NEED CASH??? HERE'S HOW TO GET IT!!!

Jim Lee

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

Hmmm, these are multi-level marketers...! Why don't we send all reply
back to THESE messages attaching at least 5MB+! If your link capable
for bigger attached file like may be 20MB+, cool! What if somebody
send me such big attachment? Well, go to my Unix shell SMTP!
In article <01bbac29$56e05680$495f...@MikeD.awinc.com>,
mde...@crestbrook.com says...

>We should all reply back to these messages and let them receive
hundreds of
>useless messages. maybe they'll get the idea!
>

>Brad Weiner <ala...@henge.com> wrote in article
><524b3g$e...@henge2.henge.com>...
>> THIS IS THE TESTIMONY OF SOMEBODY WHO GAINED FINANCIAL SECURITY
THROUGH
>> THIS PROGRAM!! PLEASE READ ON TO HEAR HOW THIS SIMPLE $5 INVESTMENT
CAN
>> CAUSE YOUR INCOME TO INCREASE:

**
>> ****
>> This is not a "Get rich quick scheme" or a Pyramid scheme. It is

Keld Sorensen

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96
to Brad Weiner

You have posted an illegal pyramid scheme and/or chain letter on the usenet.

Your post has been forwarded to:
Bureau of Consumer Protection (dme...@ftc.gov)
Fraud Dept. of IRS (1040...@irs.gov)
National Fraud Information Center (nf...@internetmci.com)

These agencies are interested in unreported taxable income and
fraud in general. In your posting you claimed large incomes
- this will be of interest to the IRS - you can look forward to an audit!!!

Your postmaster has also been notified of your illegal actions -
you can probably look forward to having your account closed.

Fred R. Goldstein

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

In article <524b3g$e...@henge2.henge.com> ala...@henge.com (Brad Weiner) writes:
>From: ala...@henge.com (Brad Weiner)

>5. Brad Weiner
> 11445 East Cimmarron Drive
> Englewood, CO 80111

Now this poor boy has spammed dozens of technical newsgroups with this illegal
postal lottery. Do you think somebody should call up his mommy and daddy and
ask them to control him? From a well-known web directory service:

Janet L Weiner and Richard A Weiner (above address)
303 770 0934

If you do call, be polite.

--
Fred R. Goldstein k1io fgold...@bbn.com
BBN Corp., Cambridge MA USA +1 617 873 3850

Beverley Williams

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

Keld Sorensen <Ke...@uic.edu> wrote:

Your post has been forwarded to:
> Bureau of Consumer Protection (dme...@ftc.gov)
> Fraud Dept. of IRS (1040...@irs.gov)
> National Fraud Information Center (nf...@internetmci.com)
>
>These agencies are interested in unreported taxable income and
>fraud in general. In your posting you claimed large incomes
>- this will be of interest to the IRS - you can look forward to an audit!!!
>
>Your postmaster has also been notified of your illegal actions -
>you can probably look forward to having your account closed.

Nice move!
It really bugs me that there are so many of these things floating around
the newsgroups. Do they think we are all so gullible. I notice that
all the people claiming to have made so mucn money all tell a similar
tale of woe and poverty, yet still find $5 and postage to start the ball
rolling. Also they seem unworried about the phone bill when connecting to
these "couple of hundred newsgroups" !! Hey ho! Call me synical if you
like.

Todd Fraser

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96
to Beverley Williams

Beverley Williams wrote:

> Nice move!
> It really bugs me that there are so many of these things floating around
> the newsgroups. Do they think we are all so gullible. I notice that
> all the people claiming to have made so mucn money all tell a similar
> tale of woe and poverty, yet still find $5 and postage to start the ball
> rolling. Also they seem unworried about the phone bill when connecting to
> these "couple of hundred newsgroups" !! Hey ho! Call me synical if you
> like.

Hi Bev...I agree, but I can't help feeling kinda sorry for the poor slob
who posted the message. It's probably just some selfish, lame person
with no sense of ettiquette and protocol who got overexcited, lost a few
night's sleep dreaming about all the money they'd make if they got any
kind of response from this, and couldn't resist posting their little
spiel.

I drew an audit once (random, not deserved) and believe me, it was no
fun. This person is in for all sorts of trouble now, or at least,
probably scared to death...

We're obviously not dealing with any kind or a pro here...

I guess I kinda shine it on, as I would a friend who got overenthusiastic
about Amway or something, invited me to dinner, or coffee or something,
and then tried to get me to sign up (this has happened to me a few times,
has it ever happened to you?)

....Perhaps just a misguided fool who's fulla dreams and blather...

I hate to sound to bleeding heart about this; It just suddenly occurred
to me how mortified and terror-stricken I would be if it was me who'd
committed this mistake.

All that BS in their life now, just for one posting.

I think I'd be more inclined to threaten to do it if I saw a posting from
them again if similar ilk.

