sqlldr direct load: ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

sul...@gmail.com

May 3, 2006, 9:39:04 PM5/3/06
I am trying to use sqlldr's direct=t feature, but I get the following
errors while loading.

sqlldr userid=xxx/yyy@db02 control=file.ctl direct=y

SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization
ORA-00942: table or view does not exist

If I don't use direct=y, the sqlldr command works.
( sqlldr userid=xxx/yyy@db02 control=file.ctl ).

I have been trying to find a solution for this question on the google
groups, but I don't find anyone answering this question. I am doing
append in the control file. And the table to which I am loading is
empty.

Can someone help with this problem?
Thanks in advance..
deena

Message has been deleted

Laurenz Albe

May 4, 2006, 5:35:55 AM5/4/06
sul...@gmail.com wrote:
> I am trying to use sqlldr's direct=t featuer, but I get the following

> errors while loading.
>
> sqlldr userid=xxx/yyy@db02 control=file.ctl direct=y
>
> SQL*Loader-951: Error calling once/load initialization
> ORA-00942: table or view does not exist
>
> If I don't use direct=y, the sqlldr command works.
> ( sqlldr userid=xxx/yyy@db02 control=file.ctl ).
>
> I have been trying to find a solution for this question on the google
> groups, but I don't find anyone answering this question. I am doing
> append in the control file. And the table to which I am loading is
> empty.

You do not even tell us which version of what you are using.

Could it be that you hit Bug 2341550 described in Metalink note 208750.1?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

sul...@gmail.com

May 5, 2006, 3:19:06 AM5/5/06
My oracle version is as follows:

Oracle9i Release 9.2.0.1.0 - Production

SQL*Plus: Release 10.1.0.3.0 - Production

is there patch for the bug mentioned above, if at all that is what the
problem is? How do i confirm if it is the Bug 2341550 ?

Thanks,
deena

Laurenz Albe

May 5, 2006, 4:56:37 AM5/5/06

You'll find all that by reading the Metalink note I mentioned in my
last post.

If you don't have Metalink access (Metalink is Oracle's support site),
you cannot get patches anyway and the information will probably not help
you.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

sul...@gmail.com

May 5, 2006, 3:32:16 PM5/5/06
Thanks Laurenz,

I have mailed our sys admin to see if we have the Oracle support
contract.
Hope we have..

Thanks again,
Deena

sul...@gmail.com

May 6, 2006, 4:08:53 AM5/6/06
Hi Laurenz,
I have got access to Metaling now. But I am not very sure how to
proceed.
It mentiones about creating a public synonym for the table in question.
But I have many such tables for which I want to use direct load. Is it
a good practice to create too many public synonyms?

Is there any other way? I don't see any patches for the bug?

Thanks,
Deena

Laurenz Albe

May 8, 2006, 4:00:12 AM5/8/06

I would try the workaround on one table and determine that way if this
really is your problem.

If the workaround succeeds, you have some evidence that you actually hit
the bug mentioned.

Then I would recommend that you open a service request via Metalink and
ask Oracle what they suggest that you so.
Include all your findings in the service request.
Do not create the service request in the category 'other issues ...' because
it will cause the service request to be processed slower.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

sul...@gmail.com

May 25, 2006, 1:57:20 PM5/25/06
Hi Laurenz,
It took a while for me to work on this one. The workaround also failed.
I created a synonym table and tried to load it, but I still get the
same error.

Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
deena