Spammed by PC Datasheet

RR

Jun 27, 2005, 1:29:39 PM6/27/05
Does everyone who posts here get spammed by PC Datasheet, or is it just a
"lucky few"? I've asked two questions in the last year, and gotten spammed
by him both times.

Yes yes I know, dont used a correct email address. Sad part is I am not
getting spam for anyone except from the "access professional".

Or maybe I misunderstood what this news group was all about..........

Bas Cost Budde

Jun 27, 2005, 2:40:36 PM6/27/05
I have not experienced this. And in my history I have only seen sensible
posts by PC datasheet. Could this possibly be a virus operating? Abuse
of his name? We do have resident trolls, you know.

Oh and I did notice a significant increase in spam as I posted here. It
seems spambots are still active. I do not use my correct mailadress
anymore exactly for that reason.

RR wrote:

You bet.
--
Bas Cost Budde, Holland
http://www.heuveltop.nl/BasCB/msac_index.html

RR

Jun 27, 2005, 2:13:14 PM6/27/05
I follow this group and have learned a lot reading post from a lot of people
who spend time to help others.

Its the emails I'm having trouble with.

Here is the email, basically the same each time.........do you think its a
troll?

I am in business to provide customers with a resource for help with
Microsoft Access, Excel and Word
applications. You can view my website at www.pcdatasheet.com. I saw
your post on the Access
newsgroup regarding keeping track of consecutive numbered cards. I
would like to offer to create a
database for you that does what you describe in your post. My fee would
be $150. You can be assured
you will be well satisfied working with me. Email me at
reso...@pcdatasheet.com and let me know if
you would like my help. Below are some customer comments about working
with me.

PC Datasheet

Your Resource for Access, Excel and Word Help

Stephen G. Santus, MBA, Engineer Office (814) 226-5327
52 Campbell Avenue Fax (775) 822-3965
Clarion, PA 16214
reso...@pcdatasheet.com

www.pcdatasheet.com

"Steve demonstrated creativity, efficiency and professionalism of the
highest standard. His database
programming expertise was invaluable to us. Steve was a pleasure to
work with and displayed a
team-oriented approach to work."
Geordie -- Director of Information Services.

"Wow. This is nice. Very nice. This should help us immensely! Thank
you so much for your help."
Kathy -- Educational Manager at a large Medical Center

"I'm having a real hard time simplifying this stuff for myself and I'm
pleading with my boss to take
a loan or whatever we have to do to get you more hours to handle this
properly. I love working with
your guidance. It's almost as if I need you on the phone for every
little thing that pops into my
mind."
John --- IT Manager, Art-Ave

".....From that point, Steve, with my input, laid out the overall
design and the steps towards the
implementation of the final product which I delivered to my client just
last week. Now, my client
wants me to write additional database systems for them, thanks to Steve
who made me a hero!!"
Jim --- Developer

"Steve is an unique find."
Confidential Customer
"Bas Cost Budde" <b.cos...@heuvelqop.nl> wrote in message

Tim Marshall

Jun 27, 2005, 2:58:58 PM6/27/05
RR wrote:

> Does everyone who posts here get spammed by PC Datasheet, or is it just a
> "lucky few"? I've asked two questions in the last year, and gotten spammed
> by him both times.

It might not be deliberate unsolicited email. Some people press reply
all when responding to posts on usenet and if your address is not
munged, you will get it directly. It is irritating when someone does it
all the time, but it does happen and despite my position in the last
trainwreck of a thread I was involved with over Steve, I'd give him the
benefit of the doubt.

Also, I've sometimes responded directly to a poster if I've come across
their post some days after it was posted and no one else has helped
him/her - some people don't follow threads, even ones they've started
for more than a couple of days, so i do it to be sure the person gets a
response.
--
Tim http://www.ucs.mun.ca/~tmarshal/
^o<

Arno R

Jun 27, 2005, 5:09:05 PM6/27/05

"Bas Cost Budde" <b.cos...@heuvelqop.nl> schreef in bericht news:d9pk7u$fle$1...@localhost.localdomain...

>I have not experienced this. And in my history I have only seen sensible
> posts by PC datasheet. Could this possibly be a virus operating? Abuse
> of his name? We do have resident trolls, you know.

IMO this is no virus, no troll also.
I guess since Steve has problem's advertising here, he is trying 'direct mail'.

Arno R

Bas Cost Budde

Jun 27, 2005, 6:18:30 PM6/27/05
Ja dat zou kunnen natuurlijk.

Maybe he'll answer one day. I don't believe in a marketing method like
that. And I won't let myself irritate either.

RR, as you asked: No, I haven't (then, I don't post too many questions).
Nice to have Delete.