MS Office 2003 & Wine

emwai912

Aug 29, 2007, 2:41:09 AM8/29/07
I am using Fedora 7 and just installed MS Office 2003 using Wine as
root. The installation went flawlessly. The problem is when I try to
open one of the MS Office applications, it gave me this dialog box,
"Microsoft Office Excell has not been installed for the current user.
Please run setup to install the application". Anyone with same
problem? TQiAdv!

David Dawson

Aug 29, 2007, 1:28:01 PM8/29/07
emwai912 wrote:

I'm only running MSWORD, which I installed under wine 0.9.40 (I think).
I'm up to wine 0.9.43, but it has a bug affecting installs. If you upgrade
to 0.9.43, It should work fine, I believe.
(I download source and build each time)
--
If you wrestle in the mud with a pig,
you both get dirty and the pig likes it.

R1

Sep 5, 2007, 2:11:42 PM9/5/07
emwai912 wrote:

Hello,
Depending on what you want to do with MSOffice2003 through Wine, why not
using OpenOffice.org directly in Fedora?
R1

hyena

Sep 13, 2007, 5:11:44 PM9/13/07

met this problem myself too. Solved mysteriously by run the installer
again and using update/repair operation. after this finished, everything
suddenly turn out ok. Kind of black magic. You can play around with
this install a while, maybe get some luck then.

good luck.

twic...@gmail.com

Sep 16, 2007, 12:35:46 PM9/16/07
Over this past week end I have posted three Microsoft Office on Linux
with Wine articles.

The Office 97 article is located <a href="http://wine-
review.blogspot.com/2007/09/running-ms-office-97-under-linux-
with.html">here</a>
the Office 2000 article <a href="http://wine-review.blogspot.com/
2007/09/running-ms-office-2000-under-linux-with.html">here</a>
and the Office 2003 article <a href="http://wine-review.blogspot.com/
2007/09/running-ms-office-2003-under-linux-with.html">here</a>.
All three articles have code samples and lots of screen shots for new
and experienced Linux users.