Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition

Lyle Fairfield

Jan 27, 2007, 6:56:39 AM1/27/07
I use Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition as a vehicle for managing
web sites and connections for displaying data in web pages. Perhaps, you do
too.

On December 18, 2006 Microsoft made Service Pack 1 available. MS indicates
that the Service Pack will exhibit “improved responsiveness”. I missed or
ignored the announcement, probably because of Christmas activities.
Yesterday I downloaded and installed the Service Pack.

I have found that Visual Web Developer 2005 Express Edition Service Pack 1
is much faster than the original in opening, opening sites and retrieving
files. If you use the program but haven’t “upgraded” yet, I recommend that
you read about and consider doing so.

The program is quite slick and unlike much MS technology, it allows the
user to make most of the decisions.
And it's free.