Configuring Forms 6i

Dick Barton

Nov 28, 2002, 4:08:38 AM11/28/02
After installing Developer 6i the Configuration Information file
asks me to create several 'Virtual Paths' eg

[ACTION] Please configure the following virtual path with your
web listener: /jinitiator for physical directory F:\oracle\orant\JINIT.

What does oracle mean by a 'virtual path' and how do I do it?

I am using both Win98 and Win2000

--
Dick Barton

NinjaToy

Nov 28, 2002, 5:26:49 AM11/28/02
The virtual path is an 'alias' in your web server to
point at a physical directory on your drive.

ie. www.webserver.com/jinitiator/
you set up jinitiator directory to be
F:\downloads\jinitiator\

If you are using apache you edit this in your httpd.conf
file and bounce it.

I think oracle's own webserver has a variation on this.

Dick Barton wrote:

--
Suzuki SV650S - plop.  Gone.
Kwak ZX-6R J2 - hear the roar

Dick Barton

Nov 29, 2002, 9:41:28 AM11/29/02
Ninja
Thanks for a reply.. I may be a bit thick but what does 'bounce it' mean.
Secondly, I have not played about with the httpd.conf file as its 42kb size
is a bit daunting.
Are you suggesting I add an ALIAS for \jinitiator using the ALIAS syntax I
see can be used in that file?
THX
DickB

"NinjaToy" <LCIYQB...@spammotel.com> wrote in message

Noodles

Nov 30, 2002, 9:11:39 AM11/30/02
DickB,

Bounce = restart OR
Bounce = cold boot
Bounce = shutdown
Bounce = power down and restart

My favorite is "bounce with extreme prejudice" which means power down, unplug
it, go to lunch, come back, threaten the CPU with a hammer, and then restart.

I should mention that scope of "bounce" is the usually at the machine level,
but with the n-tier architectures, some people "bounce" a process; such as stop
and restart a tcp/ip broker or listener.

Cliff

andi

Dec 2, 2002, 4:18:42 AM12/2/02
You don't need directly edit the httpd.conf

Put at the last line of httpd.conf below statement: (make your changes to
reflect your drive/folder name) if it does not exist.

include "e:\ORACLE\iSuites\Apache\Apache\conf\oracle_apache.conf"

Then in the same folder as httpd.conf. create one text file named
oracle_apache.conf if it does not exist.

Put below statements inside your oracle_apache.conf
include "e:\ORACLE\iSuites\Apache\Apache\conf\6iserver.conf"

then the last thing
create one text file named 6iserver.conf which contains below statements:

# Required virtual paths for Forms and Reports components
Alias /webcache/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\reports60\server\cache/"
Alias /dev60html/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\tools\web60\html/"
Alias /forms60java/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\forms60/java/"
Alias /jinitiator/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\jinit/"
Alias /dev60temp/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\tools\web60\temp/"
Alias /images/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\webdb\images/"

#Required virtual paths for Forms and Reports Demo
Alias /rep60demo/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\tools\devdem60\demo\reports/"
Alias /forms60demo/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\tools\devdem60\web/"
Alias /web_qt/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\tools\doc60\us/

AddType video/avi .avi
AddType video/x-msvideo .avi
AddType video/msvideo .avi

ScriptAlias /dev60cgi/ "h:\oracle\dev6i\tools\web60\cgi/"

-Andi

"Dick Barton" <dickb...@brixworth38.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message