dbf export

Matthew Harting

Feb 6, 2004, 3:06:44 PM2/6/04
I need to export some data form D3 to a dbf file. Does anyone know where I
can find the specs for creating dbf files? Currently, we are creating a text
file and using Excel to convert to to dbf format by hand. We would like to
automate this and eliminate the text file step.

Thanks.

Matt Harting

---

Dave Graham

Feb 6, 2004, 3:14:05 PM2/6/04
Matt -

The specs can be found at:

http://www.wotsit.org/

but you might want to consider using the CONVERT.EXE program by Bruce
Guthrie (http://www.erols.com/waynesof) - it's free, fairly easy to
configer and it seems to work fine for the XBASE-type files (that's
what a .dbf file is)

Regards,

Dave Graham

Bob Marik

Feb 6, 2004, 3:29:54 PM2/6/04
Matt:
The Viaduct terminal emulator has an import function for File Transfers to
various formats including .dbf . I assume that Accuterm and the other
terminal emulators have this function as well.
Bob Marik

"Dave Graham" <Dgr...@storis.com> wrote in message

Matthew Harting

Feb 6, 2004, 3:39:52 PM2/6/04
Thanks. That was just what I was looking for.

Matt

Patrick Payne

Feb 7, 2004, 1:00:40 PM2/7/04
If you have access to perl (linux has it automatically) you can use
cpan modules to gain direct access to xbase files. I used this years
ago to both read and write to dbase files that were concurrently being
used by foxpro.

http://search.cpan.org/~janpaz/DBD-XBase-0.241/lib/XBase.pm

- Patrick