datablade registration in ANSI database

Alexey Sonkin

Dec 8, 2004, 4:43:23 PM12/8/04

Hi, everybody,

Is there any documented way to register the datablade module
in ANSI database?

Both Windows-based 'BladeManager' and command-line 'blademgr'
do not support ANSI databases....

Any workaround?

-Alexey

sending to informix-list

Gorazd Hribar Rajterič

Dec 8, 2004, 7:12:34 PM12/8/04
What if you change your database to BUFFERED mode, register datablade and change your database back to ANSI (if you really need to).

This is just an idea. I have never tried this myself...

Gorazd

Jonathan Leffler

Dec 9, 2004, 1:09:54 AM12/9/04
Gorazd Hribar Rajterič wrote:
> What if you change your database to BUFFERED mode, register datablade
> and change your database back to ANSI (if you really need to).
>
> This is just an idea. I have never tried this myself...

You can't change the logging mode on a MODE ANSI database, AFAIK.

You could create the database as a regular logged database and then
add the blades, and finally convert to MODE ANSI -- that should work.

> "Alexey Sonkin" <ale...@grandvirtual.com> wrote:
>> Is there any documented way to register the datablade module
>> in ANSI database?
>>
>> Both Windows-based 'BladeManager' and command-line 'blademgr'
>> do not support ANSI databases....
>>
>> Any workaround?

Open a case with Tech Support. Get them to dig out the FR (Feature
Request) for this - and add your name to the list of people needing
it. Longer lists of cases help give such things priority.

--
Jonathan Leffler #include <disclaimer.h>
Email: jlef...@earthlink.net, jlef...@us.ibm.com

Alexey Sonkin

Dec 8, 2004, 11:44:59 PM12/8/04

ANSI database can't be reverted to any mode.

-Alexey

> What if you change your database to BUFFERED mode, register datablade
and
> change your database back to ANSI (if you really need to).
>
> This is just an idea. I have never tried this myself...
>

> Gorazd
>
> "Alexey Sonkin" <ale...@grandvirtual.com> wrote in message
> >
> > Hi, everybody,
> >

> > Is there any documented way to register the datablade module
> > in ANSI database?
> >
> > Both Windows-based 'BladeManager' and command-line 'blademgr'
> > do not support ANSI databases....
> >
> > Any workaround?
> >

> > -Alexey
> >

> > sending to informix-list

sending to informix-list

Jochen Platzer

Dec 9, 2004, 10:53:41 AM12/9/04

this work for us:( IDS 9.21UC4 on Solaris with ansi databases )

to register a datablade in a database using SQL, the first step is to
prepare the datablade modules:
EXECUTE FUNCTION SYSBldPrepare('ifxmngr', 'sysblderrorlog');
This must be executed every time you connect before executing other
routines.

sysblderrorlog is a temporary system catalog table which logs the errors.
You can check for blade registration errors with the following SQL:
SELECT * FROM sysblderrorlog WHERE err_expected != 'expected';
SELECT * FROM “informix“.sysblderrorlog WHERE err_expected !=
'expected';
The WHERE clause will avoid certain errors which are expected, such as
failure to drop existing versions of the blade because there are none.

To determine what datablade modules are available, use the following query:
SELECT * FROM sysbldmodules;
SELECT * FROM „informix“.sysbldmodules;
-_ Die Tabelle existiert nicht. Aber dafür funktioniert folgendes:
SELECT * FROM “informix“.sysbldregistered;

Next, simply register the datablade:
EXECUTE FUNCTION SysBldRegister('BLADE.VERSION','sysblderrorlog');
where BLADE.VERSION is the name of the blade and the complete version, and
must match the directory in $INFORMIXDIR/extend/

Certain blades require other blades to be registered first. For example,
Excalibur Text Search requires the TXT and LLD blades. blademgr will
automatically register the blade, but SysBldRegister() will not. You must
register each blade separately and in order:
execute function sysbldregister('LLD.1.20.UC2','sysblderrorlog');
execute function sysbldregister('TXT.1.10.UC5','sysblderrorlog');
execute function sysbldregister('ETX.1.30.UC5','sysblderrorlog');

To unregister a blade, simply use the following:
*** EXECUTE FUNCTION SysBldUnregister('BLADE.VERSION','sysblderrorlog');
execute function
sysbldunregister('ETX.1.30.UC5','sysblderrorlog');
execute function
sysbldunregister('TXT.1.10.UC5','sysblderrorlog');
execute function
sysbldunregister('LLD.1.20.UC2','sysblderrorlog');

hth

:-) Jochen

Alexey Sonkin

Dec 9, 2004, 11:56:17 AM12/9/04

Thank You, Jonathan,

I've created a PMR# 91192 999 000 for the problem.
Atlas CASE# is not assigned the problem yet.

Meanwhile, I'll try to slightly modify the datablade
installation SQL scripts, so that I could run them
manually from 'dbaccess'

-Alexey

sending to informix-list

Donny

Dec 10, 2004, 5:29:50 AM12/10/04
Alexey Sonkin wrote:
> Thank You, Jonathan,
>
> I've created a PMR# 91192 999 000 for the problem.
> Atlas CASE# is not assigned the problem yet.
>
> Meanwhile, I'll try to slightly modify the datablade
> installation SQL scripts, so that I could run them
> manually from 'dbaccess'
>
> -Alexey

Just my two penneth worth, but according to Cosmo (IBM's IDS technical
demi-god), datablades are not supported in ANSI mode databases at all
(although for a while I was successfully developing a VII on one before
he told me!)

Donny