running wine on Xming stopped working after upgrade to 0.9.34

j.ver...@gmx.net

Apr 2, 2007, 4:38:55 AM4/2/07
Yes, strange as it sounds, I'm running a windows app under wine on a
remote linux box with display exported to a windows computer runnning
Xming (over putty with X11 tunnel).

(why? because it's a badly programmed chinese app that can't seem to
get its fonts right under english windows, but under wine on linux it
works!)

The problem: since upgrading to wine-0.9.34 I get this error:

X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
Resource id in failed request: 0xd9
Serial number of failed request: 14

Looking at the changelog, I suspect it might have to do with Xcursor
support?

Any ideas?

Daniel Skorka

Apr 3, 2007, 11:05:05 AM4/3/07
j.ver...@gmx.net wrote:
> (why? because it's a badly programmed chinese app that can't seem to
> get its fonts right under english windows, but under wine on linux it
> works!)

The mind boggles, then turns around and looks at a painting by Dali
instead.

> The problem: since upgrading to wine-0.9.34 I get this error:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
> Resource id in failed request: 0xd9
> Serial number of failed request: 14
> Current serial number in output stream: 19
>
> Looking at the changelog, I suspect it might have to do with Xcursor
> support?

I'm not so sure. Does this happen even with winecfg? Can you run with
WINEDEBUG=+synchronous ? If I am not mistaken, this should drop you into
the debugger so you can do a backtrace.

Daniel
--
Read the Wine FAQ: http://winehq.org/site/docs/wine-faq/index
Read the Wine User Guide: http://winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index

in...@rayfract.com

Apr 4, 2007, 7:25:09 AM4/4/07
On Apr 2, 1:38 am, j.verst...@gmx.net wrote:

> The problem: since upgrading to wine-0.9.34 I get this error:
>
> X Error of failed request: BadWindow (invalid Window parameter)
> Major opcode of failed request: 1 (X_CreateWindow)
> Resource id in failed request: 0xd9
> Serial number of failed request: 14
> Current serial number in output stream: 19
>
> Looking at the changelog, I suspect it might have to do with Xcursor
> support?
>
> Any ideas?

I saw the same or similar X Error message with 0.9.34. Downgrading to
0.9.33 solved this for me.

HTH,

Siegfried Rohdewald.

Klaus Krtschil

Apr 15, 2007, 2:42:31 PM4/15/07
j.ver...@gmx.net schrieb:

Hi,

I got the error

X Error of failed request: BadPixmap (invalid Pixmap parameter)
Major opcode of failed request: 54 (X_FreePixmap)
Resource id in failed request: 0x2a0f336
Serial number of failed request: 591407

since version 0.9.34 and Bridge Base Online software crashes with the
above message from time to time (program just disappears).

Downgrading to 0.9.33 solve the problem. 0.9.35 has the same issue.

According to winehq this seems to be a regression
(http://www.winehq.com/?issue=328)

Waiting for a fix in the next version(s).

Klaus