us/english/shared/software.html
There are tons of such sites, just do a search for "3D Models DXF 3DS".

Demo Stuff:

3D Exploration - web site:
//www.us.righthemisphere.com/3dexploration/3d_exploration_home.htm

PaintShopPro7 / Animation Shop 2 - Web Site: //www.jasc.com/
(Full demo - I think a 45 day use period - very similar to Photoshop)

Poser 4 Demo - Web Site:
//curiouslabs.com/products/poser4/index.html
(30 day demo - saved disabled)

Eovia Amapi 3D Demo - web site: //www.eovia.com/index.htm?download.htm&0

Eovia Carrara Studio Demo - web site:
//www.eovia.com/index.htm?download.htm&0
(the latest in the line of 3D software packages Ray Dream Studio and
Infini-D)

Bryce 5 demo - Web Site: //www.corel.com
(30 day demo - full)

Nendo - Web Site: //www.izware.com/nendo/index.html

Lost Marble Moho - Web Site: //www.lostmarble.com/moho.html

trueSpace 5.0 Demo - Web Site: //www.caligari.com
(there are specials several times a year where they sell slightly older
versions of TS for around $99)

Vue d'Esprit 3 Demo - Web Site: //www.e-onsoftware.com

Rhino Demo - web site: //www.rhino3d.com/

3d Studio Max 4 Demo - Web page: //www2.discreet.com/index-nf.html

Realsoft 3D - web site: //www.realsoft.fi/

MOJOWORLD GENERATOR™ 1.1 - web site: //www.pandromeda.com/
[no demo, but might be of interest]

Merlin 3D [not sure if there is a demo] - web site:
//www.merlin3d.com/products/index.html

Hash's Animation Master - web site: //www.hash.com/products/am.asp

Database of free Max plug-ins - web site: //www.maxplugins.de/

SmoothMove Viewer - PAN View 5.0 - Web Site: //www.smoothmove.com
(Neat free player program to experiment with)

Wolfgang Draxinger

May 25, 2002, 7:11:59 PM5/25/02

http://www.elysiun.com still provides links to a couple of working
mirrors of Blender

> MOJOWORLD GENERATOR^(TM) 1.1 - web site: //www.pandromeda.com/

CFK

May 27, 2002, 10:41:36 AM5/27/02
In all of your replies not one has mentioned Maya 3 or 4. This is without a
doubt the Cadillac of 3d creation and animation. I heard the top five movies
over the last five years have used Maya in their animation process. A couple
to mention, The perfect Storm, Mission To Mars, Hollow Man, The Phantom
Menace, The Mummy, The Matrix, The Truman Show. Pretty impressive list and
the best part is you can use Maya for free, with a few limitations, to learn
how to use the best Animation Program I have ever seen go to

http://www.aliaswavefront.com/en/Tmpl/Maya/html/index.jhtml?page=/en/Communi
ty/Special/maya_ple/index.jhtml&style=normal

Give it a try, you have nothing to loose except time as it makes hours seem
like minutes, but if you truly want to be in the animation world as a career
then this is the place to start. Unless you can buy it I think it is down to
around $2000.00 from 24,000.00 just a couple of years ago.

Doug

"Marwa" <maly...@hotmail.com> wrote in message