Welcome Rosetta@Home refugees

1 view

Erik Veit

Sep 16, 2006, 2:31:48 PM9/16/06
You will be able to speak your mind here. Go for it.

killer...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2006, 5:31:34 PM9/18/06
XS is a bunch of cheaters who get mad when some one points that out

Erik Veit

Sep 18, 2006, 5:51:31 PM9/18/06
killer...@gmail.com wrote:
> XS is a bunch of cheaters who get mad when some one points that out

That's one opinion.

killer...@gmail.com

Sep 18, 2006, 7:29:48 PM9/18/06
oh i know it's an opinion. but here i can say it without it getting
deleted 8)

Bill D

Sep 18, 2006, 8:48:11 PM9/18/06
"Cheating" implies wrongdoing. Optimized clients were permitted therefore no
wrongdoing. I didn't agree with their use so I decided not to use one
myself. We all could have used them. Lots of teams and independents used
them or just "fixed" their client files. It was a mess.

Don't know why a couple of them keep coming back to the forums when they've
"left the project". Maybe just to stir things up.

<killer...@gmail.com> wrote in message

Erik Veit

Sep 18, 2006, 8:54:02 PM9/18/06
killer...@gmail.com wrote:
> oh i know it's an opinion. but here i can say it without it getting
> deleted 8)

Can I get an amen?!

--
Erik Veit ---- Dublin, CA ---- http://homepage.mac.com/zombie67/
http://www.boincstats.com/signature/user_129572.gif

Unknown

Sep 20, 2006, 3:31:30 AM9/20/06
On Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:31:48 -0700, Erik Veit <zomb...@mac.com>
wrote:

>You will be able to speak your mind here. Go for it.

So - who are the anony-mods?

Post your guesses here

anony-mod-not

Sep 20, 2006, 4:02:17 AM9/20/06
Nemesis <> wrote in news:kfr1h2duvvugacpq8...@4ax.com:

So we have tralala and Matt (which mat, it's not MattDavis) so far ?
(We know tralala is one, obvious and he's pretty much said so in a few
forums)

Mod.Canada from Team Canada ? (e.g. CDNgeezer? Tarx ?)

Just a repost of what D.B. said

Mod.DE
I participated in some DC projects a few years ago (i.e. RC-64) but
stopped.
February this year I found BOINC and later Rosetta where I’m feeling
quite
happy at the moment. I’m kind of a computer geek but refuse to work in
that
area (in order not to become a total geek) and try to finish my diploma
thesis in economics instead. I have a faible for all kind of social
interaction over the internet currently called "Web 2.0" but on the same
time think I should spend less time before my computer.

Mod.Canada
Some of the things that I am into are hunting, fishing and camping. I
enjoy the "outdoors thing". I also like to tinker with DIY Audio
circuits and hifi sound, along with computer mods of all kinds such as
case mods. I do lots of overclocking, and have a real new found love of
Computer language studies mainly being C++, and a little Perl.
I have also been battling Crohn's Disease for 6 years and have had
several operations along the way. I have also come down with another
life long disease called Avascular Necrosis which was caused by the
large amount of steroids used to treat the Crohns disease. It is mainly
looked at as a loss of blood flow to the bones, which in turn causes
them to die over time.

Mod.Sense
I'm an armchair scientist that came project hopping, and found the
insight into science and the high level of transparency to the research
team to be compelling reasons to stay and crunch Rosetta full-time. I've
stopped looking for another interesting project, and started looking for
ways to help the Rosetta team achieve its goal of developing the science
that will reinvent medicine, as we know it.

Mod. Tymbrimi
I've spent most of my DC time these last 4 years on F@H, but have joined
teammates on other projects like D2oL and FaD. After Dr. David Baker
posted an invitation for FaD participants, many of the team moved here.
I'm a fan of another infamous David. Mr. Brin. Even if he does talk
about brushing mule's teeth.
It's still amazing to have started with the original release of programs
with a sew on patch stating, "Boldly going where Angels fear to tread."
in the 1980s, to actually helping perform scientific research with our
spare cpu cycles.

Diablo

Sep 20, 2006, 8:18:06 AM9/20/06
Neat : I can say you are a liar and a grade asshole withot being
censored too.

Diablo

Sep 20, 2006, 8:19:21 AM9/20/06
T is tralala or another asshole.

Unknown

Sep 20, 2006, 10:11:55 AM9/20/06
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 03:02:17 -0500, "anony-mod-not"
<ad...@boinc.bakerlab.org> wrote:

LOL - nice email there

Here's the deleted post concerning "Matt", posted by Mod.T

Matt:
That's probably not the best way to point out that he's
hypocritical.
Funny to those with a wicked sense of humor, but not appropriate
at the moment.
Mod.Tymbrimi

He got real sensitive about that one! I think he got caught posting
in the wrong thread.

