Passing of Bruce Nichol - Talon Computer Services

Ross Ferris

Mar 25, 2007, 7:38:04 PM3/25/07
I have just learned that Bruce Nichol of Talon Computer Services
(Albury/NSW/Australia), a frequent contributor to this forum & long
time "pick" advocate, has passed away. He will be sorely missed

Ross Ferris
Stamina Software
Visage > Better by Design!

Tracy Raines

Mar 25, 2007, 8:58:47 PM3/25/07
I'm stunned.

RIP Bruce.

bgr...@bigpond.net.au

Mar 25, 2007, 10:54:58 PM3/25/07
Some what stuck for words, Bruce will be sorely missed.

RIP

Ross Ferris

Mar 26, 2007, 12:28:46 AM3/26/07
> > Visage > Better by Design!- Hide quoted text -

Ross Ferris

Mar 26, 2007, 12:29:06 AM3/26/07
On Mar 26, 12:54 pm, bgra...@bigpond.net.au wrote:
> > Visage > Better by Design!- Hide quoted text -

I guess he finally fixed it!!

Geoff Goodchild

Mar 26, 2007, 1:41:23 AM3/26/07

This is a bit of a shock. I used to work with Bruce at AWA in the old
days & have only recently resumed contact through this forum. Do you
have any more details?

Geoff

Excalibur

Mar 26, 2007, 3:22:30 AM3/26/07
Hi Ross
I am stunned the bugger was younger than me and at least as verbose. What
happened?
RIP
Peter McMurray
"Ross Ferris" <ro...@stamina.com.au> wrote in message

Martin Phillips

Mar 26, 2007, 8:35:28 AM3/26/07
> What happened?

We heard a while back that he was in hospital with liver failure. He
came out in early February and we believed that he was recovering.
Whilst we have heard no details, we must assume that he had a relapse.

He will be very much missed by many of us.

Martin Phillips, Ladybridge Systems.

Excalibur

Mar 26, 2007, 6:02:32 PM3/26/07
Hi Martin
Thank you. It was his dedication to the QM product that made me look and
now you have come up withh something really unique in the PDA. So Bruce
affected my life quite strongly without ever knowing it.
Peter McMurray

"Martin Phillips" <MartinP...@ladybridge.com> wrote in message

Jeff Caspari

Mar 27, 2007, 7:47:44 AM3/27/07
It's such a weird and personal feeling when someone in this close-knit group
passes. I never met Bruce though I feel as though we were friends through
our years of exchanges in this forum. An electronic relationship, really,
but a significant one.

Perphaps I can just say that I feel close to all of the contributors in the
group and I want each of you to know that I care about you and wish you
well. Some of the petty 'hostility' is only natural in a family and doesn't
detract in the slightist for me.

Please take a moment to feel the warmth and know that I care about you.

Jeff

Chandru Murthi

Mar 27, 2007, 9:50:43 AM3/27/07
Well put, Jeff. We do develop, for good or bad, a relationship with
contributors. It takes bad news sometimes to make us realize the
"friendship" involved even via emails.

If anyone knows Bruce's family, perhaps they can convey the group's
collective condolences.

Chandru

"Jeff Caspari" <FDFD...@sneakernet.com.invalid> wrote in message

latimerp

Mar 27, 2007, 5:58:27 PM3/27/07
Requiescat in pace.(May he rest in peace)

Bruce could always take care of himself.
Maybe that's why he expended so much energy
elsewhere.

Patrick <:=}

Luke Webber

Mar 29, 2007, 8:53:11 AM3/29/07
Ross Ferris wrote:
> I have just learned that Bruce Nichol of Talon Computer Services
> (Albury/NSW/Australia), a frequent contributor to this forum & long
> time "pick" advocate, has passed away. He will be sorely missed

Shit. This has been a bad news week for me. Bruce will be missed.

Luke

dawn

Apr 3, 2007, 12:00:55 PM4/3/07

I'm catching up, so I'm late with condolences, but wanted to pipe up
to agree that Bruce will be missed. I'm so sorry to hear of his
passing. Thanks for letting us know, Ross. --dawn

mvdbman

Apr 4, 2007, 12:29:40 PM4/4/07

I am also late in reading this surprising news. Being the "other
Bruce" I was sometimes mistaken for him...by name only. I echo the
thoughts expressed by the rest in this close electronic family and
Bruce will indeed be missed. Our numbers dwindle.

-Bruce H

dawn

Apr 4, 2007, 1:13:40 PM4/4/07
On Mar 26, 2:22 am, "Excalibur" <excalibu...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> Hi Ross
> I am stunned the bugger was younger than me and at least as verbose.

How old was Bruce? --dawn

> What
> happened?
> RIP

Tony Gravagno

Apr 4, 2007, 2:46:30 PM4/4/07
I've delayed response on this because I've been trying to articulate
the sentiment of loss that I feel when we get bad news like this. I
can't, it just 'is', and it hits hard every time. A close friend of
mine died almost two years ago and nothing has been normal since.
I think Jeff expressed it pretty well. I will miss Bruce.

When Dave Weaver died there was concern about his wife Robin, and
trying to ensure that she didn't lose the business and income that
Dave had built for his family over the years. There was similar
concern for Jeff Burslem's family when he went. I don't know Bruce's
family situation or if he had any business partners but I hope someone
is available to help them to cope with this aspect of their loss.

Best to all,

Excalibur

Apr 4, 2007, 6:28:32 PM4/4/07

"dawn" <dawnwo...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Mar 26, 2:22 am, "Excalibur" <excalibu...@bigpond.com> wrote:
> > Hi Ross
> > I am stunned the bugger was younger than me and at least as verbose.
>
> How old was Bruce? --dawn
Hi Dawn
We had a deal of correspondence about jitterbugging etc wherein we
established that his big sister was out clubbing circa 1959 whilst he was at
home. I believe that we settled on his being close to 60 which as you know
is the new 50 hardly middle aged. Personally I am like most males stuck
internally at 25 but having a misfitted body, life is so unfair , just when
you start to understand the answers it pulls the rug from underneath you.
Now ,thanks to Bruce, I am spending Easter setting up QM on a PDA and
setting off to Sydney next week to discuss possible clients.
Regards
Peter McMurray

Ed Sheehan

Apr 5, 2007, 9:37:47 AM4/5/07
When I was a kid, I asked my grandmother how old she was. She said, "39 and
holding." I said, "How old would you be if you let go?"

RIP Bruce.

Ed

"Excalibur" <excal...@bigpond.com> wrote in message