*** National Geographic mapping fonts *** FYI only

Miroslav Ambrus-Kis

Dec 14, 1999, 3:00:00 AM12/14/99
In article <miroslav.ambrus-kis-...@news.tel.hr>,
Miroslav Ambrus-Kis <miroslav....@vecernji-list.tel.hr> wrote:

=>Could somebody recognize and recommend me a vendor of fonts that
=>National Geographic uses for naming continents and oceans. I hope this
=>small sample GIF doesn't bother anybody.
=>
=>You can mail me with answer too (still haven't too much junk mail ;-))

Here's what I've got from THEMSELVES:
--------------------------------------
From: "Carey Lozano" <clo...@ngs.org>
To: miroslav....@vecernji-list.tel.hr
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 10:05:11 -0500
Subject: NGS Reply

December 13, 1999

miroslav....@vecernji-list.tel.hr

Thank you for contacting the National Geographic Society.

We appreciate your interest in the fonts used in our maps. Those fonts
are
proprietary to the Society. They were designed by our cartographers
years ago
and have been subsequently digitized for use on today's systems. They
are not
available commercially, and are not permitted to be used by others
unless they
are producing a Society product.

I hope that this information will prove helpful.

Sincerely,
Carey Lozano
Research Correspondence

So, doies it feel it is an open rush for these fonts cloning? ;->

--
MAK