Annotated Calendar

jimfo...@compumarc.com

Aug 25, 2005, 5:50:46 PM8/25/05
I'm putting my A97 calendar program up on:

http://www.oakland.edu/~fortune/CalendarAnnotate.zip

It is still in an experimental state with the following caveats:

1) It is supplied "as is" and "use at your own risk"

2) The Adobe Reader file must be closed before creating a new annotated
calendar otherwise it will error and you will have to close the file
before continuing to run the code.

3) Only annotations that fall between the dates selected on the
calendar controls will show up.

4) The part that shows the logo has been mostly gutted so don't try to
choose a logo file. This was because the original had options to
compress image data and include the stream from a file on the network.

5) Acrobat Reader will display a message "This file is damaged and is
being repaired" briefly when the pdf file is opened. Until I fix that
problem I am letting Acrobat Reader recompose the byte offsets to the
pdf structures. The file will be fine.

6) The data field is 30 characters long. The dates on the calendar
hold about 19 characters. Strings that are too long to fit in the box
will be scaled automatically to fit.

7) The scale factor was mostly for printing out huge calendars on a
plotter. A scale factor of 1 produces 8 1/2 x 11 inch output.

8) Many U.S. holidays will cause the day number to be grayed out.

Enjoy,

James A. Fortune