11g Released Today

DA Morgan

Aug 9, 2007, 9:48:58 PM8/9/07
Oracle released 11.1.0.6 on Linux today.

The links for the 11g docs are on the psoug.org website ... click on the
11g icon (top center)

The link to the download page is just below it.

Morgan's Library has now been updated and contains substantial new 11g
functionality including but not limited to:

New native compilation capabilities

New compound table triggers

New CONTINUE statement for loops

New DBMS_AUTO_TASK_ADMIN package

New DBMS_HPROF hierarchical profiler ... and this is a gem

New DBMS_NETWORK_ACL built-in packages that affect UTL_SMTP, UTL_MAIL,
UTL_HTTP, UTL_INADDR and UTL_TCP capabilities

More than 60 new parameters and procedures in DBMS_STATS

New Result Cache and DBMS_RESULT_CACHE built in package and associated hint

New FLASHBACK ARCHIVE that extends FLASHBACK QUERY, FLASHBACK TABLE, and
FLASHBACK VERSION phenomenally. This is also referred to in market-speak
as TOTAL RECALL: And it is.

New Table Trigger FOLLOWS clause

New INVISIBLE indexes

A demonstration using the PARENT Correlation name with instead-of triggers

New PL/SQL object settings

New, and greatly enhanced, warning capabilities with DBMS_WARNING.

New VIRTUAL table columns

And if anyone cares to know ... this is not a promotional message for
Morgan's Library as everyone here already knows it exists. This is a
blatant promotional message for 11gR1 which I have now worked with for
months and which is a wonderful enhancement that will keep Oracle the
leader in commercial databases and keep all of us employed.

In the my lab I currently have 11g running on five servers and have
a 2 node RAC cluster that has been up for more than a month without a
single issue.

Thanks Mr. Townsend. Thanks. Mr. Hardie. And thanks to everyone that
works with you. Great job.
--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

hjr.p...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2007, 2:33:40 AM8/10/07
> damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

Just in case any Ubuntu users want to know how to install it:

http://www.dizwell.com/prod/node/929

(which is, I realise, a shameless promotional message for Dizwell!)

Personally, I don't see an awful lot to get excited about.

There are clearly some gems, aimed squarely at Enterprise Edition Data
Warehouses. Finer-grained partitioning, for example, along with
parallelised backups of large tablespaces.

There's a lot there for developers, too.

Virtual columns and invisible indexes are definitely useful

...but generally, I look at it and think: so? If you're not big-end of
town, if you're not developing applications like crazy... there's
really nothing as compelling as, say, ASM in 10g, automatic undo in 9i
or LMTs in 8i.

That doesn't mean Daniel's enthusiasm is misplaced, incidentally; just
that he's got a difference audience in mind, I think, than me.

hjr.p...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2007, 3:13:27 AM8/10/07

Oh, I should have mentioned 'Database Replay' -the ability to capture
a workload on production and replay it on the dev box... Very handy,
and a boon to most DBAs, I would have thought.

Regards
HJR

Frank van Bortel

Aug 10, 2007, 5:29:53 AM8/10/07

Frank van Bortel

Aug 10, 2007, 5:31:38 AM8/10/07

hjr.p...@gmail.com

Aug 10, 2007, 8:30:47 AM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 7:29 pm, Frank van Bortel <frank.van.bor...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> hjr.pyth...@gmail.com wrote:
>
> > Oh, I should have mentioned 'Database Replay' -the ability to capture
> > a workload on production and replay it on the dev box... Very handy,
> > and a boon to most DBAs, I would have thought.
>
> Rolling Upgrades?

If it works as well as the promised rolling RAC patches in 10g...

But seriously... It's not something I get that excited about.

Of course, everyone can point to something and say, 'What about...?'
But it's the show-stopping 'oooh!' features I'm talking about. Being
able to upgrade your Oracle installation on-the-fly might be a
convenience and might even be a big convenience. But an 'oh my God,
how did we ever manage without that' it most definitely aint, I'd say!

