Oracle 8.0.5.2.4 and OAS 4.0.2.1

Mark Cormier

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
Hello all,
I have Oracle 8.0.5.2.4 and OAS 4.0.2.1 on two NT 4.0 SP 5 boxes.
My problem is that whenever OAS starts, the database machine becomes
real unhappy.
Has anybody ever seen this before? The two machines in question are
both
Dell PE 6300's, with the database machine having a gig of memory and the
OAS
machine having 1.5 gigs.

-Thanks for any advice or insight
-Mark Cormier

Sybrand Bakker

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
Define 'real unhappy'
Your post is too vague to answer it.
Did you look in the alert log?
Did you run the performance monitor to identify whether the system is CPU or
IO-bound.
If you can please come up with something more substantial and this group
will be happy to answer it.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

"Mark Cormier" <mcor...@camail1.harvard.edu> wrote in message

Mark Cormier

Jun 12, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/12/00
By "real unhappy", I mean the 2 cpu's (450's) never come down below 45%.

-Thanks
-Mark

Jan M. Stankovsky

Jun 13, 2000, 3:00:00 AM6/13/00
Maybe you're using outdated software. I've been told by OracleSupport
that
OAS 4.0.7 is heavy buggy, outdated and desupported. But you can download
it from technet. OAS 4.0.8.1 is state of the art, give it a try. It
solved many problems ...