How to use the DoCmd.SendObject Method

co...@my-deja.com

Dec 15, 2000, 9:51:30 PM12/15/00
In an Access form I have a button, that once pressed will fire Outlook
2000 to send an E-mail with a short message and an attached access
report "rptInvoiceToCust" to a particular customer. How can I simply
use the DoCmd.SendObject method to attach to the e-mail the invoice
related to that customer only. I want the method to filter on the
invoice reports depending on the CustomerID which a text field in my
case. Is there an easier way to do this?

Mel

Thanks in advance.

Mel

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

JPaulSch

Dec 18, 2000, 3:37:47 AM12/18/00
Perhaps have the whole rptInvoiceToCust report always only show one customer
(whether it's opened by a form or used in SendObject).

The report could be based on a query. The query could contain a criteria
parameter such as the following:

[What is the Customer ID?]

In this case, when the report is opened, the user is asked for the proper
CustomerID.

Or the query could contain a criteria parameter which plucks its value off of a
control on an open form:

=Forms![MyForm]![MyCustomerIDControl]

Best regards,
-Paul