Feel free to swoon, however.

Richard Foote

Aug 10, 2007, 8:32:40 AM8/10/07
"DA Morgan" <damo...@psoug.org> wrote in message

Hi Daniel

Hidden away is a little enhancement that now allows you to collect histogram
information on combined multiple columns or column groups. This provides the
CBO with information on the distribution of data between columns so that it
can correctly calculate the cardinality of a predicate when two (or more)
columns are specified but the distribution of data across values is not
evenly distributed. Classic example being the number of Gemini's born in
January can now be correctly calculated.

I've been begging for this capability for years and it has finally arrived.
Now if 12g it can just collect these statistics across different tables,
well I might be tempted to go live with Release 1 !!

The ability to open a standby database in read-only mode and have it in
recovery mode at the same time is very very nice as well.

Looking forward to the AIX version of 11g ...

Cheers

Richard

Steve Howard

Aug 10, 2007, 9:50:42 AM8/10/07
On Aug 10, 2:33 am, hjr.pyth...@gmail.com wrote:

> There are clearly some gems, aimed squarely at Enterprise Edition Data

> Warehouses. ... parallelised backups of large tablespaces.

This is pretty big, for us. That was a huge "gotcha" when we started
using bigfile tablespaces in 10g (serialized backups).

DA Morgan

Aug 10, 2007, 11:45:35 AM8/10/07

Acceptable given the magnitude of the event.

> Personally, I don't see an awful lot to get excited about.
>
> There are clearly some gems, aimed squarely at Enterprise Edition Data
> Warehouses. Finer-grained partitioning, for example, along with
> parallelised backups of large tablespaces.
>
> There's a lot there for developers, too.
>
> Virtual columns and invisible indexes are definitely useful
>
> ...but generally, I look at it and think: so? If you're not big-end of
> town, if you're not developing applications like crazy... there's
> really nothing as compelling as, say, ASM in 10g, automatic undo in 9i
> or LMTs in 8i.
>
> That doesn't mean Daniel's enthusiasm is misplaced, incidentally; just
> that he's got a difference audience in mind, I think, than me.

Exactly. My audience is the audience that will embrace these new
features with gusto.

Have you looked at the new table compression? I'd be interested in your
opinion after you look at it. It seems to be good enough for serious
consideration in most circumstances.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

damo...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

DA Morgan

Aug 10, 2007, 11:47:25 AM8/10/07
Frank van Bortel wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
>
>> Thanks Mr. Townsend. Thanks. Mr. Hardie. And thanks to everyone that
>> works with you. Great job.
>
> You were appointed Oracle ACE - this will do.
> - --
> Regards,
> Frank van Bortel

Now Ace Director and yes the burden I must now carry is huge.

For one thing I have to be a bit more careful when driving in Redmond
Washington. <g>

DA Morgan

Aug 10, 2007, 11:48:50 AM8/10/07

dbms_stats has 63, IIRC, new parameters and procedures. Statistics
collection has been changed in a big way.

Palooka

Aug 11, 2007, 5:16:26 PM8/11/07
"Richard Foote"

> The ability to open a standby database in read-only mode and have it in
> recovery mode at the same time is very very nice as well.

Yes, that sounds good. Upside: Avoids the need to do the overnight 'catch up
with the logs'. Downside: Sometimes the business folk feel comfortable in
the knowledge that their reports are definitely 'as at close of play
yesterday'.

It's nice to have options though.

Palooka.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 11, 2007, 10:02:06 PM8/11/07
On Aug 10, 11:47 am, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote:
> Frank van Bortel wrote:
>
> > DA Morgan wrote:
>
> >> Thanks Mr. Townsend. Thanks. Mr. Hardie. And thanks to everyone that
> >> works with you. Great job.
>
> > You were appointed Oracle ACE - this will do.
> > - --
> > Regards,
> > Frank van Bortel
>
> Now Ace Director and yes the burden I must now carry is huge.
>
> For one thing I have to be a bit more careful when driving in Redmond
> Washington. <g>
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

I will also like to congratulate Danie Morgan for being an Oracle Ace
Director. I am hoping that this will make
him less arrogant than more arrogant. No one can doubt his knowledge
of Oracle and contributions to Oracle community, but tone of his
of view.

