Which font-lock speedup system should XEmacs use by default? Also please help us fill comparison wiki page.

1 view

jason...@gmail.com

Jul 24, 2007, 2:33:02 PM7/24/07
to ste...@xemacs.org
Hi all,

The XEmacs developers are considering turning on fast-lock, lazy-lock,
or lazy-shot by default in future XEmacs versions.[1][2][3][4]

1. We would appreciate it if you could help fill in the wiki page
http://www.emacswiki.org/wiki/XEmacsFontificationSystems -- just click
"Edit this page" at the bottom. The page is meant mainly for users to
read. If you have any questions about editing the wiki, ask us.

2. We would also like your opinions. Is there anything else, other
than what is listed on the wiki page, that we should take into account
when choosing a default system, e.g. any catches that don't affect
knowledgeable users but may affect newbies?

Thanks,
Jason

[1] First part of thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.xemacs.beta/25122
[2] Second part of thread: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.xemacs.beta/25130
[3] We are not considering plain old font-lock because it is
sometimes too slow.
[4] Whatever choice we make, you will still be able to make a
different choice in your init file.

--
Jason Spiro: Linux consultant, web developer, and corporate trainer.
No job too big or too small, whether two hours or two months.