So, if tralala isn't Mod.T (which XS VS confirmed based on him
thinking he knows who they all are) then the next likely possibility
is tralala = Mod.DE - the German connction.

Tio Super

Sep 20, 2006, 12:30:08 PM9/20/06

So If MOD T came from Folding at Home: His anti XstremeSystem Bias is
obvious to all that know the issues at Folding @ Home

Unknown

Sep 20, 2006, 9:28:48 PM9/20/06
On 20 Sep 2006 09:30:08 -0700, "Tio Super" <tios...@choicecable.net>
wrote:

Check out this profile

http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/view_profile.php?userid=84385

Sound like anyone listed above?

Unknown

Sep 20, 2006, 9:50:07 PM9/20/06

Does this sound like our Mod.Sense ? Read the intro from the new
member

http://www.amdusers.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&p=30006&highlight=#30006

anony-mod-not

Sep 22, 2006, 11:19:46 AM9/22/06
Just thougth I would mantion

BennyRop did F@H, his teams main project.
BennyRop is a Tymbrimi fan, just search D2OL and Tymbrimi
BennyRop did D2OL and FAD for a bit as well.
BennyRop did lots of testing using various unknown to most rosetta users
email addresses.

~~~~~~~ - note the website address to his picture.

From D2OL forums
Posted by BennyRop (Member # 1331) on November 13, 2004 02:04 AM:

quote:
....... I am running a single machine on D2OL; and I have to say that
the chances of me adding a second machine to this project are somewhere
between 0 and a large negative number at the moment. I'm not asking for
preferential treatment - but if large portions of various teams are
abandoning ship, and you can't convince me that it's worth my donating
more than a single machine to this project, then there's serious
problems with communication from the project leaders that need to be
worked out.

Perhaps it's time to use a bit of weekend time to remind the people
contributing to the project why this is the best use of their DC power..

And in the "don't shoot the messenger" vein, it would help if you had a
bit more positive/informantive to relate before this ends up being your
logo, Charles: http://home.gci.net/~tymbrimi/I_SURRENDER_kmh.jpg
(Offered, in case showing this to the D2OL team might bring home the
point that we need more info..)