DA Morgan

Aug 12, 2007, 2:09:42 PM8/12/07
zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> but tone of his responses many times shows that he does not understand
> other's point of view.

Or perhaps I do but chooses to disagree. I am who I am. <g>

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

damo...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

matthi...@gmail.com

Aug 13, 2007, 11:11:02 AM8/13/07
On Aug 10, 3:48 am, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote:
> Oracle released 11.1.0.6 on Linux today.

Oh no !!! They removed the RBO !! :-)

DA Morgan

Aug 13, 2007, 11:38:40 AM8/13/07

For those looking for a reason to whine they did remove bdump
and udump and their associated init parameters are ignored. <g>

Paul Linehan

Aug 15, 2007, 4:36:55 PM8/15/07

DA Morgan wrote:

> > but tone of his responses many times shows that he does not
> > understand other's point of view.

> Or perhaps I do but chooses to disagree. I am who I am. <g>

Are you saying that you want to come out of the file system?

8-)

Paul...

sybr...@hccnet.nl

Aug 15, 2007, 5:42:33 PM8/15/07
On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:02:06 -0700, zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:

>I will also like to congratulate Danie Morgan for being an Oracle Ace
>Director. I am hoping that this will make
>him less arrogant than more arrogant.

Pott<->Kettle<->Black.
Your comment is, as usual, preposterous.
Why do you at the same time congratulate him and flame him?
This very clearly shows your comment is unjustified and you should
look in the mirror more often,

--
Sybrand Bakker
Senior Oracle DBA

hpuxrac

Aug 15, 2007, 7:39:23 PM8/15/07
On Aug 15, 5:42 pm, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:

Actually I thought his comment on the arrogance factor was about
right.

I have no idea what an oracle ace director is. Certainly there's
going to be a lot of promoting of oracle products involved probably to
get that "whatever it is".

There's obviously no shortage of self promotion involved either eh?

DA Morgan

Aug 15, 2007, 8:19:38 PM8/15/07

Two possible responses: Take your pick.

1. No file cabinet can hold me!
2. I'm RAW.

DA Morgan

Aug 15, 2007, 8:24:07 PM8/15/07
hpuxrac wrote:

> I have no idea what an oracle ace director is. Certainly there's
> going to be a lot of promoting of oracle products involved probably to
> get that "whatever it is".

You should have stopped with the first sentence and found out before
stepping in it. <g> My paychecks still come from the University of
Washington.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

damo...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 15, 2007, 10:25:30 PM8/15/07
On Aug 15, 5:42 pm, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:

The terrorist DBA is back in action.

sybr...@hccnet.nl

Aug 16, 2007, 1:57:43 AM8/16/07

Who do you mean? You?
I have never been away.
If you, being an arrogant idiot, can't stand my contributions, I
suggest you killfile me, and stop your nonsensical flames.
I know what I'm talking about, you think you do, but you don't.

Alexander Skwar

Aug 16, 2007, 3:44:21 AM8/16/07
sybr...@hccnet.nl <sybr...@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> Who do you mean? You?

You're always trying hard to misunderstand everything, don't you?

> I have never been away.
> If you, being an arrogant idiot, can't stand my contributions, I
> suggest you killfile me, and stop your nonsensical flames.
> I know what I'm talking about, you think you do, but you don't.

It's at least nice to see, that you're always such an arrogant
troublemaker. Why are _you_ always trying to start flamewars?

You know, in a way I do feel sorry for you. All that frustration...
That's no good.

Maybe you should go away for some time? There's at least the
hope, that you come back a bit more relaxed and with a little
bit more tolerable attitude. Oh, and please take Daniel with
you...

