Re: VBA Code to extract PDF stream from BMP (long)

CDMAP...@fortunejames.com

Feb 6, 2006, 5:31:33 PM2/6/06
In:

http://groups.google.com/group/comp.databases.ms-access/msg/c368352c148450b9

I posted VBA code for obtaining the pixel information from a BMP image
for use in PDF documents created directly from Access. I discovered
that the carry locations for the pixel sizes are incorrect. When the H
or W of the image is 256 or more the technique shown for reading the
values from the BMP file directly will produce values that are too
small. I suspect that bytes 20 and 24 should be used instead of bytes
21 and 25 for this case but I have not tested it. As a temporary
workaround for larger images I am passing the height and width values
into the subroutine directly. Also, I feel that the code is not
efficient enough for large images so I may work on its efficiency.
There has not been much need to improve the code since once the pixel
information has been obtained and compressed it is not required to do
it again for the same image. The reason for going to larger images is
that the magnification power of Acrobat Reader seems to be getting more
powerful with time. Some PDF documents will be sent to outside
companies. In that case it is worth providing extra pixel information
so that the images do not become granular until much higher
magnifications. So far, I have not discovered any other problems using
this code.

James A. Fortune
CDMAP...@FortuneJames.com

Message has been deleted