What win based syslog apps?

Thomas Blakely

Nov 1, 2000, 9:59:42 PM11/1/00
Briefly,

Looking for a winNT/2000 based syslog application...which would you
reccomend for relatively simple dump logging (with some security of
course)?

Regards,
-Tom-

Andrew Short

Nov 2, 2000, 6:26:45 AM11/2/00

3Com makes a really handy syslog/tftp(client and server)/ftp server app
for Win32 called '3CDaemon". Search for that on their website.

I use it on Win2k all the time without any troubles.

--
Andrew Short ash...@wingedwheel.net
CCNP-Voice Access/CCDP Colossians 3:23

Thomas Blakely

Nov 2, 2000, 6:32:11 AM11/2/00
Andrew,

Thanks very much for the info. I'll be checking it out today.
Best Wishes,
Tom

Banzai57

Nov 2, 2000, 11:22:23 AM11/2/00
Also pretty good is Kiwi Syslog daemon. Full version will log to SQL/ODBC
database. Freeware version does just logging.

"Thomas Blakely" <bou...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

Hansang Bae

Nov 2, 2000, 8:07:59 PM11/2/00
Andrew Short <ash...@wingedwheel.net> writes:
>3Com makes a really handy syslog/tftp(client and server)/ftp server app
>for Win32 called '3CDaemon". Search for that on their website.
>I use it on Win2k all the time without any troubles.

It can be a bit tricky to find so here's the URL:

http://support.3com.com/software/utilities_for_windows_32_bit.htm

hsb

Thomas Blakely

Nov 4, 2000, 12:15:35 AM11/4/00
Thanks for all the help guys, This is turning out to be a very nice
little suite of tools. Definately on my keeper list.
Thanks again,
Tom

Alan

Nov 6, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/6/00
Which little suite of tools?

"Thomas Blakely" <bou...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

Thomas Blakely

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
On Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:31:35 -0000, "Alan"
<alansteele@(removeme)bigfoot.com> wrote:

The 3COM suite. Syslog server, tftp, ftp, all in one neat package.
Tom

>Which little suite of tools?

Dave Phelps

Nov 10, 2000, 3:00:00 AM11/10/00
Very nice package. The price is right as well. Here's the URL:

On Fri, 10 Nov 2000 16:59:00 GMT, bou...@mediaone.net (Thomas Blakely) wrote:

>On Mon, 6 Nov 2000 08:31:35 -0000, "Alan"
><alansteele@(removeme)bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
>The 3COM suite. Syslog server, tftp, ftp, all in one neat package.
>Tom
>
>>Which little suite of tools?
>>
>>"Thomas Blakely" <bou...@mediaone.net> wrote in message

Dave Phelps