Alexander Skwar

Message has been deleted

DA Morgan

Aug 16, 2007, 2:48:58 PM8/16/07
zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:

> To quote from dbaplusplus = "Sybrand Admits he is a moron"
> Sybrand is a self-appointed bully of this forum.
> Sybrand is racist (he has insulted many in paticular Indians on many
> occasions).
> Sybrand is a moron.
> Sybrand is a senior moron.
> Sybrand is a F moron.
> Sybard is a stupid moron.

Do you think, perhaps, you could drop the level of discourse and
maturity lower? You've reached for 4th grade but I think with a
bit more effort you could make it all the way to kindergarten.

Why?
Because!
Why?
Because!
Oh Yeah?
Yeah!

Please take this nonsense off-line.

Thank you.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

damo...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

sybr...@hccnet.nl

Aug 16, 2007, 3:01:35 PM8/16/07
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 03:47:39 -0700, zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Aug 16, 1:57 am, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:

>> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

>To quote from dbaplusplus = "Sybrand Admits he is a moron"
>Sybrand is a self-appointed bully of this forum.
>Sybrand is racist (he has insulted many in paticular Indians on many
>occasions).
>Sybrand is a moron.
>Sybrand is a senior moron.
>Sybrand is a F moron.
>Sybard is a stupid moron.

Dbaplusplus had no case.
Might it be by any chance *you* are dbaplusplus?
If not, why do you echo his stupid and injustified accusations?

sybr...@hccnet.nl

Aug 16, 2007, 3:02:34 PM8/16/07
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:44:21 +0200, Alexander Skwar
<alex...@skwar.name> wrote:

>It's at least nice to see, that you're always such an arrogant
>troublemaker. Why are _you_ always trying to start flamewars?

I can see the trolls are riding again.
I would suggest *you* go away, and stay away for good.

sybr...@hccnet.nl

Aug 16, 2007, 3:08:12 PM8/16/07

'Mr' Hurley (obviously you are not a gentleman, but anyway): would
please stop making your unjustified comments?
You don't even know what self promotion is!
Don't you think while you are blaming Daniel Morgan for self
promotion, you should equally blame Jonathan Lewis? References to his
book and his seminars are in his sig everytime!!!
So why 'Mr' Hurley don't you blame Jonathan Lewis?
Because you are a coward?
Because you are a hypocrite?
Because you have somethiing personal against Daniel Morgan?
If so, why don't you take it offline and stop flaming Daniel Morgan
here? Almost 40 percent of your rare contributions are devoted to
flaming Daniel Morgan! You are disgusting!!!

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 3:11:55 PM8/16/07
On Aug 16, 3:01 pm, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:
I have nothing to do with dbaplplus, but he did a good job of
describing you, so anytime you insullt, I can copy and paste his
stuff. I wish other will do the same.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 3:12:50 PM8/16/07
On Aug 16, 3:02 pm, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:
> On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 09:44:21 +0200, Alexander Skwar
>
> <alexan...@skwar.name> wrote:
> >It's at least nice to see, that you're always such an arrogant
> >troublemaker. Why are _you_ always trying to start flamewars?
>
> I can see the trolls are riding again.
> I would suggest *you* go away, and stay away for good.
>
> --
> Sybrand Bakker
> Senior Oracle DBA

You need to go away and not me. World's unique DBA who is both a DBA
and a terrorist.,

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 3:14:30 PM8/16/07
On Aug 16, 2:48 pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote:

> zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > To quote from dbaplusplus = "Sybrand Admits he is a moron"
> > Sybrand is a self-appointed bully of this forum.
> > Sybrand is racist (he has insulted many in paticular Indians on many
> > occasions).
> > Sybrand is a moron.
> > Sybrand is a senior moron.
> > Sybrand is a F moron.
> > Sybard is a stupid moron.
>
> Do you think, perhaps, you could drop the level of discourse and
> maturity lower? You've reached for 4th grade but I think with a
> bit more effort you could make it all the way to kindergarten.
>
> Why?
> Because!
> Why?
> Because!
> Oh Yeah?
> Yeah!
>
> Please take this nonsense off-line.
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

