Dave Trahan wants to know the Oracle password algorithm so
he can check for weak passwords. When I was the project
lead for Trusted Oracle I designed the new password algorithm
that is used in versions 6, 7, and later. I presented the
details at a Bay Area Trusted System Symposium so I am not
revealing any information that is not already in the puiblic
domain. Here are some of the details as I remember them.
2. Must support usernames and passwords that include non-ascii
3. If different users have the same password, then the one-way
4. Long passwords are supported.
2. Using DES in cipher block feedback mode compute the CBC checksum for
3. Upshift password, and convert to 16bits per character, and place
4. Using DES in cipher block feedback mode compute the CBC checksum
5. Convert the CBC checksum from step 4 into a printable string with
You must Sign in before you can post messages.
To post a message you must first join this group.
Please update your nickname on the subscription settings page before posting.
You do not have the permission required to post.