~~~~~~

~~~~~~ http://boinc.bakerlab.org/rosetta/forum_user_posts.php?userid=
38837

I tested some things with a hotmail account.

from: Apache <apa...@boinc.bakerlab.org>
subject: Rosetta@home account email change
shows up in less than a minute in the Junk folder on Hotmail.

from: Rosetta/BOINC Admin <ad...@boinc.bakerlab.org>
subject: Rosetta@home forum moderation notice for Rosetta_User_Name
shows up in less than a minute in the junk folder on Hotmail.

from: Rosetta/BOINC Admin <ad...@boinc.bakerlab.org>
subject: Rosetta@home information for Rosetta_User_Name
for account key. Shows up in less than a minute on my normal email.
Both times I sent the account key to the hotmail address after the other
two messages arrived, it didn't show up on Hotmail.

Getting the account key on hotmail seems impossible at the moment. Can
we get this passed on to the staff?

Could this be the A-List Bastard ?

Unknown

Sep 22, 2006, 9:22:13 PM9/22/06
On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 18:50:07 -0700, Mod_Buster <> wrote:

>On Wed, 20 Sep 2006 07:11:55 -0700, Nemesis <> wrote:

>>>Mod.Canada
>>>Some of the things that I am into are hunting, fishing and camping. I
>>>enjoy the "outdoors thing". I also like to tinker with DIY Audio
>>>circuits and hifi sound, along with computer mods of all kinds such as
>>>case mods. I do lots of overclocking, and have a real new found love of
>>>Computer language studies mainly being C++, and a little Perl.
>>>I have also been battling Crohn's Disease for 6 years and have had
>>>several operations along the way. I have also come down with another
>>>life long disease called Avascular Necrosis which was caused by the
>>>large amount of steroids used to treat the Crohns disease. It is mainly
>>>looked at as a loss of blood flow to the bones, which in turn causes
>>>them to die over time.

The freshly deleted Profile for "Michael" read as follows:

Hello to all who care to read this :)

I am a 26 year old male born in Calgary Alberta Canada, happily
married for Six years a wife born and raised in Kimberly B.C. Canada,
and were given the gift of a healthy little girl who is currently now
Five years Old. (how Time flys)

We all enjoy the outdoor life, camping,fishing,hunting (well me
anyways my wife can not bear to see me shoot a deer)

Scince the age of 19, I have been batteling Crohn's disease wich is
the swelling and infection of the small bowell, and can be found
anywhere in the digestive tract. I was then admitted to hospital in
Calgary where I have been in and out of the last few years and just
finished the most painfull Three month stay of my life. During a visit
a year or two ago, I was taken by airlift to have an emergency
procedure that saved my life,and was given a treatment that caused
another painfull and life long disease called Avascular necrosis,
which is being treated with Morphine on a daily basis for the last Two
years now. Which affords me now with alot of time at home to try to
make a difference for others like me that could benefit from this
ground breaking work that Dr.Baker and his team are working with,and
with protine's being such a big part of the whole "How dose Crohn's
disease start" questions, I remain very hopefull and excited about the
work being done here.

So with all of the down time in between hospital visits, and not being
able to return to work as a licenced auto mechanic. I have found a new
love of computers and have completed some High level Computer Language
classes in C++ and have been playing with different types of code and
trying to learn how they work and have fun. Whew That was a small
book.

Movieman

Oct 6, 2006, 4:36:31 PM10/6/06
killer...@gmail.com wrote:
> oh i know it's an opinion. but here i can say it without it getting
> deleted 8)
And here we can speak without holding back anything.
You sanctimonious SOB's that called us cheats when most of you used the
same files for far longer than anyone at XS did.
One of you linked to a post written by Jeff at XS last December when we
we first were talking about going to Rosetta. If you check that thread
I think you'll find that I didn't even get into it until January as I
was deeply involved in D2OL until app Jan 5-8 of this year.
Your ignorance at assuming things that just simply were not true
sickens me.
You can see the machines I ran on VNS: a DX3600, a DX2400,a Dothan on a
Asus P4GD1, a DX700, go ahead, go check the database at Baker Labs and
show me I was using Optimised files back in Jan,Feb or March...Please
do.
Check my posts at XS during that timeframe and what you'll see is me
talking about the fact that BOINC was pro AMD and giving the Intel
systems app 60% of what it gave the AMD's. Go ahead, do your research
before you slander anyone.
I don't like being called a liar or cheat by anyone and if any of you
had the balls to say it to my face the next time you tried it would be
through dentures.
As to Baker himself, he isn't worth spit. He's a gutless politician who
lives in a world of his own making and hides at the first sign of
conflict.His buddy D.Kim is just like him.
These people really think that we OWE them our machinery and all they
have to do is sit back and let us flit the bill to make them heroes. In
a pigs ass.
Baker came to XS the first time because I invited him in the attempt to
motivate others at XS to join the Rosetta team. Then he made a stop
there when we made a shot at a million point day in June when it was
pushing 90F in most of the US.
the next time he came was pure politics. He stayed exactly 3 minutes,
just long enough to post and then run like the coward he truly is. From
that point on he never answered a question from anyone at XS. The one
thing he did try was an end run at the owner at XS, but Charles has
balls and told him the straight truth: Go and fix the mess on your own
forum and then and only then will I try to help you here with the XS
guys.
Once again Baker showed his true colors and "hid" in his journal.
Hell of a guy to donate your machinery and money for electrical to huh?
If I sound vindictive it's because I am. I did everything in my power
for 8 months to generate as much computing power for his project as
possible and then this piece of garbage didn't even have the balls to
come and speak plainly on his own forum.
What's funny is if he had at any time said" Please everyone just use
the stock client" in simple words, we would have. I even tried to tell
him more than once in emails that he was missing the boat and had to
act. This guy may be a brilliant research scientist, but when it comes
to street smarts he's as dumb as they come.He's lucky that he is in
that university, he wouldn't last a day in the real world.
To those of you that supported him and still do after all this all I
can say is that when someone spits in my face once, I don't give them a
chance to do it again.
If your ok with that fine, but carry a towel to wipe off the spit from
time to time because he will do it again as the mood suits him.
To the people who doubted what XS brought to Rosetta, answer this one
for me:
How are we the #2 daily producer in WCG after 5 weeks on the project
and with only 1/2 the people we had on Rosetta? Oh, I know, you'll say
we're cheating there also but we are using the stock 5.4.11 or 5.4.9
BOINC client and there's a quorum system.
Jeez, maybe we just might have some real machinery working on the
project just as we did in rosetta.
Bottom line is this: Baker lost a huge amount of computational power
due to his own ineptitude.D.Kim didn't help matters either. Another one
totally out of touch with reality.
Oh, forgot: Killer.Diller: Who the hell are you to call anyone a cheat?
What did you do for Rosetta? Anything besides moan and bitch? Where's
your comittment in time and dollars?
Have a good day gentleman..