It is a shame that you support an arrogant person like Sybrand.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 3:22:55 PM8/16/07
On Aug 16, 2:48 pm, DA Morgan <damor...@psoug.org> wrote:
> zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote:
> > To quote from dbaplusplus = "Sybrand Admits he is a moron"
> > Sybrand is a self-appointed bully of this forum.
> > Sybrand is racist (he has insulted many in paticular Indians on many
> > occasions).
> > Sybrand is a moron.
> > Sybrand is a senior moron.
> > Sybrand is a F moron.
> > Sybard is a stupid moron.
>
> Do you think, perhaps, you could drop the level of discourse and
> maturity lower? You've reached for 4th grade but I think with a
> bit more effort you could make it all the way to kindergarten.
>
> Why?
> Because!
> Why?
> Because!
> Oh Yeah?
> Yeah!
>
> Please take this nonsense off-line.
>
> Thank you.
> --
> Daniel A. Morgan
> University of Washington
> damor...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

You have a created an enviornnet of arrogance in this forum by
supporting Sybrand. Please take your nonsense and childish behavior
off line. Thanks.

DA Morgan

Aug 16, 2007, 3:57:27 PM8/16/07

This isn't a schoolyard. I don't support anybody or anything. I
express personal opinions when and where I feel reason to do so.

If you have a personal problem with Sybrand get on a plane, fly
to Europe, and discuss it with him over a beer. Send him an email.
Blog yourself silly. But please don't turn this technical forum
into a playground for "Say's who ... say's me." We have Presidents
and politicians who act like children in public. There is no need
to emulate them in a technical forum.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

damo...@x.washington.edu (replace x with u to respond)

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 3:58:27 PM8/16/07
> Senior Oracle DBA- Hide quoted text -

hpuxrac's knowledge of Oracle is lot better than you. He is always
interested in helping others rather than insulting them.
People like you and Daniel can learn good behavior from Jonathen
Lewis, Howard Rogers, Joer Gary, It is a shame that you and Dan have
made this forum so unpleasant for everyone.

Message has been deleted

roger...@gmail.com

Aug 16, 2007, 4:33:51 PM8/16/07
> made this forum so unpleasant for everyone.- Hide quoted text -

While you all are beating each other up, I surfed on over to psoug.org
and and discovered that regardless of your DBs size there seems to be
enough gems in there make lots of people happy. Compound
Triggers!!!! Hooray. Virtual columns, great!. Compressed tables.
PIVOT/UNPIVOT. Not only that but some fairly good examples to get you
started to help you understand the new features.

Thanks Daniel.

Roger Gorden
Senior DBA Skila Corp.

sybr...@hccnet.nl

Aug 16, 2007, 5:25:37 PM8/16/07
On Thu, 16 Aug 2007 12:58:27 -0700, zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:

>hpuxrac's knowledge of Oracle is lot better than you. He is always
>interested in helping others rather than insulting them.
>People like you and Daniel can learn good behavior from Jonathen
>Lewis, Howard Rogers, Joer Gary, It is a shame that you and Dan have
>made this forum so unpleasant for everyone.

What's wrong with you that you make such comments?
Did you ever contribute anything to this forum except flames?
Is it just because I exposed you as an idiot who knows next to nothing
about Oracle and refuses to read documentation?
Are you so sensitive about the truth?

I would suggest you go somewhere else where they treat idiots like you
more nicely.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 6:16:51 PM8/16/07
On Aug 16, 5:25 pm, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:

Do you come from a family of terrorists or belong to some terorrist
ognaiztion? If not join some. You will got more job satistfaction

Your contributions to this forum are insults and flames. Most of what
you contribute is all described in Oracle manuals or Daniel Morgan's
invaluable library. Daniel Morgan is an Oracle Ace Director, what are
you, nothing. Jonathan Lewis and Howard Rogers have written great
books in addition to their many contributions to Oracle community Joel
Gary always provides intelligent and helpful responses, What do you
provide, arrogant and idiotic behavior, Will you ever change from
being a moron to something worthwhile, answer is never.

