Am moving from Access 2.0 to Access 97... What happened to Run - Compile Loaded Modules?

mlh, eit

May 15, 2002, 2:08:00 PM5/15/02
In Access 2.0, when you were editing
a module, Run appeared on the menu
bar. Under that, you could select
Compile Loaded Modules. This allowed
you to perform a check for errors in
your code. Has that functionality been
incorporated into 97 at all?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Albert D. Kallal

May 15, 2002, 2:49:55 PM5/15/02
All of those options have been moved to the Debug menu.

--
Albert D. Kallal
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

"mlh, eit" <Shak...@Triad.rr.com> wrote in message

Steve Jorgensen

May 15, 2002, 3:28:34 PM5/15/02
I just moved one apartment to the left <g>. It's now under the Debug
menu. It'll be way more different when you get to A2K, too.

On Wed, 15 May 2002 18:08:00 GMT, "mlh, eit" <Shak...@Triad.rr.com>
wrote:

--
Steve Jorgensen
Database application developer - available

Bob Hall

May 15, 2002, 5:41:07 PM5/15/02
At the rate the original poster is upgrading, that won't happen for
seven years.

--
Access Hamsters: Free tools for users, DBAs, and developers.
http://users.starpower.net/rjhalljr Click on Downloads.

mlh, eit

May 15, 2002, 7:15:24 PM5/15/02
You're right about that <grin>.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Bob Hall

May 15, 2002, 8:17:04 PM5/15/02
And you'll be four upgrades behind, instead of two. But that's
alright; I'm using PIIs, and my girlfriend has Acc2 installed on
her 486.

Larry Linson

May 15, 2002, 8:27:31 PM5/15/02
Nah, you'll probably skip A2K (just as you skipped A95) and seven or so
years from now move directly to Access 2002.

--
Larry Linson
http://www.ntpcug.org -- North Texas PC User Group

Don P. Mellon

May 15, 2002, 10:15:26 PM5/15/02

"Larry Linson" <larry....@ntpcug.org> wrote in message

> Nah, you'll probably skip A2K (just as you skipped A95) and seven or so
> years from now move directly to Access 2002.

And seven or so years from now you will still be repeating the Great Myths
of Access.

mlh, eit

May 16, 2002, 7:07:46 AM5/16/02
Hey, at my age, I'll be lucky to be alive then.

Larry Linson

May 16, 2002, 11:16:42 PM5/16/02
Don P. Mellon

> And seven or so years from now you will
> still be repeating the Great Myths
> of Access.

You mean the one about Access 2007 being a solid, stable release and Access
2010 having unresolved issues, but Access 2012 holding promise?

Unless The Boys and Girls in Redmond change their direction, I expect that
seven years from now, Access may only be available in a subscription version
and I may well have lost interest entirely.

Don P. Mellon

May 17, 2002, 1:37:19 AM5/17/02
"I hope all you Access gurus can help! I've been thinking about upgrading
my Access 2007, but I've been reading all these awful things about Access
2010 in this newsgroup. Is it true the new voice error system actually
swears and threatens to shut down the application? I need a stable database
that allows people to make some mistakes once in a while, and I can't have
anything like that going on. Also, I work for a church.

What are the pros and cons of upgrading? Or should I just stay with Access
2007 and wait until Access 2012 comes out?"

"Larry Linson" <larry....@ntpcug.org> wrote in message

Peter Russell

May 17, 2002, 4:18:00 AM5/17/02
I have a spare copy of Access97 which I am finding is still more reliable than A2010 - would you like me to send it to via the matter transmitter.

Peter

Peter Russell

May 17, 2002, 4:23:00 AM5/17/02
Ooops!
No can do: I've just realised the matter transmitter is running MS EmbeddedOS v25.02 which detects non-current MS products and turns them into pig food.

Peter

Larry Linson

May 17, 2002, 4:06:16 PM5/17/02
Peter Russell wrote

> Ooops!
> No can do: I've just realised the matter transmitter is running MS
EmbeddedOS v25.02 which detects non-current MS products and turns them into
pig food.

There are some who would say that is a miracle, that you can't reverse the
digestive process as you describe.

Bob Hall

May 17, 2002, 11:04:52 PM5/17/02
In article <ac21cu$mb31a$1...@ID-89436.news.dfncis.de>, Don P. Mellon wrote:
> "I hope all you Access gurus can help! I've been thinking about upgrading
> my Access 2007, but I've been reading all these awful things about Access
> 2010 in this newsgroup. Is it true the new voice error system actually
> swears and threatens to shut down the application? I need a stable database
> that allows people to make some mistakes once in a while, and I can't have
> anything like that going on. Also, I work for a church.
>
> What are the pros and cons of upgrading? Or should I just stay with Access
> 2007 and wait until Access 2012 comes out?"

I'm sorry, but the one true Access is Access 2005. Everything else
is blasphamy. You should be ashamed.

Father Bob, S.C. (Society of Cheeses)