Vim: latex-suite trouble

Szabolcs Horvát

Oct 14, 2007, 9:45:01 AM10/14/07
With Vim 7.1 on Windows, and latex-suite active, if I type document<F5>
on an empty line, the following happens:

This line is displayed:
::call histdel("/", -1)|let @/=g:Tex_LastSearchPattern
and I am prompted to press enter.

Afterwards, the word "document" is replaced with the following,

\documentclass[<+options+>|]{<+class+>}

, where | marks the position of the cursor. Vim goes into VISUAL mode,
with nothing selected.

The normal behaviour (that I observe on e.g. Linux, in both the gui and
the terminal version) is that <+options+> should be selected and Vim
should be in SELECT mode so that I can start typing.

The erroneous behaviour appears on linux only if the window is made very
narrow. But it is present on Windows with the default window width of
80 chars too.

Is there a way around this problem without using :set ch=2 or making the
window wider (both of which eliminate both the "press enter" prompt and
the SELECT/VISUAL mode problem)?