Ana C. Dent

Aug 16, 2007, 10:40:54 PM8/16/07
zigz...@yahoo.com wrote in news:1187302611.502142.133840
@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

POT<=>KETTLE<=>BLACK

From: zigz...@yahoo.com
Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server
Subject: Re: 11g Released Today
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:16:51 -0700

08/16/07 19:36:29 dns 148.177.1.211
nslookup 148.177.1.211
Canonical name: ecoreproxy.jnj.com
Addresses:
148.177.1.211

Registrant:
Johnson & Johnson
One Johnson & Johnson Plaza
New Brunswick, NJ 08933
US

Domain Name: JNJ.COM

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 11:03:18 PM8/16/07
On Aug 16, 10:40 pm, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote in news:1187302611.502142.133840

> @k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com:
>
> POT<=>KETTLE<=>BLACK

> From: zigzag...@yahoo.com

> Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server
> Subject: Re: 11g Released Today
> Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 15:16:51 -0700
> Organization:http://groups.google.com
> @news4.zwoll1.ov.home.nl> <1186760845.29...@bubbleator.drizzle.com>
> <1186884126.963148.223...@k79g2000hse.googlegroups.com>
> <7ns6c3t2al7fbgo12fsomvmo2j0537f...@4ax.com> <1187221163.710339.198170
> @m37g2000prh.googlegroups.com> <2r79c31kp4mniq0626bd7340sma92qtfdc@
> 4ax.com> <1187294307.291470.303...@57g2000hsv.googlegroups.com>
> <rrf9c3hudgsg6qih1q0cv5dehcgqa1h...@4ax.com>

You gave me an idea. I am going to report you and Sybarnd as abusers
of this newsgroup as well. I encourage ohers to do the same.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 11:22:09 PM8/16/07

From: sybra...@hccnet.nl

Newsgroups: comp.databases.oracle.server

Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2007 07:57:43 +0200

On Wed, 15 Aug 2007 19:25:30 -0700, zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote:

>On Aug 15, 5:42 pm, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:
>> On Sat, 11 Aug 2007 19:02:06 -0700, zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> >I will also like to congratulate Danie Morgan for being an Oracle Ace
>> >Director. I am hoping that this will make
>> >him less arrogant than more arrogant.
>>
>> Pott<->Kettle<->Black.
>> Your comment is, as usual, preposterous.
>> Why do you at the same time congratulate him and flame him?
>> This very clearly shows your comment is unjustified and you should
>> look in the mirror more often,
>>

>> --
>> Sybrand Bakker
>> Senior Oracle DBA
>

>The terrorist DBA is back in action.

Who do you mean? You?
I have never been away.
If you, being an arrogant idiot, can't stand my contributions, I
suggest you killfile me, and stop your nonsensical flames.
I know what I'm talking about, you think you do, but you don't.

Ana C. Dent

Aug 16, 2007, 11:30:46 PM8/16/07
zigz...@yahoo.com wrote in news:1187319798.502790.302620
@o80g2000hse.googlegroups.com:

> You gave me an idea. I am going to report you and Sybarnd as abusers
> of this newsgroup as well. I encourage ohers to do the same.

Which posts of mine are abusive?

Trolls like you should return to your cave.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 16, 2007, 11:44:19 PM8/16/07
On Aug 16, 11:30 pm, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote in news:1187319798.502790.302620

Like this one which I reported as abuse. May be, as Daniel was
suggesting you should have beers with Sybrand and
learn how to become more arrgonat, how to insult everyone in this
forum. Trolls like you really belong in cave.I am not a troll, it is
you and Sybrand.
Cheers.

Ana C. Dent

Aug 17, 2007, 12:30:48 AM8/17/07
zigz...@yahoo.com wrote in news:1187322259.686595.239010@
22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com:

> Like this one which I reported as abuse.

