Very odd new error message in A2K3 app

Lauren Wilson

Mar 16, 2006, 12:34:08 PM3/16/06
Hi Folks,

We have a user who is suddenly getting the following error message
when they start our very mature application. Other users of the same
version are NOT getting this error:

"Error 3075 - Function is not available in expressions in query
expression 'Trim([tblProspects]![Email])' "

I believe that this function comes from the DAO 3.6 library.

Anyone have a clue how we can fix this problem?

Thanks for all responses gentlemen,

-- LW

david epsom dot com dot au

Mar 16, 2006, 9:30:51 PM3/16/06
The TRIM function comes from the VBA library, by
way of the Jet database engine.

If your user is getting this message while using
MS Access, then you have a 'references' problem.

Open the database in Access, open a code module,
and check Tools, References.

(david)

"Lauren Wilson" <nos...@nospam.com> wrote in message

James

Mar 17, 2006, 8:02:59 AM3/17/06
If its not a references problem you may be trying to use direct
references to database objects in an SQL query somewhere which is one
thing you cant do in A2003 but you can in previous versions. The
workaround is to have the query call a VBA function you define which
then goes and accesses the form field or whatever.

James

Lauren Wilson

Mar 17, 2006, 1:05:06 PM3/17/06
Thanks David. You are correct (as usual). It's been so long since
we've had this error that I forgot about the cause. I'm really dense
sometimes. I should have figured this out on my own.

We modified our update installer to include the WMI Scripting lib and
the problem went away after update.

Your contributions to this group are very much appreciated.

Live long and prosper!

-- LW

Lauren Wilson

Mar 17, 2006, 1:06:28 PM3/17/06

Interesting! In THIS case, this was not the cause, but thanks for
your kind effort.

Bri

Mar 17, 2006, 3:57:49 PM3/17/06

> On 17 Mar 2006 05:02:59 -0800, "James" <jim...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>If its not a references problem you may be trying to use direct
>>references to database objects in an SQL query somewhere which is one
>>thing you cant do in A2003 but you can in previous versions. The
>>workaround is to have the query call a VBA function you define which
>>then goes and accesses the form field or whatever.
>>
>>James

Are you talking about this:

SELECT myTable.* FROM myTable WHERE TableID=Forms!myForm!SelectAnID

This works fine in AC2003, AK2k, AC97.

--
Bri