Radiohead lyrics in Oracle RDBMS code

Dennis Yurichev

Jan 25, 2010, 3:16:31 AM1/25/10
Hi.

strings oracle.exe | grep radiohead

Starting at least at 10.2.0.1, function kfasSelfTest_update() (located
in kfas.o) use Radiohead lyrics to test... something related to ASM
probably.

Schematic pseudocode:

#define STRING "I'm a creep, I'm a winner, what the hell am I doing
here.I don't belong here - radiohead"

kfasSelfTest_update()
{
kfasOpen (...);
somestruct.somevalue=STRING;
kfasUpdate (somestruct);
kfasClose (...);
newstruct=kfasOpen (...);
if (strncmp (newstruct.somevalue, STRING, ...)!=0)
{
// raise error 99999?
kserec1(99999, 1, ...);
kserec2(99999, 1, ..., STRING, 1, ...);
return 0;
};
kfasClose (...);
return 1;
};

gazzag

Jan 25, 2010, 6:05:37 AM1/25/10
> };-

Sadly, if this is true, the lyric is wrong. The actual words are:

"I'm a creep, I'm a _weirdo_. What the hell am I doing here. I don't
belong here."

Maybe I'll log a SR.... :P

HTH

-g

Dennis Yurichev

Jan 25, 2010, 7:03:41 AM1/25/10
On Jan 25, 1:05 pm, gazzag <gar...@jamms.org> wrote:
> Sadly, if this is true, the lyric is wrong.  The actual words are:
>
> "I'm a creep, I'm a _weirdo_.  What the hell am I doing here. I don't
> belong here."
>
> Maybe I'll log a SR.... :P

That's right, they should issue patch.

Kay Kanekowski

Jan 25, 2010, 12:20:41 PM1/25/10

and what's with NLS-support ?
Where i find the german translation ?
regards
Kay

Mark D Powell

Jan 26, 2010, 2:39:50 PM1/26/10
> -g- Hide quoted text -

The presence of the message seems to be both version platform
dependent. I cannot find in on AIX 10.2.0.3 but it can be found on
Linux and Solaris.

HTH -- Mark D Powell --

Robert Klemme

Jan 26, 2010, 6:46:22 PM1/26/10
> The presence of the message seems to be both version platform
> dependent. I cannot find in on AIX 10.2.0.3 but it can be found on
> Linux and Solaris.

I think we should tell Richard - he's a fan of Radiohead (maybe he can
even provide the German translation for the patch).

http://richardfoote.wordpress.com/2009/06/13/radiohead-in-rainbows-disk-2-available-for-digital-download/

;-)

robert

http://blog.rubybestpractices.com/

Kay Kanekowski

Jan 27, 2010, 3:13:28 AM1/27/10
On 26 Jan., 20:39, Mark D Powell <Mark.Powe...@hp.com> wrote:
> The presence of the message seems to be both version platform
> dependent.  I cannot find in on AIX 10.2.0.3 but it can be found on
> Linux and Solaris.

Hi,
i found it on windows version on my notebook.

And today i found it on z/OS too:
BROWSE ORACLE.O102.PROD.AUTHLOAD(ORACLE) Line 00014432
Col 121
kfastest....I'm a creep, I'm a winner, what the hell am I doing here.I

don't belong here - radiohead

and again no german version ;-(
Kay

joel garry

Jan 27, 2010, 1:09:42 PM1/27/10
On Jan 25, 12:16 am, Dennis Yurichev <dennis.yuric...@gmail.com>
wrote:

On hp-ux, 10.2.0.4, the strings command seems to filter it out, but
grepping directly for hell shows it.

lol, can't even get the lyric right! What was that misheard lyrics
site?

jg
--
@home.com is bogus.
Oracle owns java now: http://www.oracle.com/us/corporate/press/044428

Shakespeare

Jan 27, 2010, 2:57:54 PM1/27/10
Op 27-1-2010 19:09, joel garry schreef:
> misheard lyrics

www.kissthisguy.com

Shakespeare

The Boss

Jan 27, 2010, 6:11:04 PM1/27/10
joel garry wrote:
<...>

> lol, can't even get the lyric right! What was that misheard lyrics
> site?
>
> jg

The term you're looking for: mondegreen.
Here's a nice list:
http://www.sfgate.com/columnists/carroll/mondegreens.shtml

For more background info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mondegreen

For real pro's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soramimi
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Animutation
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hatten_%C3%A4r_din

And for a good laugh:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdyC1BrQd6g

--
Jeroen

Ed MC

Feb 5, 2010, 1:41:59 PM2/5/10
Confirmed on Solaris 10 on SPARC

hpuxrac

Feb 5, 2010, 4:32:32 PM2/5/10
On Jan 25, 3:16 am, Dennis Yurichev <dennis.yuric...@gmail.com> wrote:

snip

> Hi.
>
> strings oracle.exe | grep radiohead
>
> Starting at least at 10.2.0.1, function kfasSelfTest_update() (located
> in kfas.o) use Radiohead lyrics to test... something related to ASM
> probably.
>
> Schematic pseudocode:
>
> #define STRING "I'm a creep, I'm a winner, what the hell am I doing
> here.I don't belong here - radiohead"

It is a little hard to get the words correct here if you have not
listened to the song several times.

Or you skip the double checking part ( aka QA ) ... which seems to be
a re-occurring problem with oracle software ported onto multiple
platforms lately.