Anyway...just my thoughts on the matter...I really agree that this stuff
bogs the net and junk mail is a problem...I just wish there were some
other way to handle it.

(Hey...come to think of it, maybe derisive, contemptuous pity is another
way to get even...???)

Regards...

....Todd Fraser

Frank Z. Gligic

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96
to jim...@boxes.com

You wrote: ***********************************************************

Hmmm, these are multi-level marketers...! Why don't we send all reply
back to THESE messages attaching at least 5MB+! If your link capable
for bigger attached file like may be 20MB+, cool! What if somebody
send me such big attachment? Well, go to my Unix shell SMTP!

******** DO NOT DO THE ABOVE *************************************
The unfortunate side effect would be the 'killing off' of the poor
and innocent ISP (internet service provider) to which these slimes
subscribe. Let the law enforcement authorities deal with it.

Regards.
Frank Z. Gligic | Read the manuals ? You need Virtual Professor
zdr...@netcom.ca | Bought the book ? V.P. the Product
Toronto, CANADA | Still CONFUSED ? (:Under CONSTRUCTION:)

Keld Sorensen

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96
to Beverley Williams

Hi Bev - you could help out by doing the same thing,
i.e. forward all claims of large incomes to the "tax man"
- these are indeed taxable incomes ! I do check that there
is a US address on the list in the spam before doing it.

So maybe you could find the e-mail addresses for the
same type of "forward the crap to the tax man" message
in your country (the .uk)

Keld.

Keld Sorensen

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96
to Todd Fraser

Hi Todd -
let us try your approaches too!
i.e. the "are you an idiot or what?" approach -
Give it to the spammers from both barrels!!!

I have just read too many "chain letter" spams -
and if these people really did make $50,000 then
they should obviousl pay the tax !!

Why should we be nicer to anybody who spams than
to anybody who snail mails a chain letter (I also
forward snail mail chain letters to the same people!)
So let us try both systems and let us not worry about
the hurt feelings of the spamming morons who were out
to get YOUR dollar into their pocket!!!!!! (so they are not
THAT stupid!!) ;)

Keld.

David J Roth

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

Keld Sorensen wrote:

> You have posted an illegal pyramid scheme and/or chain letter on the usenet.
>
> Your post has been forwarded to:
> Bureau of Consumer Protection (dme...@ftc.gov)
> Fraud Dept. of IRS (1040...@irs.gov)
> National Fraud Information Center (nf...@internetmci.com)
>
> These agencies are interested in unreported taxable income and
> fraud in general. In your posting you claimed large incomes
> - this will be of interest to the IRS - you can look forward to an audit!!!
>
> Your postmaster has also been notified of your illegal actions -
> you can probably look forward to having your account closed.

This is the way to go!

The common response to spam seems to be ..flame back enmass..
Basically stoop the the same level as the offender.

Keld's approach sounds much more "professional" and may be a lot more effective.

Jeffrey Allen Frady

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

Just pray that these criminals who would post the processed "meat"
product don't retaliate in some more harmful way, like e-mailed viruses
or mass-releases of your personal information to the Playgirl magazine
mailing list. ;) We've got to get these deviant business (read: scam,
scam, scam, scam, glorious scam) artists off of the net and back onto
late night cable channels where they belong!

Dave Sparks

Sep 27, 1996, 3:00:00 AM9/27/96

In article <324BF3...@ix.netcom.com>,
Todd Fraser <tod...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> It really bugs me that there are so many of these things floating around
>> the newsgroups. Do they think we are all so gullible. I notice that
>> all the people claiming to have made so mucn money all tell a similar
>> tale of woe and poverty, yet still find $5 and postage to start the ball
>> rolling. Also they seem unworried about the phone bill when connecting to
>> these "couple of hundred newsgroups" !! Hey ho! Call me synical if you
>> like.
>
>Hi Bev...I agree, but I can't help feeling kinda sorry for the poor slob
>who posted the message. It's probably just some selfish, lame person
>with no sense of ettiquette and protocol who got overexcited, lost a few
>night's sleep dreaming about all the money they'd make if they got any
>kind of response from this, and couldn't resist posting their little
>spiel.

