comparing the datastructure of two tables

windandwaves

May 26, 2005, 7:19:52 PM5/26/05
Hi Guys

I want to find out if two tables are identical (e.g. same fields, same
indexes, etc....). Not the data, but the table structure itself.

Is there a smart way to do that?

Cheers

Nicolaas

Douglas J. Steele

May 26, 2005, 7:42:26 PM5/26/05
There are 3rd party tools that'll help you with this.

Take a look at FMS http://www.fmsinc.com or SSW
http://www.ssw.com.au/SSW/Products/ProdSummaryList.aspx or
http://www.kliksoft.com/

Otherwise, you'll need to loop through every field in every table, comparing
every property.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"windandwaves" <winan...@coldmail.com> wrote in message

windandwaves

May 27, 2005, 12:22:10 AM5/27/05
Douglas J. Steele wrote:
> There are 3rd party tools that'll help you with this.
>
> Take a look at FMS http://www.fmsinc.com or SSW
> http://www.ssw.com.au/SSW/Products/ProdSummaryList.aspx or
> http://www.kliksoft.com/
>
> Otherwise, you'll need to loop through every field in every table,
> comparing every property.

Hi Douglas,

thanks for that, those tools are awesome. I am going to write it myself
first and if it does not work I am going to try to get some of those
tools.... (I prefer to know how things work....)

Thanks a lot.

- Nicolaas