Then please hold your breath while waiting for action to be take upon your
"abuse" report & stop posting until you get confirmation I can no longer
post here.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 17, 2007, 1:23:13 AM8/17/07
On Aug 17, 12:30 am, "Ana C. Dent" <anaced...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> zigzag...@yahoo.com wrote in news:1187322259.686595.239010@

Looks like you have nothing better to do than wasting people's time
and internet band width, Stop posting until you hjave somethig
worthwhile to say.

sybr...@hccnet.nl

Aug 17, 2007, 1:38:46 AM8/17/07

Pot<->Kettle<->Black.
Please stop posting until you have something worthwile to say.
Other than that: get mental help.

zigz...@yahoo.com

Aug 17, 2007, 7:00:25 AM8/17/07
On Aug 17, 1:38 am, sybra...@hccnet.nl wrote:

As has pointed in the past, you desperately need mebtal health.

Shakespeare

Aug 17, 2007, 8:38:36 AM8/17/07
I suggest you all take a deep breath, some sleep, a beer or a whiskey,
reread these threads, smile about it and go back to work.... if you have
any.

This is not some private discussion forum, and discussions like these are of
no value to other users of this forum. And IF you all insist on continuing,
PLEASE do so in one thread, not in multiple threads.

Thanks,
Shakespeare

Alexander Skwar

Aug 17, 2007, 9:51:29 AM8/17/07
sybr...@hccnet.nl <sybr...@hccnet.nl> wrote:

> I can see the trolls are riding again.

You own a horse?

> I would suggest *you* go away, and stay away for good.

Leave the field to make a troll happy?

Nah.

Alexander Skwar

Alexander Skwar

Aug 17, 2007, 9:52:06 AM8/17/07
zigz...@yahoo.com < zigz...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> It is a shame that you support an arrogant person like Sybrand.

No, it's not a shame, it's only natural.

Alexander Skwar

DA Morgan

Aug 17, 2007, 12:27:33 PM8/17/07
zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> Puget Sound Oracle Users Groupwww.psoug.org- Hide quoted text -

> I am not the only one who has problem with Sybrand, many others as
> well as do, Of course, you support Sybrabd, when Sybrand calls someone
> arrgonat idiot, you do n't complain that this should not belong in
> technical forum.

I'm not saying he is right. I'm not saying you are wrong. I'm saying
take it off line.

My issue is not whether you do or do not have a problem with Sybrand.
It is with the juvenile manner used to deal with it. If you have a
problem with him then by all means address the issue to him in off-line,
and private, correspondence. This is not the Jerry Springer show. We
really don't care about whether the two of you are having a torid affair
or decide to duel with hockey sticks. This is c.d.o.s not
alt.psych.my_angst. Thank you.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington

DA Morgan

Aug 17, 2007, 12:29:06 PM8/17/07

My pleasure. And more 11g features and functionality are being added
each day as I confirm that things in the Beta are in 11.1.0.6 and still
work the same way.

Right now I'm working on the new DBMS_IR built-in package. It is
undocumented ... but fascinating. Hopefully I will have the information
posted in the next day or two.

DA Morgan

Aug 17, 2007, 12:38:15 PM8/17/07
zigz...@yahoo.com wrote:
> As has pointed in the past, you desperately need mebtal health.

And you need to learn how to use a spell checker.

Can you say fluocinolone acetonide acetate? How about naproxyn sodium?

I can. I used to work for J&J. And not at your level.

Want to take a bet on how many minutes it will take me to get
someone to explain to you corporate policy on the use of networks
for non-business purposes?

Last chance to straighten things up and demonstrate some maturity. I'd
suggest you calm down and give it some serious consideration.
--
Daniel A. Morgan

joel garry

Aug 20, 2007, 9:49:34 AM8/20/07

ZZZzzzzzzz... *cough*cough*... wha?

Man, you _haven't_ been paying attention.

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
http://mikerault.blogspot.com/2005/04/standing-by.html