Connecting to data sources

mohsen_...@yahoo.com

Oct 23, 2006, 9:32:41 AM10/23/06
Hi
I want to see data of a Btrieve database from access 2003.
I have DDF files and the odbc driver and have made a data source.
But to connect to this data source,from file menu,get external
data,import, when I try to change the
type of files to 'ODBC Databases' the import window is closed and
nothing happens.
What's on?
Is this the only way of connecting to a data source?

Any thing is appreciated.

Jens Schilling

Oct 23, 2006, 9:51:01 AM10/23/06

I've seen this behavior on PCs with Norton AV installed on it - is NAV
installed on your machine ?

Regards
Jens

mohsen_...@yahoo.com

Oct 23, 2006, 11:02:07 PM10/23/06
Hello
Yes,I've Norton AV installed on my PC.
I disabled it and tried again but the problem still exists.

Thank you for your response

Jens Schilling

Oct 24, 2006, 1:41:16 AM10/24/06

> Yes,I've Norton AV installed on my PC.
> I disabled it and tried again but the problem still exists.

You don't need to disable it but try the following :

Start Norton
--> Security Basics / Auto-Protect / Configure Auto-Protect --> Other /
Miscellaneous
There you should find a check box labeled "How to keep Microsoft Office
Documents Protected", which you should deactivate and then restart your
machine.

I don't know NAV 2006 but there it should be :

Options - Norton Antivirus Autoprotect - Bloodhount Heuristic

Regards
Jens

mohsen_...@yahoo.com

Oct 25, 2006, 12:10:22 AM10/25/06
Thank you Jens
Now it is working.It was great!

but now I'm engaged with another problem:I can't see the dsn I've
created.
I created it by Database Drivers 2.0 for Windows wich contains the last

Microsoft-provided ODBC driver for Btrieve, a 16 bit driver.
Ofcourse it is an antique thing nowadays but my only solution.

Thank you

Jens Schilling

Oct 25, 2006, 1:53:17 AM10/25/06

> but now I'm engaged with another problem:I can't see the dsn I've
> created.
> I created it by Database Drivers 2.0 for Windows wich contains the
> last
>
> Microsoft-provided ODBC driver for Btrieve, a 16 bit driver.
> Ofcourse it is an antique thing nowadays but my only solution.

Sorry, no idea - only a link to a KB-Article regarding your problem :

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290127/en-us

Regards
Jens

mohsen_...@yahoo.com