supress warnings sp_rename

peter

Aug 5, 2001, 5:49:51 AM8/5/01
i have to rename a column with sp_rename for 200 tables in an upgrade
script,
is there anyway to suppress the warning:
"Caution: Changing any part of an object name could break scripts and
stored procedures The COLUMN was renamed to 'NewName123'"
I think it is quite sufficient if the user only see it once tops, not
200 times.

i was hoping for a SET ANSI_WARNINGS OFF, type of solution.

Erland Sommarskog

Aug 5, 2001, 6:25:00 AM8/5/01

I would guess that you are out of look. I looked at the sourcecode
for sp_rename, and while renaming of objects and indexes are performed
with updates against system tables, renaming of columns goes through
an undocumented DBCC.

--
Erland Sommarskog, Abaris AB
som...@algonet.se

peter

Aug 6, 2001, 3:59:01 AM8/6/01
I thought so,
my searchings came up with nothing as well.
thanks for taking the time and answer, Erland.

Best Regards
//Peter