I didn't know this could be done (rename the Detail section of a Form)

Lyle Fairfield

Jan 13, 2006, 8:18:45 AM1/13/06
I had a Sproc which returned a field called Details.

I had the Form Wizard create a continuous form with the Sproc as the
RecordSource (as a shell for me to modify).

I renamed the Details textbox to txtDetails.

Except I didn't. I grabbed DETAIL from the pulldown and renamed it to
TxtDetail.

Arrgggggggggghhhhh!

Although the form showed the Detail section, it was now called
TxtDetail. So code like
Me.InsideHeight = Me.Detail.Height * 10
failed
and the object browser showed no Detail member for the form.

Well it's solved now. Perhaps this has happened to you. Perhaps it's a
useful thing to squirrel away for some time when you think you might be
going crazier, as I did.

(Access 2003 ADP)
Can one do this in earlier versions of Access? Surely the name of Form
Sections is/should be ReadOnly?

--
Lyle Fairfield

StopThisAdvertising

Jan 13, 2006, 8:46:42 AM1/13/06
Same with A97 and A2k here
I can rename the form-section to TestDetail or whatever.
So I can find me Me.TestDetail (and not Me.Detail anymore).

These section-names are definitely not readonly,
I did not even expect them to be...
Sometimes I rename report-sections for clarity (when I have lots of grouping)

Arno R

"Lyle Fairfield" <lylefa...@aim.com> schreef in bericht news:YMNxf.4222$LF....@read2.cgocable.net...

RoyVidar

Jan 13, 2006, 9:43:57 AM1/13/06
Lyle Fairfield wrote in message <YMNxf.4222$LF....@read2.cgocable.net>
:

Not only that, the names are localized. The Detail section in the
Norwegian version is called "Detalj" ;-)

I like using the constants, which disambiguates such calls.

Me.InsideHeight = Me.Section(acDetail).Height * 10

--
Roy-Vidar

Arno R

Jan 13, 2006, 9:43:46 AM1/13/06
Sorry for using the wrong account ....
I believe this is (at the least) the third time I made this mistake.

Maybe (I hope) I can delete the other account soon...

Arno R

Lyle Fairfield

Jan 13, 2006, 10:37:16 AM1/13/06
Good Idea. I'll use it.