PC Atari Emulator Homepage!

matthew p. conte

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

The PC Atari Emulator by John Dullea, which emulates an Atari 2600 on your
486+ PC, now has a home!

PC Atari Emulator Homepage - http://www.netcom.com/~itsbroke/2600

NEW in version 1.1 - SOUND!

Full details on the emulator can be found at the above site.

..matthew conte.
site maintainer

matthew p. conte

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

> I don't know if I've said this before but YOU RULE! This is by far
> the best 2600 emulator available for the PC. Great work, one question
> tho: Should I be able to run it through 95? It hangs my system if I
> try.. It works fine through a "real" dos prompt.

no, it's not me that rules, it's the emu's author, john dullea...

currently, the emulator will not run well (or at all) through windows 95...
=(

late,
matt

PC Atari Emulator Home - http://www.netcom.com/~itsbroke/2600

Tronix Inc. (Joe)

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96
to Sal

Sal wrote:

> On 29 Oct 1996 03:01:08 GMT, "matthew p. conte"
> I don't know if I've said this before but YOU RULE! This is by far
> the best 2600 emulator available for the PC. Great work, one question
> tho: Should I be able to run it through 95? It hangs my system if I
> try.. It works fine through a "real" dos prompt.
>
> Sal

Yeah, I had to go to DOS as well; It hung in Windows. I wanted to also
praise the author of this product. This is by far the most compatible of
the 2600 emulaters yet. Sound emulation is great, and the menu system
makes things quick and easy. GREAT work!

--
(T)R O N I(X) (212) 447-5980
#1 for Import & Domestic Video Games
=== http://www.tronixweb.com ===
(Substance Before Flash)

Sal

Oct 29, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/29/96

Scotte28

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96

It's the best!!!  Finally sounds!!

matthew p. conte <itsb...@ix.netcom.com> wrote in article <01bbc5dc$90847f20$75c220cc@matthew-conte>...

> > I don't know if I've said this before but YOU RULE!  This is by far
> > the best 2600 emulator available for the PC.  Great work, one question
> > tho:  Should I be able to run it through 95?  It hangs my system if I
> > try.. It works fine through a "real" dos prompt.

Corey Cooper

Oct 31, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/31/96
to matthew p. conte

That's kinda strange that it won't run under '95. I first ran it in a
Command Prompt window on my NT 4.0 machine and it works great. There's no
sound, of course, but it still runs great.

Great work! It is indeed the best VCS emulator I have yet seen.

However, it doesn't appear to have correct speed (way too fast on the
pentium 150). Future enhancement or am I missing something?

-Corey

David G. Dahlstrom

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

It does run under Win95 in MS-DOS mode.

dave

Corey Cooper <coo...@oak.tivoli.com> wrote in article
<Pine.A41.3.95.961031...@oak.tivoli.com>...

Venger

Nov 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/1/96

This thing KICKS MAJOR ASS...

Simple but effective menu loader, WAY too fast emulation, good (but not
great) sound, and I have found NO collision defects yet. The guy who
wrote this is GOD...

One hint...to tell if your sound works real well, take the chalice to
the yellow castle in Adventure. It has a simple but effective sound
string that shows the current sound routine's limitations.

I bragged on this thing all day at work today...GREAT WORK!

--
\ /
\/enger

rich

Nov 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM11/9/96

the newer version (posted just days after the first one-go back and
check http://www.netcom.com/~itsbroke ) has speed control and runs
nicely on my p133.

the only thing more dangerous than an attorney with a wealth
of legal knowledge is a layperson with a little legal knowledge
and the belief that they know how to wield it!

Visit sunny http://www.law.shu.edu/~rich
Hate AOL? Check out http://www.peak.org/~bueno

***Wanna play ColecoVision on your home PC?***
***Go to http://www.nfinity.com/~swhalen/node99 ***

"When you took me by surprise
That's half the fun of everything
Do you miss the point like I do?"