It takes a little naivete' to take an existing chain letter and
merely add your name to the BOTTOM as the instructions say. I
wonder how many people "cheat" and add their name to the TOP,
of one, instead? <g>

---
Dave Sparks mailto:dsp...@pobox.com
Home Page: http://www.pobox.com/~dsparks/
Receive a FREE pager: http://www.pobox.com/~dsparks/pager.html
Opportunities to make/save money: http://www.pobox.com/~dsparks/mmsm.html

Joel Garry

Oct 1, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/1/96

In article <324C24...@adaptron.com> David J Roth <dr...@adaptron.com> writes:
>Keld Sorensen wrote:
>>
>> You have posted an illegal pyramid scheme and/or chain letter on the usenet.
>>
>> Your post has been forwarded to:
>> Bureau of Consumer Protection (dme...@ftc.gov)
>> Fraud Dept. of IRS (1040...@irs.gov)
>> National Fraud Information Center (nf...@internetmci.com)
>>
>> These agencies are interested in unreported taxable income and
>> fraud in general. In your posting you claimed large incomes
>> - this will be of interest to the IRS - you can look forward to an audit!!!
>>
>> Your postmaster has also been notified of your illegal actions -
>> you can probably look forward to having your account closed.
>
>This is the way to go!
>
>The common response to spam seems to be ..flame back enmass..
>Basically stoop the the same level as the offender.
>
>Keld's approach sounds much more "professional" and may be a lot more effective.

So we spam the fraud reporting lines, that's better? All of this is going
to lead to another round of government control, as regular people get
tired of the spams and look to big brother for the fix. Sigh.

--
Joel Garry joe...@rossinc.com Compuserve 70661,1534
These are my opinions, not necessarily those of Ross Systems, Inc. <> <>

Bob Brennan

Oct 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/4/96

get it like I do...WORK FOR IT!

Ron Ripley

Oct 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/5/96

On 4 Oct 1996, Bob Brennan wrote:

> get it like I do...WORK FOR IT!

perfect response, I could not agree more!

Ron Ripley, Manager Western Network Operations
e>Connect, 1699, 650 W Georgia, Vancouver British Columbia
email : rri...@econnect.ca -- WWW: http://www.econnect.ca
Telephone : 604.602.6580 -- Toll Free : 888.585.5633

Ron Ripley

Oct 5, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/5/96

On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Joel Garry wrote:

I don;t quite think we are going to spam the goverment, however, I just
am checking this group out and instead of looking for help with ATM, I
saw this... <sigh> let's get on with life and build bigger atm networks.

> Date: Tue, 1 OCT 1996 21:12:31 GMT
> From: Joel Garry <joe...@rossinc.com>
> Newgroups: comp.databases.ingres, comp.databases.ms-access,
> comp.databases.object, comp.databases.olap, comp.databases.oracle,
> comp.databases.paradox, comp.databases.pick, comp.databases.progress,
> comp.databases.rdb, comp.databases.sybase, comp.databases.theory,
> comp.databases.xbase.fox, comp.databases.xbase.misc,
> comp.dcom.cabling, comp.dcom.cell-relay, comp.dcom.fax,
> comp.dcom.frame-relay, comp.dcom.isdn, comp.dcom.lans.ethernet,
> comp.dcom.lans.fddi, comp.dcom.lans.misc, comp.dcom.lans.token-ring,
> comp.dcom.modems
> Subject: Re: NEED CASH??? HERE'S HOW TO GET IT!!!

mar...@ibm.net

Oct 7, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/7/96

Ron Ripley wrote:

> On 4 Oct 1996, Bob Brennan wrote:
> >
> > get it like I do...WORK FOR IT!
> >

> perfect response, I could not agree more!
Get an instance, a job or rob a Brains Trust.

MJ

Sol Shapiro

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

Ron Ripley <rri...@lone.econnect.ca> wrote:

::>On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Joel Garry wrote:

::>I don;t quite think we are going to spam the goverment, however, I just
::>am checking this group out and instead of looking for help with ATM, I
::>saw this... <sigh> let's get on with life and build bigger atm networks.

Would it not be just as simple to ignore it ??

I know these are an annoyance, and are not welcome, but I would
suspect that unless something drastic is done, i.e. Governement
intervention (and I, personally,do not want that to happen) or bombard
their ISP's with MB's of trash to prove that we can, which means more
effort on our part, I think just using the DEL key is the more
effective, though passive method.

In any case that is my 2¢ worth.

Sol.

Rich Hurd

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

The best thing you can do is simply copy the header from the spam and send
it to postmaster@their-domain (it's almost certainly the domain that is
named by the line "NNTP-Posting-Host".) This is very effective since most
ISPs have ZERO tolerance for this garbage and will either cancel their
account or give them a stern warning to never pull this crap again.

Sol Shapiro <sha...@pathcom.com> wrote in article
<541lb7$n...@news.pathcom.com>...

Joel Garry

Oct 16, 1996, 3:00:00 AM10/16/96

In article <541lb7$n...@news.pathcom.com> sha...@pathcom.com writes:
>Ron Ripley <rri...@lone.econnect.ca> wrote:
>
>::>On Tue, 1 Oct 1996, Joel Garry wrote:
>
>::>I don;t quite think we are going to spam the goverment, however, I just
>::>am checking this group out and instead of looking for help with ATM, I
>::>saw this... <sigh> let's get on with life and build bigger atm networks.
>
>Would it not be just as simple to ignore it ??

Yes, but watch your attribution lines.

Sol Shapiro