Objects "uncompletely" displayed

Frederick Amorison

Dec 30, 2006, 1:18:00 PM12/30/06
Hello,

I would like to ask some help about the following problem:

I'm running a soft called beersmith (www.beersmith.com) with wine. The
soft is running but some lists are uncompletely displayed. Only the
first column is displayed but I can sort lists on unvisible columns.

I already have asked help from the developpers but havn't received any
usefull answers: http://www.beersmith.com/forum/index.php?topic=897.0

I think this could be a problem with wine but have no clue on how to
find more.

Thanks for help

Frédérick

Duane Clark

Dec 31, 2006, 3:53:39 PM12/31/06

Well, I ran beersmith with WINEDEBUG=+listview, and the one thing that
jumps out at me is that the columns are being set like this. Notice that
columns 1-3 are being set first, and then column 0. I suspect that is
breaking Wine.

trace:listview:LISTVIEW_WindowProc (uMsg=1006 wParam=0 lParam=33f978)
trace:listview:LISTVIEW_SetItemT (lpLVItem={iItem=7, iSubItem=1,
state=0, stateMask=3, pszText="Pride of Ringwood [10.00%] (0 min)",
cchTextMax=80, iImage=4}, isW=0)
trace:listview:textdupTtoW wstr=L"Pride of Ringwood [10.00%] (0 min)"
trace:listview:LISTVIEW_WindowProc (uMsg=1006 wParam=0 lParam=33f978)
trace:listview:LISTVIEW_SetItemT (lpLVItem={iItem=7, iSubItem=2,
state=0, stateMask=3, pszText="Hops", cchTextMax=80, iImage=4}, isW=0)
trace:listview:textdupTtoW wstr=L"Hops"
trace:listview:LISTVIEW_WindowProc (uMsg=1006 wParam=0 lParam=33f978)
trace:listview:LISTVIEW_SetItemT (lpLVItem={iItem=7, iSubItem=3,
state=0, stateMask=3, pszText=" - ", cchTextMax=80, iImage=4}, isW=0)
trace:listview:textdupTtoW wstr=L" - "
trace:listview:LISTVIEW_WindowProc (uMsg=1006 wParam=0 lParam=33f978)
trace:listview:LISTVIEW_SetItemT (lpLVItem={iItem=8, iSubItem=0,
state=0, stateMask=3, pszText="0.55 lb", cchTextMax=80, iImage=12}, isW=0)
trace:listview:textdupTtoW wstr=L"0.55 lb"

Duane Clark

Dec 31, 2006, 7:32:21 PM12/31/06
Duane Clark wrote:

> Well, I ran beersmith with WINEDEBUG=+listview, and the one thing that
> jumps out at me is that the columns are being set like this. Notice that
> columns 1-3 are being set first, and then column 0. I suspect that is
> breaking Wine.

Oops, well I didn't look closely enough. That isn't the problem; the
iItem number changed between subitems 1-3 and the next subitem 0.

Duane Clark

Dec 31, 2006, 8:10:30 PM12/31/06

So a second try, still on the subitems...
The subitems, including subitem 0, are all being set in beersmith with
the message LVM_SETITEM. This is a bit different from what I expect.

For example, I compiled (using mingw) and ran the code for the ListView
control spy (the code downloaded from Microsoft). This code does an
LVM_INSERTITEM for the first subitem, and LVM_SETITEM for the rest of
the subitems. I tried changing the first call to LVM_SETITEM, and the
control no longer works (it does come up though); though in this case
not even the first item shows up.

I cannot seem to figure out just what beersmith does to make even the
first item show up when the listview is created this way ;)

Frederick Amorison

Jan 2, 2007, 3:40:04 AM1/2/07

Duane Clark a écrit :

> So a second try, still on the subitems...
> The subitems, including subitem 0, are all being set in beersmith with
> the message LVM_SETITEM. This is a bit different from what I expect.
>
> For example, I compiled (using mingw) and ran the code for the ListView
> control spy (the code downloaded from Microsoft). This code does an
> LVM_INSERTITEM for the first subitem, and LVM_SETITEM for the rest of
> the subitems. I tried changing the first call to LVM_SETITEM, and the
> control no longer works (it does come up though); though in this case
> not even the first item shows up.
>
> I cannot seem to figure out just what beersmith does to make even the
> first item show up when the listview is created this way ;)

Thank you for investigating.
This sound a bit magic to me as I'm better in brewing beers than
programming ;).
I'll inform beersmith's developper.

Duane Clark

Jan 2, 2007, 3:41:57 PM1/2/07
Frederick Amorison wrote:

> Thank you for investigating.
> This sound a bit magic to me as I'm better in brewing beers than
> programming ;).
> I'll inform beersmith's developper.

Well, I'm not much of a programmer either. And especially not when
programming Windows apps, so it is probably just something I am doing
wrong. I'll tinker a bit more over the next few days and see if I can
figure out how they are creating one of these broken listviews.

Duane Clark

Jan 5, 2007, 4:03:52 PM1/5/07
Duane Clark wrote:

> Well, I'm not much of a programmer either. And especially not when
> programming Windows apps, so it is probably just something I am doing
> wrong. I'll tinker a bit more over the next few days and see if I can
> figure out how they are creating one of these broken listviews.

Okay, a patch has been submitted that fixes this. It is a very simple
patch, so I expect it should get into Wine in a day or two.

Frederick Amorison

Jan 7, 2007, 4:59:10 AM1/7/07

Duane Clark a écrit :

> Okay, a patch has been submitted that fixes this. It is a very simple
> patch, so I expect it should get into Wine in a day or two.

Could you send me the patch so I could install it quickly and learn a
bit.
Thank you for your work.

Duane Clark

Jan 7, 2007, 1:17:33 PM1/7/07

Duane Clark

Jan 13, 2007, 3:48:32 PM1/13/07

By the way, with this patch:
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-cvs/2007-January/029420.html
the treeview on the left is now displayed much better.